Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > it's here! except i can't play with it because i'm in work for another 7 hours!

it's here! except i can't play with it because i'm in work for another 7 hours!
janmc
Oct 17, 2003, 05:44 AM

My 15" 1.25 powerbook has arrived! But I can't play with it because I'm stuck at work. How unfair is life? How am I going to get through the day? Also, working in a PC world, no one understands what it's like and they think I'm crazy. (They might be right!) Though at least it arrived before the weekend!

janmc  (op)
Oct 17, 2003, 07:52 AM

Ok, just couldn't resist - had to have a look... No white spots yet, no latch problems, no dead pixels that I can see yet...

It seems perfect!

Even the people at work who were making fun earlier were impressed!

It's like Christmas

CobraNT
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 17, 2003, 08:30 AM

I think you are coming down with something.....you're looking a little green. Maybe you should go home for the day......

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Oct 17, 2003, 08:32 AM

My 15" 1.25 powerbook has arrived! But I can't play with it because I'm stuck at work.
My G4 iMac was shipped to me at work and came to the loading dock. Even though my name was all over the thing, the d!cks in shipping ripped it open to check it out themselves before I even knew the UPS guy had come. The thing was so cool, my anger quickly subsided though. Congrats on your new PowerBook. Enjoy!
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

janmc  (op)
Oct 17, 2003, 08:40 AM

"I think you are coming down with something.....you're looking a little green. Maybe you should go home for the day......"

If I thought I could get away with it I would! Unfortunately, it would be incredibly obvious!

I have a meeting I can't miss as well

djjava
Senior User
Oct 17, 2003, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by janmc:
My 15" 1.25 powerbook has arrived! But I can't play with it because I'm stuck at work. How unfair is life? How am I going to get through the day? Also, working in a PC world, no one understands what it's like and they think I'm crazy. (They might be right!) Though at least it arrived before the weekend!
big deal.... I had my 17" PB shipped to me at work, had to wait till 4:30 for FedEx to bring it, and then.... I had to leave to work, dorp off the powerbook @ home, and then schlep down to school for a 7-10 evening class. I got home around midnight or so, and had to go right to bed (but I spent a few minutes on the PB). Then, had to sit thru work the next day (a very long day) and then go home and really use the Powerbook....

It really sucked to sit in class for 3 hours with my brand new powerbook at home.

it was hell, but worth the wait.
http://www.pardonmyenglish.com "Spreading the Conservative Word...In English Only."
RevA PB17 with Panther, Lacie d2 160gb, 4G iPod, Vectorworks 10.5

dcsmrgun
Oct 17, 2003, 09:15 AM

My PB was delivered this past Monday while I was at work. Thankfully my wife was home to sign for it. So I had to go until 7pm until I unpacked the laptop. Then I had just enough time to stick it in the outlet before I had to leave for a dinner appointment in Orlando, an hour's drive away. So if I couldn't play with it right away, at least I got the full battery charge done. I then unplugged it, set it up, and turned off timed-sleep, let the powerbook drain overnight. Et voila

acadian
Senior User
Oct 17, 2003, 10:18 AM

Priorities people...priorities!!!

I skipped off work as soon as my 17" arrived, didnt even bother to tell the boss.
people ruin everything....

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2003, 10:24 AM

Haha, I know how ya feel! I was at school checking my tracking # when I saw it had arrived! The rest of that day was torture! Good luck w/ your new machine!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Forum Links
Forum Rules