Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > QTSS for MacOS X Client?

QTSS for MacOS X Client?
conny
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2001, 04:34 PM

To install QTSS 4.0 you need MacOS X 10.1 Server. Has anybody tried it with the client version of MacOS X? I know there is a Darwin Streaming Server but I can't find a download link to MacOS X, only Linux, Solaris and Windows.
It seems like version 4.0 (beta) has some nice new features I would like to try out. MPEG4 streaming...which client can read these streams? QT doesn't handle MPEG4 yet, or does it?
Anybody with any experience in this?

soellman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2001, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by conny:
<STRONG>To install QTSS 4.0 you need MacOS X 10.1 Server. Has anybody tried it with the client version of MacOS X? I know there is a Darwin Streaming Server but I can't find a download link to MacOS X, only Linux, Solaris and Windows.
It seems like version 4.0 (beta) has some nice new features I would like to try out. MPEG4 streaming...which client can read these streams? QT doesn't handle MPEG4 yet, or does it?
Anybody with any experience in this?</STRONG>
Quicktime 5

I managed to get qtss3 installed on my osx10.1 box (iirc you can get it installed fine on the non-server version, but the non-web mgmt tools are missing), and all you have to do is point your copy of quicktime to a URL for qtss media.. try rtsp://hostname:7070/file.mov, I found that I had to specify port 7070 rather than the default 554 for some reason..

conny  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2001, 09:07 PM

Anybody tried QTSS 4pr1 on MacOS X 10.1 client yet? I installed it and managed to get into the web admin UI but all the text was missing from the pages. I looked at the code and there are some propriatary qtss tags in the html source code. These are not getting expanded when I run the web admin. Do I need to start some qtss web admin client or perl or what?
Do I make any sense at all?

Jablabla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2001, 11:50 PM

I bet if you run the program as root you could use port 554.

I have os 10.1.1 and the latest prerelease seemed to work fine for me...

The web interface was working fine for me. Until I logged out. Then I got a funky cgi error...

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Jablabla ]

splitkitten44
Nov 20, 2001, 01:13 AM

QTSS 4pr1 works fine with client and server.

Forum Links
Forum Rules