Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Renew early for MobileMe? Check your account!

Renew early for MobileMe? Check your account!
jmelrose
Forum Regular
Aug 21, 2008, 11:28 AM

Just a heads up... it seems that maybe the 30/60/90 day extensions Apple gave out results in the loss of registering the renewal code from the boxed dotMac.

I put my code in a week ago, prior to these 30 and then 60 day extensions being applied to my account, which was due to expire August 23rd. I had purchased a boxed copy of dotMac with a Macbook (to get the $30 off) back in January. So, last week, I put in the code and tossed the box. Renewal done, set to take place on the 23rd. Well, after getting word of the extension I went to make sure the renewal was to take place AFTER the 90 day extension, and shockingly the renewal was GONE.

After an extended period with the MobileMe online chat, I thought to see if the Autofill kept the renewal code in the cache, and sure enough, it did. However, the code had been used already. (Ironicallly) so the friendly MobileMe rep had to reset the code, and then I re-renewed. Not a smooth process, but the end result was sucessful.

Anyway, bottom line, if you renewed early, double check to be sure your still on track to renew as expected. I don't think automatic self-renewals would be affected, but if you pre-renewed via a code, check your account.

Good luck!
“A man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.” -Mark Twain

Current rig: 15" MBP i7 2.6Ghz 16GB RAM 1TB Flash Drive

Forum Links
Forum Rules