Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Black iPod Nano 2GB NEW --> L@@K

FS: Black iPod Nano 2GB NEW --> L@@K
Schneider
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 1, 2006, 05:31 PM

Well the title pretty much says it all. I just recently got my black 2GB ipod nano replaced by apple under warranty. Once I got it replaced I just decided that I really wanted a 30GB Video so I kept the replaced nano in its original wrapper that the Mac genius gave it to me in and decided that since it was new I could probably get some money for it. This ipod is brand new and has never been taken out of its original plastic wrapper, nor has it been used in any way. It is not a refurb or anything other than NEW. It doesn’t come with any accessories or the box because I seem to have misplaced the box and need the accessories for the old 2nd Gen ipod I am currently surviving with. You will be getting just the NEW Unit! I accept paypal only and am open to all offers. Please PM all offers -- no trades- sorry!

Thanks,
Jason

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2006, 05:54 PM

Apple reserves the right to replace items with refurbished items... not that I think your nano is refurbished, but there's really know way to know.

How much are you looking to get? When did you buy the original item? How much longer does the warranty have on it?

ImpulseResponse

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 1, 2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by GSixZero
Apple reserves the right to replace items with refurbished items... not that I think your nano is refurbished, but there's really know way to know.

How much are you looking to get? When did you buy the original item? How much longer does the warranty have on it?
Well basically i am just looking to get rid of it at a reasonable and fair price so i am pretty much open to all reasonable offer! THe first to put up a reasonable offer, will most likely get the item! I bought the original item about 6 months ago, so i would imagine that the remaining 6 months of warranty would carry over onto this replacment unit!

Anyone who is interested, please feel free to send me some offers!

macintologist
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2006, 06:18 PM

The rules state that you must post an asking price.

davoomac
Aug 1, 2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by macintologist
The rules state that you must post an asking price.
I'm interested, but I also would like to see your asking price.
13" Macbook-ipad 64GB WIFI-ipod nano 8GB

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 1, 2006, 06:40 PM

I was thinking around $125 ish shipped , depending on where i am shipping to!

macintologist
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Schneider
I was thinking around $125 ish shipped , depending on where i am shipping to!
wow

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 1, 2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by macintologist
wow
Is that a good WOW or a bad one!?!

macintologist
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2006, 11:08 PM

Is that a good WOW or a bad one!?!
A darn good one. Anyone dumb enough to not take your offer, well... is just that... dumb

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2006, 07:11 PM

Anyone?

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2006, 07:50 PM

125 shipped? for a 2gb nano holy **** if i didnt have 4 in my house youll have as a customer.
but being new apple products will be showcased this coming week it might be hard for you to actually sell it but best deal i have ever seen period.

bumo bumo bump

belfast-biker
Aug 2, 2006, 08:02 PM

People who use the word "L@@K" in an ad should be shot.

davoomac
Aug 2, 2006, 08:11 PM

you mentioned it comes with nothing but the ipod though right?
13" Macbook-ipad 64GB WIFI-ipod nano 8GB

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2006, 08:28 PM

Thats right, just hte brand new unit!

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2006, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by belfast-biker
People who use the word "L@@K" in an ad should be shot.

And thank you for that little bit of insight there

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 3, 2006, 08:29 PM

Is anyone gonna take me up on this great offer? Please show some intrest and send me some offers!

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2006, 10:30 PM

Come on guys this is quite a deal! Lets hear some offers!

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 4, 2006, 11:46 PM

serial number?

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2006, 10:38 AM

THe serial # is 5K6231AMTJT It appears that the warrenty is not extended or replacement ipods, however this ipod does hold the 1 year warrenty from the original purchase date of the ipod that was replaced. To put it simpler it has 140 days left in its warrenty period.

So anyone interested in this Brand new ipod for $125 shipped? Please let me know! Lets get some offers!

THanks,
Jason

Originally Posted by chippervw
serial number?

chipchen
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2006, 04:51 PM

You don't have the original packaging?

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2006, 05:41 PM

No,

At the time that i bought the ipod i was in the middle of a major house clean up and i pretty much either threw away anything that was causing clutter. I think i may have thrown out the box or may have just threw it in a closet, but to get to the point, no matter what i did with it i cant find it. At the time i didnt realize the importance of keeping retail boxes. Anyway please PM if you are interested because i really need to get rid of this so i can get my ipod video!

THanks,
Jason

sledsbehave
Senior User
Aug 8, 2006, 08:28 AM

$75 shipped?

considering, i gotta buy a charger cord and earbuds, that's another $40 at least before i can even work it...

do you have any pics?
as ever,
sonny

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2006, 09:42 AM

OK,

As i said no unfair offers. Do you really think i am going to sell a brand new ipod nano that retails for $200 for $75 shipepd. By the time im done with shipping fees and paypal fees its down to about $60. The lowest i can go is $125 shipped. So please no completely low ball offers like that. Anyone interested @ $125 shipped, let me know!

THanks,
Jason

JaNeDoe
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2006, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by sledsbehave
$75 shipped?

considering, i gotta buy a charger cord and earbuds, that's another $40 at least before i can even work it...

do you have any pics?
Thats just ridiculous!
13" (Black) MacBook: 2.0GHz/1.5GB/120GB/SuperDrive. --Lacie 500GB External Hard Drive.--Red Monster Sleeve--Radtech ScreensavR--Mighty Mouse.
80GB iPod [WHITE] with iSee
*PROVEHITO IN ALTUM*

bearcat2000
Aug 8, 2006, 03:27 PM

I know it seems low and harsh but the reality is your can by a refurb which is basically new with all the stuff that comes with it new for $129 shipped (+tax if applicable). For that you may as well just keep it.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Aug 8, 2006, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by bearcat2000
I know it seems low and harsh but the reality is your can by a refurb which is basically new with all the stuff that comes with it new for $129 shipped (+tax if applicable). For that you may as well just keep it.

for $140 tax and all, i can have a refurb from apple.com and my choice of colors, as well as the security that comes from buying from apple, rather than someone in a forums...

there is a certain amount of risk buying from an individual, that should be reflected in the price, you just aren't gonna be able to sell yr ipod for the same price as apple...

the offer was a legitimate one... i'm not sure how you expect anyone to use an ipod without a cable at the very least... the only ipods i've ever see without cable or earpuds were very suspect in the first place...

if it's so ridiculous, where are the better offers?
as ever,
sonny

sledsbehave
Senior User
Aug 8, 2006, 06:00 PM

OK,

As i said no unfair offers. Do you really think i am going to sell a brand new ipod nano that retails for $200 for $75 shipepd. By the time im done with shipping fees and paypal fees its down to about $60. The lowest i can go is $125 shipped. So please no completely low ball offers like that. Anyone interested @ $125 shipped, let me know!

THanks,
Jason
yr ipod does not retail for $200, it's missing the charger cable $20, the earpuds $20, and the retail box and all that comes with that, not to mention the 1 year manufacturer warranty.

lets be real about what yr offering, it's far from what i'd get for $200 or even $129 refurbished
as ever,
sonny

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2006, 06:04 PM

Actually i have had plenty of higher offers via PM. For your information #1 the one that you would be buying from apple would be refurb, where as this one is new. Next, when paying through paypal their is not all that much risk involved and i would appreciate it if you didnt call my offer suspect because it doesnt come with a cable and earphones. Your asking me how i expect anyone to use and ipod with out headphones and a cable, well chances are anyone who has ever bought an type of music player before in their life will have a pair of headphones lying around their house, heck even if you have ever flown on a plane and gotten the free headphones you have a pair in your house. As for the cable you can order one on ebay or else where for about $10 shipped so basically you are just lowballing me and rying to get a cheap ipod and justify the price, which is unreasonable. So why dont you go ahead and order your apple refurb and stop lowballing sellers!

THanks,
Jason

sledsbehave
Senior User
Aug 8, 2006, 06:10 PM

Actually i have had plenty of higher offers via PM. For your information #1 the one that you would be buying from apple would be refurb, where as this one is new. Next, when paying through paypal their is not all that much risk involved and i would appreciate it if you didnt call my offer suspect because it doesnt come with a cable and earphones. Your asking me how i expect anyone to use and ipod with out headphones and a cable, well chances are anyone who has ever bought an type of music player before in their life will have a pair of headphones lying around their house, heck even if you have ever flown on a plane and gotten the free headphones you have a pair in your house. As for the cable you can order one on ebay or else where for about $10 shipped so basically you are just lowballing me and rying to get a cheap ipod and justify the price, which is unreasonable. So why dont you go ahead and order your apple refurb and stop lowballing sellers!

THanks,
Jason
i wasn't lowballing, for reals

i think i explained why i was offering that price, to me buying from an individual who says something is new, is the same as refurb.

in other words, some refurb products are just open box and considering you don't have a box and have handled this, in apple's eye yrs is a refurb too...

i'm not real sure why i'm trying to explain myself

best of luck to ya
as ever,
sonny

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2006, 06:15 PM

Ok,

Well obviously things in your eyes are a little messed up because something that is new, is not at all the same a refurb. THis product is in its original wrapper and has never been touched or turned on for that matter. And btw how do you figure mine is a refurb in apples eyes if they gave it to me and told me it was new. YOu are making no sense here and i would appreciate if you just went ahead and bought for refurb and left my thread alone!

Thanks,
Jason

sledsbehave
Senior User
Aug 8, 2006, 10:27 PM

Ok,

Well obviously things in your eyes are a little messed up because something that is new, is not at all the same a refurb. THis product is in its original wrapper and has never been touched or turned on for that matter. And btw how do you figure mine is a refurb in apples eyes if they gave it to me and told me it was new. YOu are making no sense here and i would appreciate if you just went ahead and bought for refurb and left my thread alone!

Thanks,
Jason
i'm saying if apple sold yr ipod, it couldn't sell it as new, there is no packaging, no cable, no earbuds... this equals refurb in my eyes...

in other words, new is still in the box, it becomes a refurb or used even, the moment you remove it from the box...

messed up or not, that is why i made the offer i made.

it's yr ipod, sell it as you like... not a real big deal, i just wanted to be clear on why i made the offer i did.

sorry i junked up yr thread, i don't mean to thread crap, just making a legit offer.
as ever,
sonny

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 9, 2006, 11:52 PM

if you have higher offers, why don't you sell it to them?

every day that goes by it's worth less

Schneider  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 10, 2006, 12:58 AM

OK,

I am now ruducing my price to $120 shipped. I really just want to get rid of this so lets get some intrest!

Thanks,
Jason

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 03:34 AM

I gotta agree with the others on this and say it's a bit unreasonable to sell for this price when I can pay $9 more and get it factory sealed with all new accessories. Sure, it's refurbished, but have you ever bought a refurb product from Apple? They're excellent. I know an entire company who bought exclusively refurb Mac products and had nothing but success, along with countless personal consumers. The refurb iPods come in a brand new case with no scratches, factory tested to assure functionality, factory sealed with all accessories and a one year mfg. warranty. As opposed to the one you're selling, coming with no accessories, no factory box, and it's brand new, which mean it hasn't been tested for functionality as the refurbished ones have. Then the seller has to go online and buy a new cable and wait another week on that and go thru the additional hassle of purchasing.

I don't doubt you're an excellent seller and I know what it's like to try and squeeze all the value you can out of a sale, but you may want to rethink your price. For your sake though, I really do hope you sell!
2.3 GHz Intel i5 MacBook Pro
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

chipchen
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 04:27 AM

sdilley14, I don't think it's unreasonable... He can sell it for what he believes it's worth. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Besides... $9 off is 7-8% off... some people would love to save a few percent... (just look at the people on ebay!)

BTW, not ALL Apple refurb products are great... I've had personal experience with a refurb PowerMac G5, it was the worst looking computer I've ever seen in my life internally. In fact, it ended up with about 60% parts defective.

Unless he's selling for MORE than Apple, he's got the right to sell if for what he wants. Besides... it's not uncommon for people to list higher prices to have negotiation room.

magid
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 10, 2006, 09:37 AM

Yeah guys seriously why pics fights on an internet forum about a few dollars difference. He is selling his iPod which is basically new for an amazing price and for some reason you are being d1cks about it. People list their used 2gb ipods for like $140 and theres not crap on those threads. If you have a comment in this thread it should be an inquiry about buying it.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2006, 10:09 AM

at least you've received a lot of free bumps!

good luck.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Aug 10, 2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by magid
Yeah guys seriously why pics fights on an internet forum about a few dollars difference. He is selling his iPod which is basically new for an amazing price and for some reason you are being d1cks about it. People list their used 2gb ipods for like $140 and theres not crap on those threads. If you have a comment in this thread it should be an inquiry about buying it.
they have the charger cord, earbuds and box even...

an ipod with out the cable/charger is useless...

which one are you gonna buy? for $20 more you get carger cable and earpuds, w/box too...

i'm not just arguing, just defending my offer...
as ever,
sonny

Forum Links
Forum Rules