Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Cover-up worse than the crime?

Cover-up worse than the crime? (Page 10)
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 06:21 PM

Maybe the hard copies were just soft copies that were hardened by the Free Masons or Aztecs or something, and tampered in Photoshop?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Don't you live in a rather conservative area?
No, I live in a liberal area. We have Democrats in most elected positions, unlike other towns around here.

Oh give me a break. Ignoring that the short form certificate was an official document from Hawaii requires a blind spot.
My DMV won't even accept the short form. If it's causing all this sh*t, what's the big deal with just submitting the long form instead of waiting all this time?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2011, 06:24 PM

If you don't want to believe the President was born in the US, you will not believe the President was born in the US. Short form, long form, printed in the local paper, in your hands, on a platter, signed by Ghandi, wrapped in gold linen pulled from honest Abe's robe in heaven... it just doesn't matter and it never has to end. Ever.
ebuddy

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 06:33 PM

I do hope that Abe is in heaven... We haven't heard from him in a long time, he could be there.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
If you don't want to believe the President was born in the US, you will not believe the President was born in the US. Short form, long form, printed in the local paper, in your hands, on a platter, signed by Ghandi, wrapped in gold linen pulled from honest Abe's robe in heaven... it just doesn't matter and it never has to end. Ever.
Amen to that my brother.

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
My DMV won't even accept the short form. If it's causing all this sh*t, what's the big deal with just submitting the long form instead of waiting all this time?
1. Do you live in the State of Hawaii? If not, then it doesn't freaking matter what your state DMV will or won't accept.

2. Have you not seen it written REPEATEDLY that the State of Hawaii doesn't issue the "long form" when birth certificates are requested? You can't go to the Department of Health and just request that version because it's against the law! President Obama had to request a special waiver to get a certified copy of the "long form" ... and they STILL didn't release the actual original document. Perhaps that is why it's a "big deal"?

Oh jeez ..... the abject stupidity in this thread knows no bounds. Then again, it is most amusing to see people continue to demonstrate themselves to be loons over this "issue".

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Apr 27, 2011 at 06:47 PM. )

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
1. Do you live in the State of Hawaii? If not, then it doesn't freaking matter what your state DMV will or won't accept.
Getting pissed at me doesn't fix anything, I'm just pointing out that Obama is an idiot for not nipping this in the bud earlier.
2. Have you not seen it written REPEATEDLY that the State of Hawaii doesn't issue the "long form" when birth certificates are requested? You can't go to the Department of Health and just request that version because it's against the law! President Obama had to request a special waiver to get a certified copy of the "long form" ... and they STILL didn't release the actual original document. Perhaps that is why it's a "big deal"?
That executive order doesn't apply to the birth subject.
Oh jeez ..... the abject stupidity in this thread knows no bounds. Then again, it is most amusing to see people continue to demonstrate themselves to be loons over this "issue".
Nice tactic, I use it myself sometimes.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Dork.
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I do hope that Abe is in heaven... We haven't heard from him in a long time, he could be there.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
This.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
You obviously haven't been paying attention. I stated what I believed, and why I had my doubts based on the facts. I also explained what I felt was reasonable to allay those doubts and said when and if such a simple effort was made, I'd be satisfied. I already stated my satisfaction in regards to his citizenship at this point.

The thing is, it would seem it would have been easy to have done years ago. For some reason, Obama didn't want to do what would have been easy and save a lot of time and questions. I'm guessing he had to have a reason for stonewalling this long, and it had nothing to do with honesty and transparency.
Except, youre clearly not satisfied and are doing exactly as predicted in the event that Obama released the desired document. You're showing that this was nothing more than a fishing trip ... one that failed to yield any fish but you still insist on believing that there are fish down there, despite the only evidence being a lack of bites.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 08:45 PM

Getting pissed at me doesn't fix anything, I'm just pointing out that Obama is an idiot for not nipping this in the bud earlier.
Oh do trust and believe I'm far from pissed. Au contraire mon frere! I find the entire affair straight up hilarious. And he's far from an idiot for not nipping this in the bud earlier. The point that has been made for YEARS now is that there is no nipping this in the bud for these loons. NOTHING will satisfy these people ... because it's not about the birth certificate. It never has been ... and it never will be. As I said earlier, it was politically masterful to give these wingnuts 4 years worth of rope to hang themselves with. With recent polls showing 2/3 of GOP voters buying into this BS to one degree or another ... it just makes the GOP look like a party that has been hijacked by Teabagger nutjobs to the independent swing voters that decide elections. The only thing that would have made it even better politically was to wait to do this until 6 months before the 2012 election. But I can totally understand why the Obama Administration decided drop this bomb now. They want to get more mileage from the House Republicans being stupid enough to vote to turn Medicare into a voucher program and the issue of the debt ceiling is still outstanding. And that couldn't happen as long as this "birther" foolishness was dominating the national news cycle.

That executive order doesn't apply to the birth subject.
No one said anything about an "executive order". You're going to have to try again.

Nice tactic, I use it myself sometimes.
Indeed.

OAW

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 27, 2011, 08:53 PM

The thing is, it would seem it would have been easy to have done years ago. For some reason, Obama didn't want to do what would have been easy and save a lot of time and questions. I'm guessing he had to have a reason for stonewalling this long, and it had nothing to do with honesty and transparency
why should this particular president have to cough up a personal document NO other president or candidate has had to submit? And provide that document to the public as opposed to the authorities who are responsible for verifying candidate qualifications? The answer is that for the first time in history, enough "no nothings" and mud slingers have made a stink about this non-issue for so long that it obscured real issues and got in the way of getting done the business of the country.

I feel sorry for the president. He finally had to cave in to the idiots and publish his "long form" birth certificate to get the idiots out of the center stage position they've usurped. If only all the other fringe non-issues were as easy to quash, maybe this one wouldn't have been as problematic. Now, I'm waiting for a number of very loud individuals to follow suit and publish THEIR long form birth certificates. Oh wait... They're not going to because they were really all talk to begin with...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 09:22 PM

You know it's one thing to be ignorant. It's quite another to be willfully obtuse. The point has been made ... repeatedly ... that the certification of live birth is prima facie evidence of Hawaiian citizenship.
Thanks for reiterating that you never bothered to read this entire thread, or the arguments contained within it, and simply want to keep regurgitating the same tired, rebutted argument.

Congrats. The irony of you preaching about ignorance is pretty deep here.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 09:23 PM

and simply want to keep regurgitating the same tired, rebutted argument.
Have you no shame or decency?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
You really don't get it, do you? If I were Obama I would have done the same thing. Wait around and watch all you idiots make complete fools of yourselves. I think it was a classic move.
Yeah, he should do that more. His budget - not release it for years, then make people look dumb when he has one!?!? His successful plan for turning the economy around...maybe that's what he's doing with that as well ?!?!?

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
No, it doesn't. It's been tampered with. Whatever dumbass did this lousy photoshop, Obama is in more trouble than ever.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185094

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185101

-t
Hawaii doesn't release the original hospital created certificates. Only copies of the originals as opposed to the totally digital "certificate of live birth" he'd offered previously. I'm guessing they have them scanned in and them print them onto safety paper so they can't be forged. That would explain why there are various artifacts.

I'm pretty much doubting that if Hawaii has certified this as genuine, that anyone is going to find any "smoking gun" to revive this beyond loonies and true conspiracy theorist wackos.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Have you no shame or decency?
Your mother dresses you funny.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
why should this particular president have to cough up a personal document NO other president or candidate has had to submit?
I'm pretty sure when challenged, that John McCain did.

What other Presidents had a parent or parents who were not US citizens?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 10:28 PM

Thanks for reiterating that you never bothered to read this entire thread, or the arguments contained within it, and simply want to keep regurgitating the same tired, rebutted argument.

Congrats. The irony of you preaching about ignorance is pretty deep here.
Dude. You have demonstrated beyond all doubt that you are simply not on my level. I've chimed in throughout this thread and followed all your BS "arguments". Your little made up "married siblings" theory et al. And the fundamental point that simply fails to register with you is the difference between remote POSSIBILITY and PROBABILITY. You and all your little idiot "birther" cohorts are a f*cking joke. When faced with the very thing you've been clamoring for you do EXACTLY what we predicted you would do from jump street. Move the goalposts! And then instead of admitting you were full of sh*t like a man you PERSIST in your stupidity.

So go ahead. Say some more stupid sh*t so I can wipe the floor with your disingenuous, intellectually inadequate ass again. Please. Give me the excuse.

OAW

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2011, 11:14 PM

I really not a big fan of the Aztecs or Free Masons, in case you hadn't noticed.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 28, 2011, 12:33 AM

I'm pretty sure when challenged, that John McCain did.

What other Presidents had a parent or parents who were not US citizens?
McCain had to provide details, not a "long form" certificate. There is a significant complication with getting various documents from military functions that technically no long exist; my son was born in a hospital that was on an air base that is now an international airport (Austin-Bergstrom International Airport), so getting w replacement for his original, long form certificate would be a challenge. As is getting a transcript from a college I attended while stationed in Panama, as it was run by DoD.

But McCain provided an official copy of a military birth certificate, which states that his Navy officer father and his U.S. Citizen mother were at Coco Solo on official orders (we dud have this discussion before-McCain is covered by a part of the statute specific to military and other government personnel out of the country on official business), not a long form certificate.

The first several presidents had parents who were not U.S. Citizens, but that was never the "birthers'" point. They demanded a different certificate because they apparently believed that no "real" certificate existed. Their theory was that Obama was not born in the U.S. at all, not that one of his parents was not a citizen. The release today of what these individuals have been demanding for years proves categorically that they were wrong or dishonest. I now officially demand to see The Donald's formal, signed birth certificate; he's taking credit in the media for "forcing" the president to release the document, so I think he should put some actual value behind his words and publish his own birth certificate. It's only fair.

screener
Senior User
Apr 28, 2011, 01:03 AM

For a lot of birthers, this is what's all about.
A black president, the e-mail from A California Republican official, Marilyn Davenport,

"Now you know why no birth certificate."

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Except, youre clearly not satisfied and are doing exactly as predicted in the event that Obama released the desired document.
I am satisfied that Obama is a U.S. citizen as it applies to the Constitution, meaning he was and is an eligible candidate for office. I said that once he produced the document in question, reasonable doubt would be erased and it had been. I have not stated otherwise since this document has been produced.

You are really trying too hard here. It doesn't help your personal credibility.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 06:40 AM

Dude. You have demonstrated beyond all doubt that you are simply not on my level.
I've already stated that as a fact.

I've chimed in throughout this thread and followed all your BS "arguments".
...and apparently mindlessly ignored them.

Your little made up "married siblings" theory et al. And the fundamental point that simply fails to register with you is the difference between remote POSSIBILITY and PROBABILITY.
I said it was probable that Obama is hiding something. That probability still exists. He wouldn't be spending all this time hiding his long form, his college records - ANYTHING that he can control that would give a clearer picture about his true background, if there wasn't something he didn't want people to know. That's pretty much a no-brainer there.

I stated at the outset that it might not be that he wasn't born in the US. I stated that it was possible that he wasn't, and given the laws at the time of his birth, it was possible for him to have a "short form" and not be born here. Given that his grandmother did make that claim, it would seem reasonable for him to do what he could to clarify the situation. He didn't. This has nothing to do with me. I never coached him to abandon transparency.

You and all your little idiot "birther" cohorts are a f*cking joke. When faced with the very thing you've been clamoring for you do EXACTLY what we predicted you would do from jump street. Move the goalposts! And then instead of admitting you were full of sh*t like a man you PERSIST in your stupidity.
You continue to illustrate your complete lack of reading comprehension and inability to see anything other than what you want. I made it clear that the "goalposts" had not been moved in regards to his eligibility as President - that I was satisfied that he was a U.S. citizen as I promised I would be. I'd even pointed out the folly in trying to look for artifacts caused by digital or analog photocopying in the document. Really, some of you guys are really going to have to try harder if you want to be taken seriously.

So go ahead. Say some more stupid sh*t so I can wipe the floor with your disingenuous, intellectually inadequate ass again. Please. Give me the excuse.

OAW
You've never needed an excuse to embarrass yourself before. I do think I need to help you any in that regard.
( Last edited by stupendousman; Apr 28, 2011 at 07:12 AM. )

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
McCain had to provide details, not a "long form" certificate.
JohnMcCain: Birth Certificate (long and short form), Colon, Panama, 1936

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2011, 06:51 AM

Hawaii doesn't release the original hospital created certificates. Only copies of the originals as opposed to the totally digital "certificate of live birth" he'd offered previously. I'm guessing they have them scanned in and them print them onto safety paper so they can't be forged. That would explain why there are various artifacts.
Except, this is NOT what Obama said that he has released.

It was talked to be a copy or photography of the original.
Now we have a document, that seems to be a photoshop assembled scan, incl. some weird artifacts on some select letters.

Go figure, but this is not helping to restore confidence.

-t

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Except, this is NOT what Obama said that he has released.

It was talked to be a copy or photography of the original.
Now we have a document, that seems to be a photoshop assembled scan, incl. some weird artifacts on some select letters.

Go figure, but this is not helping to restore confidence.

-t
It is a photocopy of the original. When you make copies, all kinds of weird artifacting can occur. If Hawaii has verified this, no one's likely going to find any "smoking gun" to show this to be a forgery. Obama has complied with the request for transparency on this issue to clarify any questions about this topic. Absent a "smoking gun," he's no longer responsible for any speculation or further controversy on this matter, in my opinion.

Atheist
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2011, 06:59 AM

Yeah, he should do that more. His budget - not release it for years, then make people look dumb when he has one!?!? His successful plan for turning the economy around...maybe that's what he's doing with that as well ?!?!?

Huh? That doesn't even make sense? Dude, you really need to work on your logic. You're arguments are on par with a 5 year old.

stupendousman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
Huh? That doesn't even make sense? Dude, you really need to work on your logic. You're arguments are on par with a 5 year old.
My point was the original claim didn't really make all that much sense either.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2011, 09:45 AM

No one said anything about an "executive order". You're going to have to try again.
It's based on an executive memo, the legality of whether others can get your long form birth certificate from Hawaii is questionable and hasn't been challenged in court. But, like I said, it doesn't apply to the birth subject anyway.

So, we're back to, "why the long wait, Barry?" It looks suspicious and does nothing to quell some people's doubts. Sure, there are always going to be those who don't want him to be legal, but there are also others, like myself, who think the situation still doesn't look kosher, regardless of political affiliation. FWIW, I'm a fiscally conservative Democrat, but I'm way off the Left side of the scale on most social issues.
- Thomas Paine

andi*pandi
Apr 28, 2011, 10:14 AM

That's photoshopped. I can tell from the pixels.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 28, 2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
That's photoshopped. I can tell from the pixels.
And from seeing some 'shops in your time.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 28, 2011, 10:25 AM

No, I live in a liberal area. We have Democrats in most elected positions, unlike other towns around here.
Yeah, I said Conservative and not Republican for a reason. I mean, Mitt Romney was governor of Massachusetts, but no one would claim that's a conservative state because a Republican is governor.

As you see in the thread, because its utterly futile.

I'm a fiscally conservative Democrat, but I'm way off the Left side of the scale on most social issues.
Feel free not to answer this, since it's mostly in regard to my own ignorance, but in my understanding of American politics, isn't what you described yourself as essentially a Libertarian?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Yeah, I said Conservative and not Republican for a reason. I mean, Mitt Romney was governor of Massachusetts, but no one would claim that's a conservative state because a Republican is governor.
Depends on the label, I guess. This area is quite liberal, in comparison to the rest of the state. Lots of academics and hippies `round these parts. Our police chief wears a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and sandals every Friday.
As you see in the thread, because its utterly futile.
Maybe it wouldn't have been if he'd nipped it early, instead of letting it fester in the minds of conspiracy theorists for the last couple years.
Feel free not to answer this, since it's mostly in regard to my own ignorance, but in my understanding of American politics, isn't what you described yourself as essentially a Libertarian?
If they could actually field decent candidates. I did vote for Harry Browne a while back, if that counts for anything. Around here, most Dems are like National Repubs fiscally, we're just a lot more relaxed about what people do in private. Think Heath Shuler, but with more spine.
- Thomas Paine

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 28, 2011, 11:01 AM

Depends on the label, I guess. This area is quite liberal, in comparison to the rest of the state.
Oh, I wholly believe that. Just wonder how it really compares on a broader scale.

Lots of academics and hippies `round these parts. Our police chief wears a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and sandals every Friday.
Not to make fun, but I didn't know Hawaiian shirts and sandals were considered the domain of liberals.

Maybe it wouldn't have been if he'd nipped it early, instead of letting it fester in the minds of conspiracy theorists for the last couple years.
Sorry, but IMO, haters gonna hate.

If they could actually field decent candidates. I did vote for Harry Browne a while back, if that counts for anything. Around here, most Dems are like National Repubs fiscally, we're just a lot more relaxed about what people do in private. Think Heath Shuler, but with more spine.
Thanks.

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2011, 11:06 AM

IMO, that's just the thing. Up until recently, it was just a (relatively) small number of conspiracy kooks who were actually talking about this. It's not worth responding to that. There's no point. As has been shown, those kooks will never be satisfied anyway. For the mainstream, Obama had alreay provided the documentation that was necessary - there was no further burden of proof.

Then Trump and his ilk amped up the volume on it and it started taking a more prominent position in the national rhetoric. I don't think it was worth addressing until it was obviously more 'mainstream'. Now it's been addressed for the budding mainstream, and the kooks can go on believing whatever they want to believe about it. Not to mention, the State of Hawaii records office can go back to regular staffing what with (hopefully) not having to field requests from all the kooks.

So Trump can take 'credit' for getting this out there if he wants, but what's been proven really? All I really see that's been accomplished is to show that the State of Hawaii will make an exception to its protocols for the POTUS. Yay!

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 12:11 PM

Obama was not the first person to have his eligibility questioned.
Presidential candidates whose eligibility was questioned
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2011, 01:42 PM

CreepDogg
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2011, 01:59 PM

I also like Stephen Colbert's take on what we've accomplished through this:

Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
Folks, I think we'll all remember where we were when we learned the President of the United States is the President of the United States.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2011, 02:10 PM

Anybody know for sure? Obama offers a "Long form Birth cert" . Is it real? The MSM won't check. His supporters and lackeys won't check. If it's a fake, who would know? How does this help Obamas credibility? Perhaps he offered it up and the mainstream media falls for it, but the doubters and desktop publishers see things they think are wrong. Who can be sure? All this does is make the arguments about the documents validity into more technical ones.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 28, 2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Anybody know for sure? Obama offers a "Long form Birth cert" . Is it real? The MSM won't check. His supporters and lackeys won't check. If it's a fake, who would know? How does this help Obamas credibility? Perhaps he offered it up and the mainstream media falls for it, but the doubters and desktop publishers see things they think are wrong. Who can be sure? All this does is make the arguments about the documents validity into more technical ones.
Someone posted a great line on another forum that they could video tape Obama's conception and birth and people would still claim it was all filmed on a sound stage somewhere in Africa.
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Apr 28, 2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Adding more genius.)

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 03:20 PM

I dont see the point in trying to figure out if he is legit or not any more. To much time has passed. If it was proven he was not it will be long after he is finished at the White House.
( Last edited by Athens; Apr 28, 2011 at 03:33 PM. )
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 28, 2011, 03:22 PM

There should read they.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 28, 2011, 04:03 PM

I reiterate, he had to produce details. The "long form" certificate has never been required of a candidate. McCain was mightily offended when some loud-mouth said he wasn't born in the U.S., and as much because he was proud of his father's service as anything else, he did produce additional documents.

I should also note that the Panama Canal Zone was U.S. Territory through 1976 or 77; bought and paid for, with jurisdiction and governmental rights explicitly enumerated in the original treaty. Someone born in the Canal Zone (with certain limits) was a U.S. Citizen as much as if they has been born in Miami. Ignoring that (the still seems to be some problem with people dealing with that), McCain's father's posting to Coco Solo was no different from any GI being stationed anywhere else in terms of the citizenship if his/her children.

andi*pandi
Apr 28, 2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Perhaps he offered it up and the mainstream media falls for it, but the doubters and desktop publishers see things they think are wrong. Who can be sure? All this does is make the arguments about the documents validity into more technical ones.
Seriously, I opened it up in photoshop, and there were no cut lines around certain words as that website said. Yes, some of the letters are faint compared to others. Do we remember the typewriter? Some of the letters were always faint. The ribbon wore out differently.

Frankly, at this point someone could prove Obama was born on Mars and I wouldn't care, just get on with our lives.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 04:30 PM

McCain's eligibility is still in question
Presidential candidates whose eligibility was questioned
Similarly, legal scholar Lawrence Solum concluded in an article on the natural born citizen clause that the question of McCain's eligibility could not be answered with certainty, and that it would depend on the particular approach of "constitutional construction".[66] The urban legend fact checking website Snopes.com has examined the matter and cites numerous experts. It considers the matter "undetermined".[67]
snopes.com: Is John McCain a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?
45/47

Dork.
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Frankly, at this point someone could prove Obama was born on Mars and I wouldn't care, just get on with our lives.
He wasn't born in Hawaii, or Kenya, or Mars. He wasn't born at all: he hatched from a giant space-egg.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 07:27 PM

I've already stated that as a fact.
Well I'm glad we agree on one thing. I know what the hell I'm talking about and you are full of sh*t.

...and apparently mindlessly ignored them.
Actually I, and plenty of other people around here, have debunked your so-called "arguments". But I'll do it "one mo' gin" to unequivocally demonstrate just how deep your "stuck on stupidness" goes.

1. In your OP you cite Jerome Corsi and WND.com to try to claim that President Obama's "long form, hospital generated birth certificate" didn't exist. Because despite the fact that the "Certification of Live Birth" is an "official birth certificate" for the State of Hawaii ... that wasn't good enough for you knuckleheads. I dispensed with that foolishness here. Including exposing Mr. Corsi's misleading headlines when compared to the actual text of his article and Gov. Abercrombie's statements.

2. Oh but no! You persist in your asshattery despite this post where I cited the following from Politifact.com:

On Oct. 31, 2008, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii Department of Health, issued this statement: "There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

"Therefore I, as director of health for the state of Hawaii, along with the registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

"No state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the state of Hawaii."

Even the governor of Hawaii, Linda Lingle, a Republican who at the time was stumping for John McCain, said it was on the up-and-up.
So the following Hawaii State officials vouched for the EXISTENCE and AUTHENTICITY of President Obama's original "long-form, hospital generated birth certificate".

- The Director of the Hawaii Department of Health
- The Registrar of Vital Statistics
- The GOP Governor of Hawaii at the time

Oh yeah. This I posted in response to you hanging your hat on a "birther central" WND.com quote from a former clerk in the City and County of Honolulu Elections Division ... not even the Hawaii Department of Health. A person that only managed to keep his job for 5 freaking months!

Oh and need I mention that what the Director, Registrar, former GOP Governor, and current Dem Governor had to say about the existence and authenticity of President Obama's original "long-form, hospital generated" birth certificate has been corroborated by its release the other day? And who the do you and the rest of you sorry ass "birthers" think you are to question and impugn the integrity of these individuals in the first place with your constant claims and innuendo that it didn't exist?

3. Oh but wait it gets worse! You then spend the rest of the thread on this BS "married siblings" theory. What was that crap you said again?

Originally Posted by Stupendousman
However, the question remains if simply getting a "certificate of live birth" from the State of Hawaii because there was a security loophole that allowed you to be able to get one even though you aren't actually legally eligible for citizenship, allows one to be an actual, legal citizen of the United States. If I don't tell the truth on a document, am I legally entitled to all the rights to the document once it's found out that I really wasn't eligible for it? Was it actually legal for the State of Hawaii to state that someone who was born of only one parent who was a citizen of the United States to be able to claim US Citizenship when they were born outside of Hawaii, just because Hawaii's COLB vetting process was lax?
So ok. The point that I and several other people have made repeatedly to you about the fact that there is a big difference between remote possibility and probability apparently doesn't register with you. As I've said before ... common sense isn't always that common. So perhaps this might manage to penetrate that thick skull of yours:

A. Let's see the statute itself:

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.
(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.
(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]
Now of course, you "birthers" harp on section A and conveniently overlook section B where it explicitly says that PROOF is needed for the "completion of a birth certificate". Now bear in mind that when a birth certificate is "completed" that is in reference to the information that is put on it. So where is this "security loophole" when the birth certificate can't be "completed" with any information that there is no PROOF for?

B. Oh and did I mention that this statute wasn't even enacted until 20 years after President Obama was born? And on top of that there's still this little thing called PROOF that's required:

Despite the existence of Obama's Hawaii certification of live birth, Lt. Col Terry Lakin's attorney, among others (such as gullible ass individuals like Stupendousman), have claimed that anyone, including foreign-born children, could acquire a Hawaiian certification of live birth, and so Obama's possession of such a certificate does not prove that he was born in Hawaii. However, the suggestion that this could have applied to Obama was rejected by Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health: "If you were born in Bali (or Kenya), for example, you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali (or Kenya). You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate". Another fact that refutes this specific claim is that the law allowing foreign-born children to obtain Hawaiian birth certificates did not exist until 20 years after Obama was born, while Obama’s published birth certificate says his birth information was recorded four days after his birth in 1961, and explicitly states that he was born in Honolulu.
Is it finally starting to sink in yet? No? Ok you are a little slow so let's continue ....

I said it was probable that Obama is hiding something. That probability still exists. He wouldn't be spending all this time hiding his long form, his college records - ANYTHING that he can control that would give a clearer picture about his true background, if there wasn't something he didn't want people to know. That's pretty much a no-brainer there.
Only in the mind of the willfully obtuse can President Obama "hide" something that he's not in possession of. Must it be repeated to you over and over again that it is against Hawaiian State Law to release the original "long-form, hospital generated" birth certificate? They don't release it. To anybody. Ever. The President had to request a special waiver to get a freaking certified copy! And you and all you "birther" wingnuts that are now demanding to see the original can go suck ass! As was predicted from jump street ... NOTHING will satisfy you fools. Even if they did allow a so-called "expert" to examine the original ... as soon as it checked out all you knuckleheads stuck on this racist BS would just swear on a stack of bibles that he was adopted! Then you'd be demanding to dig up his dead mother's corpse so a DNA test can be done to prove that President Obama was actually her biological child!! Because he could be "hiding something". And now all of a sudden he's "hiding" his college records? Because Donald Trump "heard" somebody say he wasn't a good student? Now a black man that was Editor of the Harvard Law Review isn't really intelligent enough to attend an Ivy League school. Oh Jeez Louise! And you fools wonder why the overwhelming majority of African-Americans don't vote GOP. This crap right here is a case in point.

I stated at the outset that it might not be that he wasn't born in the US. I stated that it was possible that he wasn't, and given the laws at the time of his birth, it was possible for him to have a "short form" and not be born here. Given that his grandmother did make that claim, it would seem reasonable for him to do what he could to clarify the situation. He didn't. This has nothing to do with me. I never coached him to abandon transparency.

You continue to illustrate your complete lack of reading comprehension and inability to see anything other than what you want. I made it clear that the "goalposts" had not been moved in regards to his eligibility as President - that I was satisfied that he was a U.S. citizen as I promised I would be. I'd even pointed out the folly in trying to look for artifacts caused by digital or analog photocopying in the document. Really, some of you guys are really going to have to try harder if you want to be taken seriously.
Seriously dude. You've been going hard in the paint on this BS throughout a 10 page thread that you started. Don't sit up here now and try to pretend that you are "birther lite" or something. Furthermore, it was NOT possible for him to have a "short form" and not be born here given the information it contained! Because the "short form" said he was born in Honolulu ... not Kenya ... and to get that the person applying for the birth certificate would have had to show PROOF that he was actually born in Honolulu.

Did the "short form" say he was born in Kenya ... or in Honolulu?

Did the "short form" say he was born in April ... or in August?

Did the "short form" say his mother was Caucasian ... or Chinese?

Did the "short form" say his father was named Barack Hussein Obama ... or George F*cking Washington?

I told you dude. I told you that if you said some more stupid sh*t I would wipe the floor with your disingenuous, intellectually inadequate ass again. Which, of course, I just did. But I think I may take part of that back. Perhaps ... just perhaps that "disingenuous" part doesn't apply. Maybe you do actually believe your own BS. Because simple, basic, grade school level, brain dead obvious concepts are apparently just too much for your mind to handle when the topic involves a black man that's the President of the United States.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Apr 28, 2011 at 07:41 PM. )

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2011, 07:36 PM

Okay, that post was too rude, even for the PL. Take some time and chill out, maybe get some ice cream and watch Firefly, or something.
- Thomas Paine

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2011, 07:50 PM

I dont see anything wrong with the post. Its a stupid topic, of all the things to be dealing with, budget, health care, defense, economy no a Birth Certificate lol, its very comical. The man is a American and yet people still try to say he isn't.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Forum Links
Forum Rules