Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.3.6 out!

10.3.6 out! (Page 3)
chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2004, 10:16 AM

The "optimizing" is basically prebinding, right? Can any of you with the KP no login problem boot into single-user mode and run update_prebinding there?

Just curious.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2004, 11:07 AM

The only thing I've noticed that isn't so hot is that when minimizing a window, the scaling of the window down to the dock is really choppy now. On a dual 1.25 Ghz G4 MDD tower. Anyone else having this problem?

wings_rfs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2004, 11:18 AM

If you have the Safari 1.3 Dev Preview installed, you need to revert back to version 1.2 before you update to MacOS 10.3.6. You can get the old 1.2 version at Apple's website, http://www.apple.com/safari/ and perhaps by now they have the newest 1.2.4 version there -- anyway, install whatever version you find there BEFORE you install the 10.3.6 update.

If you have already installed 10.3.6 and did not remove the 1.3 Safari first like I did (I guess this means you are viewing this page using I.E.), then do this to get Safari running again:
1. Download the Safari 1.2 installer from Apple's web page and install it.
2. Download the MacOS 10.3.6 combo installer (from http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...te_10_3_6.html) and install it -- that will update the 1.2 version to the current 1.2.4, along with re-installing the 10.3.6 system update. It's a biggie, about 90megs.

As far as I know, there is no Safari 1.3 beta available yet for 10.3.6 system. That's unfortunate, because 1.3 is 7 times faster in rendering java pages. If you go here: http://www.24fun.com/downloadcenter/...s/benchjs.html you will find a nice java speed tester to test the speed of your browser in handling java. Safari 1.2 and 1.2.4 are dogs when it comes to java. My speed tests resulted in a total render time of 74 seconds using 1.2 and 73 seconds when using 1.2.4 (ranking of 450 out of 500 recent testers), but using Safari 1.3 it was a respectable 10.4 seconds (ranking 88 out of 500). My system is a dual 1.4GHz G4 (FW800).

It's really disappointing that Apple could not incorporate the speed improvements in version 1.3 into the recent 1.2.4 update. 1.3 has been floating around for a couple of months now, so they should have had time to do it. And now that 1.3 is broken I guess we wait for another beta to come along that will play with the 10.3.6 update. Oh well.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2004, 11:19 AM

People reporting problems with FW drives on Apple's site:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]

Haven't we been here before?

Also, how does one determine the chipset and firware of one's FW drives?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

BurpetheadX
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2004, 11:28 AM

For you guys having install problems, I can not stress the correct upgrade method enough:

Reboot before install.
Repair permissions before install.
Always use the COMBO updater, even if on 10.3.5.

If your system was hosed, you can fix it by putting the machine into disk mode, and applying the 10.3.6 combo updater from another mac over firewire.
www.marcushesse.com

UNC-Charlotte Apple Campus Rep.

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2004, 11:47 AM

I too experienced a kernel panic during the install while browsing in safari. It was my first KP on this machine since the 10.0.x days. So far everything seems alright after reboot though.

This was on a brand new install of the OS with no mods or developer previews.
DP450
Radeon 8500 (vga and svideo out in use)
DVR-106D
3 internal HD
iSight
iPod

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2004, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by BurpetheadX:
For you guys having install problems, I can not stress the correct upgrade method enough:

Reboot before install.

If your system was hosed, you can fix it by putting the machine into disk mode, and applying the 10.3.6 combo updater from another mac over firewire.
I can't wait to get home and do that... I have a bunch of bugs that I expect will go away by doing that, plus I may just go ahead and do an archive and install with 10.3.5) CD, then do all what you said.. further insurance.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

NeutronMonk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2004, 12:06 PM

Concerning the problems with FW800 drives and the Oxford 922 chipset, read this article on Macfixit. I have a WiebeTech FW800 and found the new firmware on their website, under Tech Support. It should be mentioned that I personally haven't had any problems with this drive under Panther, however.

Use System Profiler to determine your drive's Firmware and Software version.

I also cannot stress enough that proper upgrading rituals must be observed.
1. Close all running apps. It seems that all the kernel panics have occurred while users have been surfing while updating!
2. Disconnect all peripherals, including fire wire drives.
3. Run all the cron jobs.
4. Repair permissions.
5. Re-boot, install update.
6. Re-boot, repair permissions again.

Using these procedures, I've never had an issue updating.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2004, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by HorseyBoy:
Same here. Why might that happen? I used Pacifist to check the version of Image Capture included in the 10.3.6 Combo Update and it's at 2.1.4. Couldn't find a version of DVD Player in there at all.
Anyone have any ideas?
So is Image Capture supposed to be at v2.1.4 then?

Briareus
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2004, 01:18 PM

My Image Capture is at v2.1.0 after the 10.3.6 update. DVD Player is at 4.0 and Calculator is at 3.1.

Hope this is right. At any rate, everything's working fine.

hyperb0le
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2004, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Ryan1524:
my dad's ibook came today loaded with 10.3.6. but my firewire HDD won't mount to it. anybody got this problem? i'm scared to install it on my PB cause of this.
That happened to me as well (with my iPod). 2 or 3 reboots solved it for me.

solbo
Nov 6, 2004, 01:27 PM

I recently started playing Diablo II again on my new iMac G5. It played great until 10.3.6.

Now in full screen mode it stutters and plays extremely slow, if I switch to window mode it is fine. Back to full screen it stutters and is choppy again. Very annoying.

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2004, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by BurpetheadX:

Reboot before install.

BurpetheadX is correct. I always do this and I never have problems.

bd
1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2004, 01:34 PM

So do you still need to use that Safari speed up thing that takes away the delay when you first access a page?
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 6, 2004, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by CatOne:
Can someone do run:

sw_vers

from a terminal window, and let me know the results?

ProductName: Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.3.6
BuildVersion: 7R28

aehaas
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2004, 04:01 PM

I tried to run fix permissions using the disk utility but it does not run. Anyone else seeing this?

aehaas

cmoney
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2004, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
People reporting problems with FW drives on Apple's site:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]

Haven't we been here before?

Also, how does one determine the chipset and firware of one's FW drives?
wow, i was about to run the update until I read that thread. post after post of failed FW hard drives!

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2004, 04:54 PM

Originally posted by cmoney:
wow, i was about to run the update until I read that thread. post after post of failed FW hard drives!
I think it is just with people with unupdated ROM's that came out almost a year ago.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

LouZer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2004, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by NeutronMonk:

I also cannot stress enough that proper upgrading rituals must be observed.
1. Close all running apps. It seems that all the kernel panics have occurred while users have been surfing while updating!
2. Disconnect all peripherals, including fire wire drives.
3. Run all the cron jobs.
4. Repair permissions.
5. Re-boot, install update.
6. Re-boot, repair permissions again.

Using these procedures, I've never had an issue updating.
Gee, I've never followed these procedures, and I've never had a problem updating.

Then again, before upgrading, I've always taken a shower and have a glass of iced tea (unsweetened - I can't stress that enough!), and I've never had a problem. Ergo, henceforth, and therefore, I'm sure that these procedures will guarantee you that you won't have problems.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2004, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by solbo:
I recently started playing Diablo II again on my new iMac G5. It played great until 10.3.6.

Now in full screen mode it stutters and plays extremely slow, if I switch to window mode it is fine. Back to full screen it stutters and is choppy again. Very annoying.
Perhaps a driver/OpenGL issue with the latest update? Running Diablo II in windowed mode puts it into software mode, which would be fine on any G5.

Anyway, that stinks.

lenox
Senior User
Nov 6, 2004, 05:23 PM

I'm having the overdriven audio problem that many people are reporting over on Apple's boards. My temporary fix is to unplug and replug-in the speakers each time i start the computer up, as that fixes it.

FYI repairing permissions and zapping PRAM did not help.

Aside from that, everything seems peachy.

RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Nov 6, 2004, 05:53 PM

I posted that after installing 10.3.6 my cd no longer worked. After runnin Techtools I found some permissions etc... are bad and needed modifying. Couldn't do it with techtools, but tried the apple disk utility. The pop down came down and said I needed to enter both my administrator name and password. Entered what I'm pretty sure are what they should be, but I get a message saying one or the other are not correct.

Help.....

bojangles
Senior User
Nov 6, 2004, 06:27 PM

After installing 10.3.6 on my Rev.A dual-2GHz G5 (�Anila�), I got a message from the Mac OS Setup Assistant, asking me to register my software. I stepped through the dialog, which finished up with the standard �Enjoy surfing the Internet� or whatever exactly it says. I also had to update my keychain, but that�s to be expected. Finally, I was previously having trouble (under Mac OS X 10.3.5/Safari 1.2.3) with URLs not resolving the first time; I had to wait for Safari to time out on about 30-40% of the sites I tried to go to, then hit [return] to try again. (About 90% of the time, it would work the second time.) That issue seems to have been completely resolved with Safari 1.2.4.

Installed 10.3.6 on my iBook G4/800 (�Candace�). Made the mistake of plugging in my external 17" CRT monitor while it was �cleaning up� at the end of the install. I received an immediate gray-shade kernel panic and had to restart. Restarted in single-user mode to run a fsck (can�t be too careful) and now I can�t her get out of single-user mode.

Any thoughts on this lovely turn of events?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never tell if they’re attributed to the right person.”
—Abraham Lincoln

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2004, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by LouZer:
Gee, I've never followed these procedures, and I've never had a problem updating.

Then again, before upgrading, I've always taken a shower and have a glass of iced tea (unsweetened - I can't stress that enough!), and I've never had a problem. Ergo, henceforth, and therefore, I'm sure that these procedures will guarantee you that you won't have problems.
ha ha funny... but seriously. Those procedures are what are recommended by people who understand unix.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Nov 6, 2004, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Perhaps a driver/OpenGL issue with the latest update? Running Diablo II in windowed mode puts it into software mode, which would be fine on any G5.

Anyway, that stinks.
What's sad is that Blizzard might not try to fix what breaks in future OS versions. I don't know if it's Blizzard's fault or Apple's but I hope one of the two get the problem resolved.

fortepianissimo
Senior User
Nov 6, 2004, 07:17 PM

Thank you wings_rfs - I just did what you outlined and now I'm back to 1.2.4. Agreed that Apple needs to make it clearer how ppl using 1.3DP should do about the update.

Originally posted by wings_rfs:
If you have the Safari 1.3 Dev Preview installed, you need to revert back to version 1.2 before you update to MacOS 10.3.6. You can get the old 1.2 version at Apple's website, http://www.apple.com/safari/ and perhaps by now they have the newest 1.2.4 version there -- anyway, install whatever version you find there BEFORE you install the 10.3.6 update.

If you have already installed 10.3.6 and did not remove the 1.3 Safari first like I did (I guess this means you are viewing this page using I.E.), then do this to get Safari running again:
1. Download the Safari 1.2 installer from Apple's web page and install it.
2. Download the MacOS 10.3.6 combo installer (from http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...te_10_3_6.html) and install it -- that will update the 1.2 version to the current 1.2.4, along with re-installing the 10.3.6 system update. It's a biggie, about 90megs.

As far as I know, there is no Safari 1.3 beta available yet for 10.3.6 system. That's unfortunate, because 1.3 is 7 times faster in rendering java pages. If you go here: http://www.24fun.com/downloadcenter/...s/benchjs.html you will find a nice java speed tester to test the speed of your browser in handling java. Safari 1.2 and 1.2.4 are dogs when it comes to java. My speed tests resulted in a total render time of 74 seconds using 1.2 and 73 seconds when using 1.2.4 (ranking of 450 out of 500 recent testers), but using Safari 1.3 it was a respectable 10.4 seconds (ranking 88 out of 500). My system is a dual 1.4GHz G4 (FW800).

It's really disappointing that Apple could not incorporate the speed improvements in version 1.3 into the recent 1.2.4 update. 1.3 has been floating around for a couple of months now, so they should have had time to do it. And now that 1.3 is broken I guess we wait for another beta to come along that will play with the 10.3.6 update. Oh well.

nforcer
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2004, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by cmoney:
I have 2 external FW HDs. No problems after the update.
Genius. You know who.

alphasubzero949
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2004, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Chris Grande:
Is anyone else's calculator broken?
The plugins for graphing and hexadecimal are broken. You'll see a brushed metal window, nothing more. Anyone with a fix?

Worked fine under 10.3.5.

gheff
Nov 6, 2004, 08:12 PM

How odd. My Dual 1.8 with the 5200 video card is fine with D2 after the update. It's pretty much the same as the card in the iMac G5's isn't it?
I verified that it's set for OpenGL in millions of colors.

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2004, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by nforcer:
I have 2 external FW HDs. No problems after the update.
I had no problems with any of the 10.3.6 seeds until the release of 7R28, the GM. After a reboot, none of my FW devices mounted.

I rebooted again and all has been well since.

ambush
Banned
Nov 6, 2004, 09:41 PM

I'm not getting the "nothing but the mouse" hard crash anymore

maybe it's just a coincidence... but I won't complain

clarkgoble
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2004, 11:56 PM

Aaargh.

First serious problem with an upgrade.

I upgrade, reboot and poof. My dual 867 no longer will boot. It starts up fine and then presents this grey window with a message in four languages telling me to reboot by holding the power button down. No matter what I boot for about 2 minutes and then that screen!

Now I have to find my original disks and see if I can repair things. Damn. And I didn't do a backup prior to the upgrade. He're hoping I didn't loose anything.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2004, 03:03 AM

I think I'll wait a while before updating. While I doubt I'd get a kernel panic, as I don't tun any software during updates, but the Firewire issue sounds like a hairy one, especially since it seems to be affecting FW400 drives as well as FW800 and the oxford bridge chip. I'll wait until there's a concensus as to what's exactly happeing here.

I must say though, that I have to agree that Apple's QA seems to be slipping in the past few years.
weird wabbit

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 7, 2004, 03:42 AM

Originally posted by clarkgoble:
Aaargh.

First serious problem with an upgrade.

I upgrade, reboot and poof. My dual 867 no longer will boot. It starts up fine and then presents this grey window with a message in four languages telling me to reboot by holding the power button down. No matter what I boot for about 2 minutes and then that screen!

Now I have to find my original disks and see if I can repair things. Damn. And I didn't do a backup prior to the upgrade. He're hoping I didn't loose anything.
You're experiencing a kernel panic, which is indeed a serious problem. Something must have gotten corrupted by the upgrade process. You're probably best off doing an Archive an Install from your Panther disc.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2004, 04:46 AM

Originally posted by fortepianissimo:
Thank you wings_rfs - I just did what you outlined and now I'm back to 1.2.4. Agreed that Apple needs to make it clearer how ppl using 1.3DP should do about the update.
Excuse me? Apple needs to make it clearer?

Um, no. They don't. People using 1.3 DP PROPERLY know to not install it on their main system. End of story.

(It's called a DEVELOPER PREVIEW for a reason...)

Randman
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2004, 05:03 AM

Hopefully, everyone remembered to repair permissions after the install.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2004, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by Person Man:
Excuse me? Apple needs to make it clearer?

Um, no. They don't. People using 1.3 DP PROPERLY know to not install it on their main system. End of story.

(It's called a DEVELOPER PREVIEW for a reason...)
You really do tend to go overboard with the Apple evangelism, don't you think?
weird wabbit

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2004, 11:17 AM

The only issue thus far with the upgrade for me is that my PowerBook 667 (DVI) hasn't turned off it's fans in quite awhile...constantly going while doing nothing.

Anybody else?

GuyWithACamera
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 7, 2004, 11:47 AM

No problems thus far on a TiBook 400. SimpleTech FW drive mounts fine, although I haven't cloned the 10.3.6 system to it yet. The only update I could find for it was a firewire driver dated Sept. 2000. I've launched and ran almost all of my regualar apps and not a glitch.

I ran permissions repair before installiing (forgot to reboot before install) then ran it again afterward after a cold reboot.

All looks good so far.

Knock on wood, I've never had a hardware or software problem with any update of the OS - which doesn't give me a whole lot of troubleshooting experience. I've been lucky but I do keep a clone of current system on the FW drive just in case. I hope you people are backing up before you install any updates.
I have no lid upon my head. But if I did, you
could look iniside and see what's on my
mind.

iChelle
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 7, 2004, 03:09 PM

i've no clue what disk permissions are but i ran the update via the software update program in system prefs. it was about 30MB for my PB 12" 1Ghz. i closed out all programs, went out for a run, got back, restarted, and everything seems fine. i guess i was lucky?

Stevil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2004, 03:50 PM

I'm having similar problems with Diablo II. I encourage each of you to let Blizzard know about it ([email protected]). If they don't know about this issue, they can't fix it.

Be sure to clearly explain the problem like you have here: since updating to OS X 10.3.6, my framerate has dropped in half (from 60, to 30 - and even then I lose 10 frames of what's left.) Also give complete info about your hardware (CPU, video card (including how much RAM it has), and how much RAM your machine has.)

And yes, I work for in the tech support division of a software company. I know how to play this "game."

Stevil

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2004, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by theolein:
You really do tend to go overboard with the Apple evangelism, don't you think?
No.

People expect Apple to provide instructions on how to remove a developer preview that many of them probably shouldn't have in the first place (if they aren't registered developers with seed keys). They never intended the Developer Preview to be used on production machines, so why should people expect Apple to help them if they ignore Apple's intent and install it on their production machines?

In a sense, many people are making Apple out to be the bad guy, here.

I have a feeling that Apple isn't going to release Safari 1.3 because of the leak. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I think that they are either holding off on releasing any more developer previews or they are now going to wait until Tiger to release their next larger-scale (non-bugfix) release.

At any rate, people have already posted their workarounds in this thread. (I'm surprised the moderators are letting those posts even exist since technically they are providing support for people using prerelease software which is against the rules in these forums).

himself
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2004, 06:47 PM

I've had not one problem with the update, as far as I can tell. It seems flawless - everything seems a little faster (though I did take a few extra precautions I normally wouldn't follow...)

In fact, something improved, or shall I say started working the way it should after the update. My TiBook screen is a lot brighter! Ever since I got my TiBook 2 years ago (with 10.1 installed), my display wouldn't get any brighter past the last two increments, as seen when using the keyboard to control brightness. I didn't bother me much, and the screen was bright enough as it was for me... so this new development was a pleasant surprise for me. All of my firwire/usb/networking is working fine for me. Guess I lucked out.
( Last edited by himself; Nov 7, 2004 at 07:48 PM. )
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

iamnotmad
Senior User
Nov 7, 2004, 07:04 PM

Hi everyone, I lost my external firewire (macally) drive. apparently not based on the oxford 911 chipset. I cannot get the drive to show up. Is there a solution yet? Ive not been able to locate one.
Thanks!

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 7, 2004, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by iamnotmad:
Hi everyone, I lost my external firewire (macally) drive. apparently not based on the oxford 911 chipset. I cannot get the drive to show up. Is there a solution yet? Ive not been able to locate one.
Thanks!

Has anyone tried mounting with an external drive using USB 2.0?

I use both firewire and USB 2.0 external drives and while I am sure the firewire drive uses an Oxford chipset I am weary of losing the ability to mount the drive on the USB side.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Nov 7, 2004, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by Randman:
Hopefully, everyone remembered to repair permissions after the install.
I have never repaired permissions after an update.

Never.

I haven't had a problem since. I'm not sure how I would, either, since all that Repair Permissions does is set the permissions to match those in the package in /Library/Receipts, which they should anyway since you just installed from that package.

I have no idea why people keep insisting that you must repair permissions after an update.

BTW, I hope everyone remembered to sacrifice a live dogcow to the Voodoo God of Resource Forks after the install.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 7, 2004, 10:36 PM

Originally posted by CharlesS:

BTW, I hope everyone remembered to sacrifice a live dogcow to the Voodoo God of Resource Forks after the install.

No, but I did remember to lay a vector file at the tomb of St. Alphonso, patron saint of Post-Script Printing before hitting the download button.

solbo
Nov 7, 2004, 10:41 PM

Originally posted by gheff:
How odd. My Dual 1.8 with the 5200 video card is fine with D2 after the update. It's pretty much the same as the card in the iMac G5's isn't it?
I verified that it's set for OpenGL in millions of colors.
Does Apple have a place to report bugs. I couldn't find it on their site.

Musti
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 7, 2004, 10:52 PM

Does Apple have a place to report bugs. I couldn't find it on their site.
http://www.apple.com/feedback/
for general feedback.

http://bugreporter.apple.com
you'll need an ADC member account. The basic one is free.

paulmob
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2004, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by Chris Grande:
Is anyone else's calculator broken?

I just use google's.. I find it adequate and convenient for most things, but to answer the question no, my OS X one works fine.
G4 1GHz 640MB 120+20 HDs

Forum Links
Forum Rules