Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > PS3, Wii or XB360

View Poll Results: Which ones would it have to be ?
Poll Options:
Sony PlayStation 3 203 votes (32.02%)
Nintendo Wii 329 votes (51.89%)
Microsoft XBox 360 213 votes (33.60%)
None 34 votes (5.36%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 634. You may not vote on this poll
PS3, Wii or XB360 (Page 100)
analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 25, 2008, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a View Post
Graphics can change in 7 months.

N64 graphics looks good at tiny little thumbnails like that. As good as metroid and Mario look for the limited hardware it is playing on it still doesn't look all that great when you put it on an HD set which 65% of wii owners have. The Wii is sometimes acceptable but once you fire up the PS3 or 360 the Wii graphics are still a major disappointment for the near $300 it cost.

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2008, 03:00 PM

So, anyone here about EA offering to buy Take-Two and getting flatly refused. They're now engaged in a hostile take-over bid. Take Two's stock was up 50% last I checked.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 25, 2008, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
So, anyone here about EA offering to buy Take-Two and getting flatly refused. They're now engaged in a hostile take-over bid. Take Two's stock was up 50% last I checked.
With GTA4 coming out why would Take 2 even consider it? Stupid move on EA's part.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
N64 graphics looks good at tiny little thumbnails like that. As good as metroid and Mario look for the limited hardware it is playing on it still doesn't look all that great when you put it on an HD set which 65% of wii owners have. The Wii is sometimes acceptable but once you fire up the PS3 or 360 the Wii graphics are still a major disappointment for the near $300 it cost.
Well, i'm not arguing that the XB360/PS3's graphics are not a heck of a lot better than the Wii's, all i'm saying is that the Wii is not an N64, and if developers(after developing for GameCube) cannot even get that level of polish into a game, maybe the problem is with the developers rather than the 'underpowered' Wii (which seems to be a crutch developers and fanboys seem to be leaning on to diss the Wii).

In reference to MK, the first screenshots of Metroid Prime 3 that we saw were sub par to say the least, but the game looks just fine on my SD set (and apparently will look even better in 480p).

65% of Wii owners have HDTVs ? i think the Wii has crossed 20mil so, first off , thats a heck of a lot of HDTV owners buying Wiis. And secondly, if so many of them didnt mind 480p, i doubt a handful of complaining graphics-hoes and M$/P$3 fanboys' opinions really matter that much in the gaming business. imo.

On the other hand.....i'm thinking the next Nintendo console will support full HD, and it'll be at a lower price than the launch price of the XB360/PS3, and chances are if they stick to their brilliant marketing and keep innovating (unlike the others) , they will sell a lot.

Make no mistake the Wii is no XB360/PS3.
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Feb 26, 2008 at 01:15 PM. )

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
With GTA4 coming out why would Take 2 even consider it? Stupid move on EA's part.
Hence the hostile take-over bid.

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2008, 09:37 AM

i'm thinking the next Nintendo console will support full HD
If it comes out 4 years from now, I'd ****ing hope so!

Edit; The damn thing'll probably be 720p

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2008, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar the Fourth View Post
If it comes out 4 years from now, I'd ****ing hope so!

Edit; The damn thing'll probably be 720p
yeah, come to think of it, im not sure about full HD, i can just see the marketing... "1080p? whats that?" hehe

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2008, 03:51 PM

New PS3 sku announced:
$499 80GB PS3 bundle includes MGS 4, DualShock 3 - Joystiq

80gb PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4, and a Dual Shock 3 controller for $499.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2008, 04:12 PM

If this is true I might have to re-consider purchasing Mario Cart Wii as the only reason I want it is to play online and I know that everyone I know with a wii doesn't play it enough to warrant paying for the extremely limited online features:

Nintendo wants your money for online "Pay & Play" gaming? - Engadget

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2008, 10:22 PM

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2008, 01:09 PM

If this is true I might have to re-consider purchasing Mario Cart Wii as the only reason I want it is to play online and I know that everyone I know with a wii doesn't play it enough to warrant paying for the extremely limited online features:

Nintendo wants your money for online "Pay & Play" gaming? - Engadget
Balls

I dont mind paying for DLC(which is what i hope they mean... considering rock band will be coming to the Wii later, im guessing that 'pay n play' was designed for that sort of thing), But i'm not going to pay for online multiplayer.

Also, your right Mario Kart's visuals dont look too good, surprisingly the GCN one looked just fine (never played it, basing my opinion off screenshots).

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2008, 02:15 PM

Also, your right Mario Kart's visuals dont look too good, surprisingly the GCN one looked just fine (never played it, basing my opinion off screenshots).
I thought the GCN was terrible. Not so much for the graphics but the art direction and more importantly, level design was boring and un-inspiring, much like super mario sunshine.

This text only chat system is pretty much Nintendo admitting most of their customers are kids and they don't want to risk pedophiles talking to young kids. Totally ridiculous.

I mean TEXT chat in a racing game in 2008? There is no other excuse for such garbage.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2008, 02:26 AM

"Mario Kart Wii doesn't have voice chat. But it's got text chat at least, right? No. It doesn't even have that. Nintendo of America have announced that the game will instead allow players to choose from a limited selection of automated statements/responses while playing the game. "Hello", "I'm sad", etc. I'd say welcome to 1996, Nintendo, but 1996 is still awaiting your arrival."

Mario Kart Wii: Mario Kart Wii Doesn't Even Have Proper Text Chat

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2008, 09:07 AM

Now this i sjust my opinion, so don't flame me.....

I have never used any sort of communication during my videogame play. if i remember correctly quake3/UT had some sort of text messaging thing in there....and i never payed any attention to it. Personally im not a big fan of the social networking/web2.0 BS that seems to be the 'new big thing'. In fact i'm more about the single player experience when it comes to gaming, so whether or not there's voice chat or text hat doesnt reallly matter. Of all the games today that link up to the 'cloud', i like the Professor Layton model where you get to download a new free puzzle every week.... but thats just me.

In fact i dont think there's a single multiplayer game that makes my top 10. Having said that i do see why some hardcore gamer would see this as a downside, in fact i think in games similar to COD4 where teamplay in multiplayer co-op is emphasized, voice would be a good idea, otherwise not really. But thats my opinion.

As far as mario Kart...id prefer no communication at all. keeps it simple imo.

In fact i'd prefer it if they spent some time polishing the visuals than this texting stuff..... does brawl have voice/text capabilities ?

Cheers

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2008, 09:07 AM

Nintendo, people will be assholes to each other over the internet. Live with it.

Reminds me, back in FFXI you could string together the bilingual text into some clever phrases. It'll happen here, no doubt.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2008, 09:13 AM

Fair enough, i don t know Nintendo's reasoning behind it. But are gamers really concerned about this thing ? i know im not, i dont know what the popularity of voice/chatting during gameplay is, so sound off people...

Cheers

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2008, 09:19 AM

Fair enough, i don t know Nintendo's reasoning behind it. But are gamers really concerned about this thing ? i know im not, i dont know what the popularity of voice/chatting during gameplay is, so sound off people...

Cheers
Well, since the cartridge days it's obvious Nintendo is a control freak, even beyond where they can profit. They were overly concerned with their image, leading to the Mortal Kombat debacle. While I don't consider this internet communication thing a debacle, it seems like a folly on equal ground with their resistance to putting the GC online.

I use voicechat where necessary (Halo) and sometimes I don't (PGR4), but imagine this -- I have a great race in PGR4 with a RL buddy, how do we decide discuss it? Walk away from the console and pick up the phone? Not very convenient.

I understand you're not concerned Hawkeye, but your post before seemed to all but admit you think you're in the minority on that. I'd agree.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2008, 09:47 AM

Cheers
I think the type of gamer that wants to play games online already does on their other consoles or on the PC, and is used to having some sort of ability to communicate.

This just seems like a very half-assed move by Nintendo.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Feb 29, 2008, 01:41 PM

Think of it this way... with the Wii flying off the shelves what motivation does Nintendo have to give us modern day features like voice chat, video playback, achievements?

None. Nintendo has always been cheap and lazy and the Wii is just making it worse.

Where the hell is a SINGLE downloadable game update not to just give us more value for our purchase but to fix some serious bugs in games? Lots of Wii games have SERIOUS bugs and none have been fixed.

My Xbox and 360 have been upgraded and upgraded with feature after feature that brings more and more value for what I paid for the system. They are like the gifts that keep on giving!

I never would have thought that when I bought my 360 or PS3 that I could actually use it to watch DIVX movies on my TV wirelessly through my mac saving me the time and money of getting an Apple TV and hacking it.

I have purchased lots of games for both systems for $60 (same as wii games) and even a year later getting more FREE content to add to it that makes it fun to play all over again.

Wii.... nadda.

I'm sure we will hear how Mario cart outsold "insert xbox title here" by 4 to 1 and Nintendo is the greatest thing ever so why would Nintendo bother giving us voice chat or nice graphics?

Fanboys do more harm than good.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2008, 09:18 AM

Ok, im going to refrain from pointing out the many holes in your argument above, but i will point out a very obvious one, which i have earlier.... Wii games are $50, not $60.

PS>>I'd rather pay $50 for a near bug free game than $60 for a game that needs to be patched every now-n-then. the thing i hate about PC/Mac games are the patches and updates than need to be installed the day you buy the game. i love the convenience of buying a game, putting it into the console and just playing. But i do see how that could be a major problem to a company like Microsoft who obviously see a lot of 'value'(as in lower development costs) in shipping an exuberant number of bugs and flaws in everything they make, so i guess that model makes sense for people who use their products.
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Mar 3, 2008 at 12:23 PM. )

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2008, 12:30 PM

Ok, im going to refrain from pointing out the many holes in your argument above, but i will point out a very obvious one, which i have earlier.... Wii games are $50, not $60.

PS>>I'd rather pay $50 for a near bug free game than $60 for a game that needs to be patched every now-n-then. the thing i hate about PC/Mac games are the patches and updates than need to be installed the day you buy the game. i love the convenience of buying a game, putting it into the console and just playing. But i do see how that could be a major problem to a company like Microsoft who obviously see a lot of 'value'(as in lower development costs) in shipping an exuberant number of bugs and flaws in everything they make, so i guess that model makes sense for people who use their products.
On the flip side, I'd rather be able to download an update than have something like the Guitar Hero 3 Wii problem happen. They have to do full disc replacement and you're out of the game for 4-6 weeks due to shipping. No thanks.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2008, 03:30 PM

Well I am speaking in Canadian Dollars but no... so far 90% of the Wii games I got are the same price as the ones for PS3/Xbox.

And please don't tell us that the cheaper Nintendo games are bug free as even Zelda and metroid has a few disasters in it.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2008, 03:59 PM

Well I am speaking in Canadian Dollars but no... so far 90% of the Wii games I got are the same price as the ones for PS3/Xbox.

And please don't tell us that the cheaper Nintendo games are bug free as even Zelda and metroid has a few disasters in it.
Here in the States the Wii games are $50 and the 360/PS3 games are $60. Even cross-platform games are like that (with the PC version being $50 as well).

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2008, 04:03 PM

Here in the States the Wii games are $50 and the 360/PS3 games are $60. Even cross-platform games are like that (with the PC version being $50 as well).
Even so I'd rather pay another $10 to know major bugs aren't there for life and I get online play, tons of free downloadable content and achievements to name a few.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2008, 04:12 PM

Even so I'd rather pay another $10 to know major bugs aren't there for life and I get online play, tons of free downloadable content and achievements to name a few.
Agreed. I do not like that the industry has moved to more of a PC-like system of patches and releasing things before they're ready, but the benefits outweigh the downsides IMO. The Wii just looks more and more outdated every time I see something released (and I don't mean just graphics).

I do like that Nintendo is doing well, as I like the company as a whole. But the Wii is not for me (and that's why I sold mine).

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2008, 04:14 PM

I think patches are part of the price we pay for having larger and larger games. Yes, it's party laziness on the part of companies, too.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2008, 09:51 AM

1. you can pay any amount for a game in any currency and still have the ability to download updates/patches. it's upto developers to enable that ability(as the software has to be able to hook upto any updates that has been saved to the local media whether it be a HDD or flash memory).

2. If a developer does not take the time or invest the resources or effort into including that ability, no amount of money for a game irrespective of system will enable you to overcome that limitation. (if the studio that activision outsourced the Wii GH3 port to did not foresee the shoddy development process and did not include the ability to update the software via downloads, thats activisions and their fault, not Nintendo, not the Wii's and not the price)

3. Personally i have played through Zelda and Metroid on the Wii and did not find any bugs worth reporting, im sure there are bugs.... no software is bug-free. but some software(read:from certain companies) have more bugs than others. i prefer Nintendo approach that does not rely on constant patches and updates.

4. $10 extra does not guarantee you DLC for free on any system all it means is that the boxed product you buy will cost you $10 more. If developers wanted to they could make DLC available for "free" or charge for it, or in the case of most Wii developers not make any DLC available all together. I wouldn't blame the system(whichever it is) for that.

Now i'm a complete simpleton when it come to gaming.... i want
-lower price games($50 as opposed to $60)
-free online multiplayer
-the option for DLC(free or not)
-and above all(more important than the above)..... good quality software that does not require patches and downloads to enable me to play the game.

I fully respect the choices of other consumers (albiet:less informed) to be able to...
-pay more for the software
-pay for the multiplayer service
-get lower quality hardware(RRoD)
-get lower quality software that requires patches
-have the opportunity to pay for DLC

Cheers

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2008, 11:13 AM

I just like to be able to play Rock Band. And sometimes a bit of Call of Duty 4. How's that working out for you on the Wii?

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2008, 11:15 AM

What Wii games are online?

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2008, 12:54 PM

I just like to be able to play Rock Band. And sometimes a bit of Call of Duty 4. How's that working out for you on the Wii?
Well gaming on the wii is working out just fine actually. like i said, im no hardcore gamers by any stretch of the imagination (although i do follow the industry). for me personally, i pick up a game MAYBE every 6 months. coupled with the NES and Genesis VC im doing fine. Wii titles...Mario and Metroid have kept me busy. never been into rhythm games, and got bored of FPS multiplayers after Quake3 Arena and UT on my old iMacDVSE.

I do plan on picking up Okami and Zack&Wiki eventually.

Oh and for Rock-band fans, apparently a Wii version will be coming out later this year accoring to some big wig at EA, my guess is if it selling anything like GH3 on Wii (as compared to XB360 and PS3), it'll be a success.

Cheers
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Mar 4, 2008 at 01:20 PM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2008, 02:13 PM

-get lower quality software that requires patches
Huh? Have any examples?

BioShock has DLC for free, patient people will eventually get all the Halo 3 maps for free, Orange Box just added new Team Fortress features last week. These are just the games I own as well. Also, in all three games I have never encountered a bug or glitch.

I think getting constant updates automatically for 50 bucks a year (which is chump change, even for a broke-ass like me) is a great system.

I'll give you the hardware issue, but can you please just say you prefer the Wii (and it's games) and let it stand at that. You really don't make any good points about the Wii being better than the other systems.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2008, 03:06 PM

Well gaming on the wii is working out just fine actually. like i said, im no hardcore gamers by any stretch of the imagination (although i do follow the industry). for me personally, i pick up a game MAYBE every 6 months. coupled with the NES and Genesis VC im doing fine. Wii titles...Mario and Metroid have kept me busy. never been into rhythm games, and got bored of FPS multiplayers after Quake3 Arena and UT on my old iMacDVSE.

I do plan on picking up Okami and Zack&Wiki eventually.

Oh and for Rock-band fans, apparently a Wii version will be coming out later this year accoring to some big wig at EA, my guess is if it selling anything like GH3 on Wii (as compared to XB360 and PS3), it'll be a success.

Cheers
I guess my point comes down to this:

Number of games rated 9+ by IGN on the Wii: 7
Number of games rated 9+ by IGN on the PS3: 12
Number of games rated 9+ by IGN on the 360: 30

That's why I currently use my 360 more than my PS3 and why I sold my Wii.

Also, Rock Band is planned for the Wii, but with no downloadable content. And some of the best songs available are download only.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Huh? Have any examples?

BioShock has DLC for free, patient people will eventually get all the Halo 3 maps for free, Orange Box just added new Team Fortress features last week. These are just the games I own as well. Also, in all three games I have never encountered a bug or glitch.

I think getting constant updates automatically for 50 bucks a year (which is chump change, even for a broke-ass like me) is a great system.

I'll give you the hardware issue, but can you please just say you prefer the Wii (and it's games) and let it stand at that. You really don't make any good points about the Wii being better than the other systems.
Fair enough. i prefer the Wii, and to each his own, but when anyone argues the pros and cons of each system, dont make up assumptions to suit their own preference. my comment about patches was directed towards PC games, and as far as $50 a year.... i'd rather spend it elsewhere, but hey $50 probably means more to me than you . Enjoy your system(s).

I guess my point comes down to this:

Number of games rated 9+ by IGN on the Wii: 7
Number of games rated 9+ by IGN on the PS3: 12
Number of games rated 9+ by IGN on the 360: 30

That's why I currently use my 360 more than my PS3 and why I sold my Wii.

Also, Rock Band is planned for the Wii, but with no downloadable content. And some of the best songs available are download only.
Well i guess i better write to IGN and tell the Nintendo staff to stop being so critical of the Wii cause it bodes badly with 'gamers', maybe that'll change your mind ? The 'game' that i have clocked in most time with is... believe it or not is Wii sports (and that was pretty badly rated).

DLC for Rock Band...i *think* that 'pay and play' thing hey announced was specifically designed for DLC for these type of games. either way.... i guess im sick of FPSs so the XB360 and PS3 title dont appeal to me in general, graphics are cool though.

And since the Wii is so bad compared to the competition, i wonder why there are so many people buying the damn thing. must be the same crowd that bought the PS2 ?

Cheers

PS>>i'm over this discussion for now though....i think ill be back when the XB360 or PS3 overtake the Wii in worldwide sales or something.

TravisReynolds
Mar 5, 2008, 01:57 AM

I own a ps3, just because of the power it has, and mainly grand theft auto and resident evil. i bought it before they announced resident evil on xbox
From the one, and Only Travis Reynolds. You stay classy San Diego

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 5, 2008, 09:03 AM

Well i guess i better write to IGN and tell the Nintendo staff to stop being so critical of the Wii cause it bodes badly with 'gamers', maybe that'll change your mind ? The 'game' that i have clocked in most time with is... believe it or not is Wii sports (and that was pretty badly rated).
Yeah, because I posted that to point out that the Nintendo staff is too critical. Come on, even a fanboy like yourself can admit that the 360 has more and better games than the other consoles right now. Sure, the Wii has a few great games, but they are few and far between (and first party only).

DLC for Rock Band...i *think* that 'pay and play' thing hey announced was specifically designed for DLC for these type of games. either way.... i guess im sick of FPSs so the XB360 and PS3 title dont appeal to me in general, graphics are cool though.
That 'Pay and Play' system may be in response to Rock Band, but the last official word from Harmonix was that the Wii version would lack DLC and a few other features (similar to the PS2 version). And if you think the 360/PS3 only have FPS games on them you should really look again.

And since the Wii is so bad compared to the competition, i wonder why there are so many people buying the damn thing. must be the same crowd that bought the PS2 ?
That's a very easy one - casual gamers and non-gamers are buying the system solely for Wii Sports. That's why the Wii attach rate is abysmally low, and that's why third party games are not selling on the Wii.

PS>>i'm over this discussion for now though....i think ill be back when the XB360 or PS3 overtake the Wii in worldwide sales or something.
Not sure that's going to happen. The Wii has struck a chord with the non-gaming public, and is selling insanely well there. But for people that want to actually play games they know which systems to look at.

Hopefully the Wii will improve in that regard, because I would definitely buy one again if there was a game worth owning.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2008, 12:08 PM

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 14, 2008, 02:28 PM

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 14, 2008, 02:47 PM

<droool>

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 14, 2008, 02:49 PM

All i can say is multiplayer Free Roam with friends is going to be awesome. All the hooliganry will be awesome. Beating up on old ladies, bangin' hookers, illegal street races, it'll be like being Los Angeles native.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 17, 2008, 08:45 AM

Not sure that's going to happen. The Wii has struck a chord with the non-gaming public, and is selling insanely well there. But for people that want to actually play games they know which systems to look at.
Well, with the official death of HD-DVD and BR-DVD "winning" the HD format war, i see Sony moving a heck of a lot of PS3 units. As people claimed the DVD in the PS2 gave it a big advantage, i assume BR-DVD will give the PS3 an equally big advantage now. So i wouldnt be surprised if the PS3 will equal if not surpass the Wii in the next 24 months. I base that evaluation on:
-Sony not releasing cheaper BR-DVD players
-The very likely event that Sony will charge extremely high loyalty from other companies(ie competitors) who want to incorporate BR into their hardware. And keep even them from releasing cheaper BR-DVD players.

Sony now has...... the content from it's movie studios, the media to deliver and the set-top-box to read that media. $ony has become the next Micro$oft.... as far as monopolies go. Kinda sad for consumers tho....oh well.

Ill probably pick up a BR-DVD drive end of 2009, hopefully there will be something no bigger than the Wii for purely movie playback.

Cheers

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2008, 06:25 PM

Arg. The just-announced crappiness of the upcoming Rock Band for Wii means I need to get a PS3 or a 360 in addition to my Wii (maybe instead of, if I don't stay excited about the other Wii games I have). But given that I'm completely uninformed about the rest of the console gaming landscape, it's kind of a tough call.

Seems like it'd be good to get a PS3, since now that Blu-ray won, I'm going to want to have a BR player eventually.

Xbox 360 allegedly has a bigger selection of great games, though, and I hear good things about XBLA. And of course the movie rental thing sounds awesome (although I have a 1080p-capable TV that's never displayed any 1080p content, which makes the PS3 tempting again).

This may just get decided for me, since 80GB PS3 models seem to be out of stock everywhere (probably till the MGS4/DualShock 3 version comes out in "Late Q2"), whereas all the 360 models are easy to find. And I've got enough credit card rewards points to get $300 in Circuit City gift cards. I just wish I knew the likelihood of MS coming out with a Blu-ray add on for the 360.

NYK Ace
Senior User
Mar 26, 2008, 05:22 PM

I dont think you'll be seeing blu ray on xbox any time soon...

Blu-ray on Xbox 360? Microsoft hasn't heard about it - Engadget

Microsoft has said numerous times that they feel games sell consoles not movies

Dakar the Fourth
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2008, 04:02 PM

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 27, 2008, 06:21 PM

Hehe, oh man, that game is going to be awesome.

I dunno about you, but the first thing I do in any GTA game is find all the unique stunts first...I guess I just love driving the cars around. Hopefully I'll be high on the leaderboard for something.

duoikari
Forum Regular
Mar 28, 2008, 04:57 PM

Everyone pretty much knows that Xbox has the best graphics with the ps3 coming in a close second. Cos i haven't really seen a game that really makes the ps3 work hard. I got to admit tho GTA does look sexy on Ps3, and if only i could afford a 500 pound console i would buy one. They also stopped doing the 60 GB HD ones, does anyone know if there gonna bring that back?, cos to be it's not worth me forking out 300 just to play ps3 games only.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2008, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by duoikari View Post
Everyone pretty much knows that Xbox has the best graphics with the ps3 coming in a close second. Cos i haven't really seen a game that really makes the ps3 work hard.
Um, no. Look at Drakes fortune on PS3 and show me anything that looks as good on the 360. The even scarier part is the Drakes devs said they were only using 30% of the available power of the PS3 when they made it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2008, 10:00 PM

COD4 looks better than any game I've ever seen.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 30, 2008, 11:42 AM

Um, no. Look at Drakes fortune on PS3 and show me anything that looks as good on the 360. The even scarier part is the Drakes devs said they were only using 30% of the available power of the PS3 when they made it.
I'd put Drake's Fortune on the same level as the better 360 games - Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, COD4, Mass Effect, etc. I never saw anything about Drake's Fortune that made me think it was any better than those games graphically.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2008, 01:37 AM

I'd put Drake's Fortune on the same level as the better 360 games - Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, COD4, Mass Effect, etc. I never saw anything about Drake's Fortune that made me think it was any better than those games graphically.
Bioshock is nice and all but not to the level of drakes. COD4 was nice but nothing mind blowing. Mass Effect has the worst frame rate of any game I have had this generation.

bearcatrp
Senior User
Apr 2, 2008, 09:13 AM

I finally bought a console. Was considering the PS3 but the Wii won. Graphics look good on my 50 inch sony. Have kids at home so have to go for more family oriented games.
2010 Mac Mini, 32GB iPod Touch, 2 Apple TV (1)
Home built 12 core 2.93 Westmere PC (almost half the cost of MP) Win7 64.

Forum Links
Forum Rules