Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Oh California....

Oh California....
Snow-i
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2012, 08:23 PM

No money to bury man sterilized by force – - CNN.com Blogs

You'd think 60 years after performing a "naziesque" sterilization they'd at least own up and give the man a proper burial.

Anyone else want to vote to kick them out of the union?

What exactly does CA bring to the table anymore anyways?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by CNN
Follett served in the Korean War and as a veteran could be buried in a national cemetery at no cost for the plot, Banlasan said. However, Follett wanted to be buried at a cemetery in Lodi, California, near family members including his grandparents, said Banlasan. A plot, gravestone and memorial service would cost $9,000, he said.
Boo frickin hoo, he only gets a free burial in a place other than his choosing. Who cares about burial anyway? Wouldn't that be throwing good money after bad?

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 12, 2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
About 2T of GDP.

Demonhood
Administrator
Apr 12, 2012, 10:20 PM

Most of your food.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2012, 10:57 PM

Nancy Pelosi.

-t

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2012, 11:17 PM

Designed in Cupertino.

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2012, 11:36 PM

California regulations have influenced the energy efficiency of electronics world wide.

They even brought to the nation's attention high efficiency light bulbs and yet masses of dumb people still rant about how they want to pay more for bulbs that burn dimmer and die sooner... Nothing beats my right to constantly spend more to replace bulbs more than I need to.

Furniture and other manufactured products would be much more expensive if California's army of illegals wasn't standing ready to build at your command.

They also have good wine, Yosemite and redwoods national parks.

If CA seceded they might become like the Japan of the west.

The problems they have mostly stem from free-handout programs and being too nice to gangsters. Maybe they should bring some of that sterilization back.... And why would it make sense to spend so much money on someone after they die?? Only a liberal should be so waistfull; give the man a standard little plaque and he'll be fine, that's all I want. That's more than I would want; they can through me in a trench for all I care. The size of the statue above your grave isn't what matters.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2012, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
California regulations have influenced the energy efficiency of electronics world wide.

They even brought to the nation's attention high efficiency light bulbs and yet masses of dumb people still rant about how they want to pay more for bulbs that burn dimmer and die sooner... Nothing beats my right to constantly spend more to replace bulbs more than I need to.
Bullshit. The rest of the world doesn't need California government dimbulbs to educate them about light bulbs. Basically the joke is how many billions of dollars of deficit spending does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Furniture and other manufactured products would be much more expensive if California's army of illegals wasn't standing ready to build at your command.
More bullshit. Just like the 'argument' was once that cotton, tobacco and everything produced in the south would be too expensive without the army of slaves being shackled and whipped at your command. And of course no one could afford clothing without 11 year old girls being packed into 10th story warehouse factories with no fire escapes. Uh huh. Sure.

Businesses trying to protect their illicit labor rackets with the old "you couldn't afford it if I actually had to compete in an honest market place paying an honest price for labor" is an ooooooold line of pure bullshit.

If CA seceded they might become like the Japan of the west.
If if was run by the same cabal of morons that currently run it in SPITE of being part of the United States, it'd become 'Hell Salvador North', and the borders with Oregon, Nevada and Arizona would have to be walled off to all the people fleeing.

Snow-i  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2012, 02:31 AM

Okay, guys...sorry if the point of my post was misleading...

I'm not actually advocating for California to be kicked off the island.

I'm trying to draw attention to this horror-story of government sponsored sterilization some time ago and their unwillingness to lift a finger to rectify the situation. Whats 10k in the billions california is in debt for their handouts? Wheres this guy's justice?

And Uncle, normally ones kids would cover such final costs in the event there wasn't any money in his estate. But this poor guy never had that chance because some hat in some office decided he shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

Doesn't anyone else find this as repulsive as I do?

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2012, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post

More bullshit. Just like the 'argument' was once that cotton, tobacco and everything produced in the south would be too expensive without the army of slaves being shackled and whipped at your command. And of course no one could afford clothing without 11 year old girls being packed into 10th story warehouse factories with no fire escapes. Uh huh. Sure.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2012, 03:19 AM

Of course it's repulsive. But it's actually typical. The difference is, you get to read the beginning, middle and end of the story in this case, rather than being somewhere in the middle of a similar type of atrocity as it unfolds over a lifetime.

So a big out of control government got hold of a stupid idea based on crap science, ran with it, took a wrecking ball to people's lives over it, got away with it scott free, and generations later the current iteration of big stupid out of control government doesn't give a rat's ass what their predecessors did, and won't give up a thin dime for some old geezer who's just another liability to them.

What's new? Other than, as I said, this one has played out already and you can see the results of all the assholiness from start to finish, not just a snapshot along the way in present time.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 13, 2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Nancy Pelosi.
ebuddy

Forum Links
Forum Rules