Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Political identities of the Mods who've banned & infracted abe or who often lock/move abe threads

Political identities of the Mods who've banned & infracted abe or who often lock/move abe threads (Page 3)
kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2012, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
I am sorry I was so busy last week, I totally missed this not-quite-Epic thread. It doesn't meet that threshold because, well, it's the same old stuff all over again, but now it's different.
When this place was bustling, I think it was easier to tolerate Abe. There were enough other people and viewpoints here to balance out the massiveness of his views. But now, our little corner of the Internet has withered away to nearly nothing, and whoever is posting on the Abe account is too big for this place. We can't handle it anymore.
So, sorry Abe. It's time to move on. It's not you, seriously, it's us. You have everything all figured out already, and we can't possibly comprehend it all. We're a lost cause. Our moderators don't even have the bandwidth to properly police you and feed your righteous indignation.
People change, Abe. Major League pitchers retire, Wives renege on sexy promises. Bowie gives back Snoop's bling. Sometimes, it's pointless to try and get the magic back. It's gone. It's time we both own up to it, and go our separate ways. We will Huddle into oblivion, that is our fate, written on the stars above whoever makes the financial decisions around here. (Or, possibly pulled out of their ass, I can't decide which.)
But you don't have to go down with us. You have a right -- nay, an obligation -- to find some other up-and-coming forum and woo them with your charm, your Foreign Agents, your conspiracy theories yearning to breathe free. On behalf of what is left of the MacNN forums, Abe, I officially let you go, and wish you well.
If you stay here with us now, things just wouldn't be the same. You're as free as a bird, "Abe". And this bird, you can not change!
(Lord knows, you can't change....)
Your post makes more sense than most. However, you haven't looked at the most obvious possible solution to what we all agree is the problem of forum deadness.

You say eliminate anything and everything that most posters would agree is exciting.

I say put the excitement to work for MacNN. Harness my natural tendencies so that we all can benefit.

Create a Play Room where the excitement will attract new members and the Abehaters can insult me all they want and everyone would have a good ol' time and where very little Mod supervision would be needed except for policing violations of the very worst sort.

So, kudos on an insightful, well executed and clever post. But, once again, leave it to moi to bring things into clear focus.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2012, 12:08 PM

Dork wins the thread.

Subtle. Excellent.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2012, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post

Your post makes more sense than most. However, you haven't looked at the most obvious possible solution to what we all agree is the problem of forum deadness.
You say eliminate anything and everything that most posters would agree is exciting.
I say put the excitement to work for MacNN. Harness my natural tendencies so that we all can benefit.
Create a Play Room where the excitement will attract new members and the Abehaters can insult me all they want and everyone would have a good ol' time and where very little Mod supervision would be needed except for policing violations of the very worst sort.
So, kudos on an insightful, well executed and clever post. But, once again, leave it to moi to bring things into clear focus.
But there are no mods now, I don't need a play room to call you a douche, you douche.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
But there are no mods now, I don't need a play room to call you a douche, you douche.
Well, that's your opinion, my adoring friend who lobbied effectively to have me reinstated but got his feelings hurt and now is having a pissy-fit.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Dork wins the thread.
Subtle. Excellent.
You sound like a timid little milque-toast kind of guy who would scream at the height of his premature pleasure, "Subtle. Excellent."' while his partner was still trying to get his trousers off.

This thread has heights to reach that you can only imagine.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2012, 02:19 PM

Well, that's your opinion, my adoring friend who lobbied effectively to have me reinstated but got his feelings hurt and now is having a pissy-fit.
My feelings were never hurt, and I'm not having a pissy-fit. You are welcome to do what you want, but I'm not going to help you in any way. Go ahead and lobby the mods as you wish, I don't really care.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2012, 03:08 PM

You still don't get it, "Abe". MacNN is beyond your help. Just leave us to our Huddling, in peace. Find yourself your own hot little forum to run away with....

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2012, 05:19 PM

My feelings were never hurt, and I'm not having a pissy-fit. You are welcome to do what you want, but I'm not going to help you in any way. Go ahead and lobby the mods as you wish, I don't really care.
Little boy blue, go blow your horn. The sheep's in the meadow, the cows' in the corn...

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2012, 05:30 PM

You still don't get it, "Abe". MacNN is beyond your help. Just leave us to our Huddling, in peace. Find yourself your own hot little forum to run away with....
I'll explain myself a bit for you. I'm only partially motivated by my concern for the well-being of MacNN. I'm also posting here because of people like you. For my OWN enjoyments. In this moment you are my only hot little plaything.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 1, 2012, 05:33 PM

I'm also posting here because of people like you. For my OWN enjoyments. In this moment you are my only hot little plaything.
You do realize this is the textbook definition of an internet troll, right?

I mean, troll away..I don't give a flying fu*k, but the next time someone calls you a troll, just own up to it.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2012, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post

I mean, troll away..I don't give a flying fu*k, but the next time someone calls you a troll, just own up to it.
Hmmm...why do you post here?

Ω
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2012, 09:30 PM

Just put trollboy on ignore. He's crazy enough to start a new nick and argue with himself.
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by o View Post
Just put trollboy on ignore.  He's crazy enough to start a new nick and argue with himself.
You always get people to follow your lead or are you starting your campaign to rule the world by first bossing people you can't see?

Ω
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2012, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 01:17 AM

Just put trollboy on ignore.  He's crazy enough to start a new nick and argue with himself.
Note: I wouldn't have posted this in a typical Lounge thread, but in a 'Play Room' it would be totally acceptable because both posters chose to participate.

What is your nick?

It looks like what you act like.

A clenched sphincter just beginning to open up to release a load of crap into the world.

Like a little crap baby.

So, "o" = Your birth canal. Your birth sign. Your greatest achievement. Your promise to the world.

Oh, I get it! The people you boss around are what you call your little steaming crap babies.

Or "Steamers."

I don't think sek929 wants to be thought of that way. So, maybe you should stop being such a 'bossypants.'

Ω
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2012, 01:29 AM

He is so delusional that he thinks he is right. Multiple bans for being tripping the light fantastic and drinking the kool aid and still he thinks that he is in the right. Delusional.

Put the cracker spawn on you block list. Let the crazy talk to himself.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 02:14 AM

He is so delusional that he thinks he is right. Multiple bans for being tripping the light fantastic and drinking the kool aid and still he thinks that he is in the right. Delusional.
Put the cracker spawn on you block list. Let the crazy talk to himself.
Do you think of besson3c as one of your "Steamers?"

Ω
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2012, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
delusions of grandeur - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are
- delusion - (psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary

OAW
It's fun guessing the crazy.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 03:14 AM

Note: I wouldn't have posted this in a typical Lounge thread, but in a 'Play Room' it would be totally acceptable because both posters chose to participate.

What is your nick?

It looks like what you act like.

A clenched sphincter just beginning to open up to release a load of crap into the world.
You're trying so very hard, but sadly, sadly...

His nick is an Ω. It got lost in the Huddler transition.

I trust you realize the astounding incongruity between your deluge of absolute shit and the multiple levels of significance (from the spiritual, philosophical to the technical) attached to the letter omega, and will now hastily scamper to construe some other psychopharmaceutically enhanced link and a pet theory that would have made my 9th grade English teacher raise an eyebrow in consternation. Which is okay for a 13-year-old.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
You're trying so very hard, but sadly, sadly...
His nick is an Ω. It got lost in the Huddler transition.
I trust you realize the astounding incongruity between your deluge of absolute shit and the multiple levels of significance (from the spiritual, philosophical to the technical) attached to the letter omega, and will now hastily scamper to construe some other psychopharmaceutically enhanced link and a pet theory that would have made my 9th grade English teacher raise an eyebrow in consternation. Which is okay for a 13-year-old.
Thanks for the explanation.

I then have to ask, 'if your Ω shows up and is recognized very nicely by Huddler, why was his Ω so badly mangled?'

Here's my theory.

Huddler has a truth revealing function.

And Huddler realized that I, for example, am a friend to the red-blooded Americans on these pages so it reproduces my nick in total fidelity. kimosABE = Friend.

Conversely, Huddler recognizes that he is really an a-hole. So, it changed his nick from "Ω" to an "o".

"o" = sphincter.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 2, 2012, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the explanation.
I then have to ask, 'if your Ω shows up and is recognized very nicely by Huddler, why was his Ω so badly mangled?'
Here's my theory.
Huddler has a truth revealing function.
And Huddler realized that I, for example, am a friend to the red-blooded Americans on these pages so it reproduces my nick in total fidelity. kimosABE = Friend.
Conversely, Huddler recognizes that he is really an a-hole. So, it changed his nick from "Ω" to an "o".
"o" = sphincter.
The level of smug self satisfaction from this post if off the charts. It leaves me with the impression of someone who farts while at the basement computer, and then breathes deeply, trying to savor his own creation.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2012, 08:06 AM

Hmmm...why do you post here?
I'm glad you asked.

I post here because I came to this little corner of the interweb nearly 13 years ago when I was having an issue with my old Tangerine iMac. On these forums I found some of the most knowledgable tech folks I have ever run across, and they were incredibly nice to boot. Over the years I came to "know" certain people here, but I rarely joined in on all the discussions, preferring to watch from the sidelines most of the time. MacNN was a place of humor, a place of silly photoshopped image threads and other assorted malarky. I continued to come here for interesting tech discussion. The knowledge held within even one of the more venerable mods was a invaluable resource for any number of questions. Eug helped me build my friend a proper home theater, SWG sent me a file to fixed a borked MacOS install, Kevin Bogues actually mailed me an Xbox game to borrow. I continue to come here because the people here are awesome, they're smart and they've been incredibly helpful in the past. In Dakar, Stogie, Kcros, Andi, Jawbone, and Blaze I've found friends to enjoy playing games with, my IRL friends aren't big gamers, and I feel like I actually know people I wouldn't spot in a crowd. I come here because of posts from OlePigeon, Shaddim, and other longtime members are always an interesting read. In short, I still come here because this place is filled with multi-dimensional characters whom have provided a stimulating escape of anonymity for me.

Now with the forum dying, and the wonderful mods gone (GHporter was possibly the best-spoken and most interesting of them all), you postulate that the conflict you create can help MacNN. I say, without any hyperbole, that you are the most one-dimensional character on MacNN. All I know about you is that you are a loudmouth conservative. You bring nothing to the table, nothing, past your political rhetoric. This place needs human beings with interesting shit to say, not some passive-agressive douche-bag here to rile everyone up for his own enjoyment (hence, you're a troll). Your attempts to wax poetic, to use metaphor and to plea for forgiveness are are shallow as your persona. One Shaddim post is worth your entire back catalogue, and that's just if he uses only one smiley.

Back to original question. I still come here to keep in touch with people I have formed genuine friendships with....as genuine as an anonymous friend can be. Do Jawbone and I have the same beliefs? Most likely not in any way shape or form, yet we enjoy Minecraft together without letting whatever differences we have define us. Your political rhetoric defines you, and that's really, really sad.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 11:22 AM

The level of smug self satisfaction from this post if off the charts. It leaves me with the impression of someone who farts while at the basement computer, and then breathes deeply, trying to savor his own creation.
Does "o" cruise by your joint to get a whiff of you?

His little "Steamer"?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 11:35 AM

How's your mod application coming along, Abe? Once you've turned in your application I'm sure you'll be back in the PWL in no time where you can warn us all about the dangers of the dark lord Obama!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 12:48 PM

How's your mod application coming along, Abe? Once you've turned in your application I'm sure you'll be back in the PWL in no time where you can warn us all about the dangers of the dark lord Obama!
Are you a "Steamer" or not?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 01:02 PM

Are you a "Steamer" or not?
I think the question you should be asking is if there are any bridges left to burn, and if there will be anybody interested in talking with you once you are done burning them.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 01:13 PM

I'm glad you asked.

I post here because I came to this little corner of the interweb nearly 13 years ago when I was having an issue with my old Tangerine iMac.  On these forums I found some of the most knowledgable tech folks I have ever run across, and they were incredibly nice to boot.  Over the years I came to "know" certain people here, but I rarely joined in on all the discussions, preferring to watch from the sidelines most of the time.  MacNN was a place of humor, a place of silly photoshopped image threads and other assorted malarky.  I continued to come here for interesting tech discussion.  The knowledge held within even one of the more venerable mods was a invaluable resource for any number of questions.  Eug helped me build my friend a proper home theater, SWG sent me a file to fixed a borked MacOS install, Kevin Bogues actually mailed me an Xbox game to borrow.  I continue to come here because the people here are awesome, they're smart and they've been incredibly helpful in the past.  In Dakar, Stogie, Kcros, Andi, Jawbone, and Blaze I've found friends to enjoy playing games with, my IRL friends aren't big gamers, and I feel like I actually know people I wouldn't spot in a crowd.  I come here because of posts from OlePigeon, Shaddim, and other longtime members are always an interesting read.  In short, I still come here because this place is filled with multi-dimensional characters whom have provided a stimulating escape of anonymity  for me.  

Now with the forum dying, and the wonderful mods gone (GHporter was possibly the best-spoken and most interesting of them all), you postulate that the conflict you create can help MacNN.  I say, without any hyperbole, that you are the most one-dimensional character on MacNN.  All I know about you is that you are a loudmouth conservative.  You bring nothing to the table, nothing, past your political rhetoric.  This place needs human beings with interesting shit to say, not some passive-agressive douche-bag here to rile everyone up for his own enjoyment (hence, you're a troll).  Your attempts to wax poetic, to use metaphor and to plea for forgiveness are are shallow as your persona.  One Shaddim post is worth your entire back catalogue, and that's just if he uses only one smiley.

Back to original question.  I still come here to keep in touch with people I have formed genuine friendships with....as genuine as an anonymous friend can be.  Do Jawbone and I have the same beliefs?  Most likely not in any way shape or form, yet we enjoy Minecraft together without letting whatever differences we have define us.  Your political rhetoric defines you, and that's really, really sad.
Thank you for your candid and sincere response.

I will assume your point of view for this post.

I will assume that, contrary to my allegations about "o" being the a-hole of MacNN, that in reality I (from your vantage point, anyway) am actually this board's a-hole.

I will also take at face value your testimonial to the pleasure and very real benefits derived from all of the posters mentioned here with praise.

And, as the a-hole of the place I certainly can't match up to the brainy Shaddim. I haven't the heart of a Kevin Bogues. And I'm not skilled with my hands in the way Eug seems to be, so I can't help you build anything.

But, if you look at this situation closely you might understand things from a different perspective.

You can go without stimulating thought for a while without missing it.

You can be denied the heart-felt kindness of strangers for a while with no ill effects.

And even the most diligent and skillful tradesmen give their hands a break to enjoy a well earned vacation from time to time.

But how long do you suppose you could function if your a-hole went on strike?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 01:16 PM

I think the question you should be asking is if there are any bridges left to burn, and if there will be anybody interested in talking with you once you are done burning them.
When you see a picture of some poutine does it take you a moment to realize you aren't looking at a picture of yourself?

Oh, and remember this, Terrance and Phillip saved Canada by farting.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 01:35 PM

But how long do you suppose you could function if your a-hole went on strike?
Why don't you give it a try, and we'll let you know?

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 01:37 PM

Didn't poutine jokes get replaced with Tim Hortons jokes?

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2012, 02:39 PM

which is crazier?

Abe's posts or the fact that regulars STILL respond to his inane posts?

it's like you think the more you call him one-dimensional or a troll, a light is going to go on and he's going to "get it". put him on ignore. If you still want to laugh at his posts, dig deep down and resist the urge to respond. For the love of Jehoshaphat, send him to his own personal hell where no one responds to him.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2012, 02:42 PM

Poutine has nothing on a properly constructed Garbage Plate.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by abbaZaba View Post
which is crazier?
Abe's posts or the fact that regulars STILL respond to his inane posts?
it's like you think the more you call him one-dimensional or a troll, a light is going to go on and he's going to "get it". put him on ignore. If you still want to laugh at his posts, dig deep down and resist the urge to respond. For the love of Jehoshaphat, send him to his own personal hell where no one responds to him.
Apparently you are craziest!

With a nick that's reminiscent of a Fred Flintstone cartoon, you are one to talk!

You show up regularly to throw sticks at the big, bad abe.

Then you tell others to put me on ignore when you can't even bring yourself to do it!

Instead of abbaZaba "do," when it comes to following your own advice your motto is, "abba zabba DON'T!"

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 03:27 PM

Poutine has nothing on a properly constructed Garbage Plate.
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Nick_Tahou%27s_Garbage_Plate.JPG[/img
Ya know, that doesn't look half bad.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 03:44 PM

Why don't you give it a try, and we'll let you know?
See? That just proves what I've thought all along. You have the supernatural ability to see something and not remember you saw it or recall what you saw. Otherwise, you'd realize everything I say about Obama is true and this Presidential campaign of 2012 is not the first time I've brought up these matters.

As for remembering the past, even the recent past, need I point out to you and everyone else here that y'all already did without my 'talents' for an extended time? And you've already forgotten. But, I haven't. You missed me...a lot! That's why you'd bring up my name repeatedly over that time. Oh, and one more thing I can remind you about what it was like without me.

There were more than a few threads started lamenting how dull and dead things were.

So, once again, I'm here to have a little good-natured rowdy fun.

Kinda like Don Rickles. Or Jeff Ross. Or Andrew "Dice" Clay. Or Bobby Slayton.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2012, 06:18 PM

I'm loving the all-new completely unmoderated MacNN.

Have we figured out where to move to yet so we can let this place go to shit as a relic of a different time?
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post

Have we figured out where to move to yet so we can let this place go to shit as a relic of a different time?
No, I think some people are holding out hope that things will get better with some eventual responses, and are taking a wait-and-see approach.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 07:18 PM

I'd say you are overreacting a bit. Wouldn't you?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 07:27 PM

No, I think some people are holding out hope that things will get better with some eventual responses, and are taking a wait-and-see approach.
So, rather than griping about it and resisting it why aren't y'all making suggestions about what you like and what you don't? It's hard to make these kinds of changes and having a bunch of educated adults acting like petulent children doesn't help things.

Don't you appreciate the freedom of expression? Freedom from an overbearing sernse of censorship? Or is this too different for you?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 08:21 PM

So, rather than griping about it and resisting it why aren't y'all making suggestions about what you like and what you don't? It's hard to make these kinds of changes and having a bunch of educated adults acting like petulent children doesn't help things.
Don't you appreciate the freedom of expression? Freedom from an overbearing sernse of censorship? Or is this too different for you?
I have no idea what you are talking about, so I'll just smile and nod.

Ω
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2012, 08:39 PM

Can you make this shit up? According to Ask the best meaning of kimosabe is

<h2 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 8px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">Best Answer - Chosen by Voters</h2><div class="content" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.2em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">It is a made up word meaning "horse's rear end." The Lone Ranger thought it meant "friend."</div><div class="content" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.2em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "> </div><div class="content" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.2em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006021304686</div><div class="content" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.2em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "> </div><div class="content" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.2em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">From seven years ago. Even back then he was obviously full of it,</div>

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2012, 08:50 PM

In this case, you can make this shit up, because that's a Far Side cartoon.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 09:09 PM

Can you make this shit up?  According to Ask the best meaning of kimosabe is

<h2 style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:8px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;font-size:13px;font-weight:normal;color:rgb(0,0,0);">[SIZE=14px]Best Answer[/SIZE] - Chosen by Voters</h2>

<div class="content" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:.2em;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;">It is a made up word meaning "horse's rear end." The Lone Ranger thought it meant "friend."</div>

<div class="content" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:.2em;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;"> </div>

<div class="content" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:.2em;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;">http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...=1006021304686</div>

<div class="content" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:.2em;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;"> </div>

<div class="content" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:.2em;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;">From seven years ago.  Even back then he was obviously full of it,</div>
Nicely played, Sphincter.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2012, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Thanks for the 411.

Otherwise I'd have never known because I wasn't going to click on his link.

Ω
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I knew I liked Gary Larson for a reason. Always insightful with his cartoons.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2012, 10:12 AM

Pretty sure Huddler and 'NN mgmt don't give a shit.

But as I've seen posted elsewhere - if we moved this forum to another site that didn't have anything but this community, it'd become a wasteland pretty quickly.

I think we're boned no matter what we do.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 3, 2012, 10:27 AM

Pretty sure Huddler and 'NN mgmt don't give a shit.

But as I've seen posted elsewhere - if we moved this forum to another site that didn't have anything but this community, it'd become a wasteland pretty quickly.

I think we're boned no matter what we do.
What do you think of this? http://forums.macnn.com/0/forum/493207/macnn-proposal

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2012, 06:26 AM

What do you think of this? http://forums.macnn.com/0/forum/493207/macnn-proposal
I don't know yet.

Running a website with an actual user base is hard work. I'd hate to see us try just to fail because nobody has enough time to dedicate to it.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2012, 06:40 AM

I don't know yet.

Running a website with an actual user base is hard work. I'd hate to see us try just to fail because nobody has enough time to dedicate to it.
I hear you. Maybe we should start more modestly and just focus on building a new forum that would be a sort of good ol' boys and girls club for all of us MacNN vets without the bad taste that many of us are feeling now with the politics of this place? I don't know if this will be worth the effort either, but if we set the bar this low it won't "fail" either.

Forum Links
Forum Rules