Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Little Help with Javascript

Little Help with Javascript
surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2006, 04:27 PM

Here's a silly little problem: I'm using an "out of the box" javscript-driven menu from dreamweaver. You can see it Here. I've customized it to reflect my needs. There are a few buttons (links) that give you sublinks when you hover over them. Only one of the buttons actually has sublinks (the second one from the left)- the rest just glow when you hover over them. The button that has sublinks is title "About Dr. Browdy". If you hover over it, and then go up or down, the sublinks appear and dissappear appropriately. However, if you hover over it and then move left or right over the links next to it, the sublinks from the "About Dr. Browdy" are still showing- when they should not. It's a little bugaboo, but I'd like to fix it. Anyone mind peaking at my code and letting me know if there's some simple little change I need to make to fix it?

By the way, this site is completely under construction. So, none of the links actually go anywhere logical. The only reason it's actually on the internet is because I'm not really smart enough with web development to figure out how to truly test it without it being on the web. I don't mind it, though.

Thanks so much.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Feb 12, 2006, 10:58 AM

I can't replicate the problem, what browser are you using?
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

surferboy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2006, 11:05 AM

Thanks for taking a look. You can't replicate it because I fixed it. Someone recommended that I just start from scratch, taking the original source and making one or two changes at a time- easier to troubleshoot that way. When I did that, I corrected the problem. Thanks for taking the time to look!

surferboy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2006, 11:17 AM

Here's a curiosity- I notice that on ocassion, when I use Win IE, at the bottome left, I get an error message (done, but with errors on page). When I look at the error- it has to do with 'menuitem1' is undefined.

Can anyone peak at this and let me know if I should be concerned?

Thanks.

genevish
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2006, 02:42 PM

I'm using Win IE 6 and not seeing the error you mention. Everything seems to work fine.

-Scott
Scott Genevish
scott AT genevish DOT org

Forum Links
Forum Rules