Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > wincent has a new review...

wincent has a new review...
conny
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2001, 07:41 PM

...of 4K78. It sounds like he liked it...

www.wincent.org

NateMarg
Mar 9, 2001, 08:11 PM

The next 15 days are going to be SOOOOO LOOOONNNNGGGG! I'm glad its coming out on a weekend or else I'd have to take off from work!
QS 733 - 640MB 40GB
iMac DV 400 - 384MB 40GB
iBook SE 366 - 320MB 6GB

Scrod
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2001, 08:25 PM

If ONLY I could have it a week from now instead of in two weeks!! Then I would be able to use it over spring break. Instead I'll be looking forward to its release all throughout spring break, and that won't be fun at all! What a waste of good vacation time.
I abused my signature until she cried.

Oneota
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2001, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by Scrod:
If ONLY I could have it a week from now instead of in two weeks!! Then I would be able to use it over spring break. Instead I'll be looking forward to its release all throughout spring break, and that won't be fun at all! What a waste of good vacation time.
Yeah, I called Apple and had 'em send the final to my home instead of to College -- and I'm lugging my G4 home for spring break that week. I bet I won't leave the room the whole time! (Well, that's not true; I'm not *that* much of a geek, but I sure am glad my spring break starts on the 24th of March!)

------------------
Justify my text? I'm sorry, but it has no excuse.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

Oneota
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2001, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by conny:
...of 4K78. It sounds like he liked it...

www.wincent.org
Umm..could you provide a more accurate URL? The review is not listed on the main page.

------------------
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

snodman
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2001, 08:54 PM

Look for a link over on the extreme top right under "10 Mar 2001: 4K78 review posted!"
edit
Remember they are in the land of AUS "Tomorrow's news today!".

[This message has been edited by snodman (edited 03-09-2001).]

Oneota
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2001, 08:58 PM

Well, this is strange; after repeatedly refreshing and emptying my cache, I still don't see it; the most recent article is "wincent.org to move to new server".

Very odd.

------------------

DamnDJ
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2001, 09:00 PM

Try this one
http://www.cfgn.net/wincent.org/transitional/4K78.php

Originally posted by Oneota:
Well, this is strange; after repeatedly refreshing and emptying my cache, I still don't see it; the most recent article is "wincent.org to move to new server".

Very odd.

dark3lf
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2001, 11:01 PM

His reports are absolutley ridicules. They have been identicle since his 4k33 and 4k46 reports. He spends about 2/3s of the report talking about the damn install process! Nothing about what has changed, how fast the system feels, sleep issues with the PowerBook, can he mount DVD disks (not play) and see the .VOB files, are there any new applications, etc.... Why bother?

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Mar 9, 2001, 11:24 PM

I agree, he spends too long talking about the installation.

But on the other hand, he said he could do a slow motion Genie Effect of Quicktime movies showing a slow motion Genie Effect on Quicktime Movies.

------------------
the oddball newsletter
------------------
it's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

macway
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2001, 11:36 PM

cause him and sho are cool. :-) I miss mosr.net too.

anon tester
Mar 10, 2001, 01:37 AM

DVD discs mount and VOB files are visible in 4K73. Interesting things - the "docklets" for battery monitor, signal strength, and monitors can go on either the left or the right of the dock ... there's a "keep the same view when you open a folder in the same window" button that prevents an inadvertent double-click taking you from column view to icon view ... speech recognition works very nicely ... sleep on my desktop G4 is just fine.

Can't wait for my pre-order to get here!!!

14 days...

Forum Links
Forum Rules