Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMovie and iDVD adversely affected by Mavericks?

iMovie and iDVD adversely affected by Mavericks?
Ralpho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 22, 2014, 12:20 PM

I've been trying to make a slide show of still photos on iMovie (and then on iDVD) and run into some odd problems. I wonder if upgrading to Mavericks when it was introduced caused these problems.

In iMovie I can't figure out how to add music to a project, or change the way the photos appear. Default seems to be the "Ken Burns" effect even though I chose Bulletin Board when I started. And I don't see how it can be changed. When I try to add music the list of iTunes files appears where the photos were, so I can't drag my song to the photos.

So I tried to make the slideshow in iDVD and encountered a different problem. It turns all my color photos into black and white (with that weird effect where some colors show up).

Anyone else have these problems? Any idea how to fix them or work around them?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 11, 2015, 12:55 PM

I ran into the BW/discoloration issue while making a DVD from our Catlalina Island trip. There are numerous threads on the Apple support forums. One thread links the issue to the type of graphic card is in the iMac.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/26917095#26917095

I doubt any help is on the way since Apple stopped selling IDVD. I'm looking at either Tost from the App store or Toast Titanuim from BB. Both support Bluray creation
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules