Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > The official Mac OS X 10.6 feature wish list

The official Mac OS X 10.6 feature wish list (Page 2)
- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jun 11, 2008, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by moep View Post
FTR, Snow Leopard was confirmed at the Stevenote. Not sure if it's going to be 10.6 but it's coming.
It is.

Snow Leopard is the perfect name for a release with only refinements instead of new features. Shades of 10.1. Lets just hope the price will also be the same

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jun 11, 2008, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Snow Leopard is the perfect name for a release with only refinements instead of new features. Shades of 10.1. Lets just hope the price will also be the same
Dream on.

Seriously, I'm willing to bet it will be the same $129 it's always been lately. And it makes me shiver just thinking about the amount of bitching we'll get about it on boards like this one.

P
Jun 11, 2008, 06:48 AM

I can't imagine noone has said this yet:

FTFF.

At least repair the new absurdities added in 10.5 (window settings are global by default, windows don't close when their folder is dropped in the trash, etc)

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 11, 2008, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
thats only the one you're connected to
we don't have time to stop for gas

MartiNZ
Senior User
Jun 11, 2008, 06:50 PM

It's just occurred to me that with things like exchange support being built in, it would be really nice to have NTFS write support, and for iChat to support MSN messenger!

tuqqer
Jun 13, 2008, 10:52 AM

My list:

• The option to turn off all warning windows, including the one that appears when any application crashes. As well as the one that appears when first installing and opening an app for the first time. Granted, this would only be for those that want to really live dangerously. But I'm one of them.

• In the Finder: Go menu, the radical addition of a shortcut to Documents. If Command-Shift-A goes to Apps, and Command-Shift-H goes to Home, let me have Command-Shift-D to go to Documents. 95% of the time I need to access my drive, it's the Documents folder I want to go to.

• Bring back the ability to show custom icons in folders I place in the Dock. I'm unclear why a constantly changing or generic icon would be a visual improvement

• Vastly improve how Mail handles attachments. Instead of explaining it, open up Entourage to see their method and use something similar.
Leopard 10.5.x •• 2.66Ghz Mac Pro, 7 Gigs RAM •• dual 20 Samsung LCDs •• MacBook Core Duo 13" 2Ghz White

Forum Links
Forum Rules