Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Conflict Catcher install problems

Conflict Catcher install problems
jefflash
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2001, 02:54 AM

I have a G4/450 (PCI) running MacOS9.0.4 Conflict Catcher 8.0.6, works fine. I tried installing CC 8.0.6 on my new G4/466, which came pre-installed with MacOS9.1, and I got errors and it wouldn't install. The G4/466 system has nothing on it besides what came preinstalled. CC gives me an error when it tries to install the Conflict Extension, says it can't install, and I have to quit the install application

I'm assuming this is a problem with 9.1, since it's worked fine on 9.0.4 machines; I know there are lots of wierd 9.1 bugs, though I can't be sure. The only other thing it could be is the partitions -- I have my 40GB drive partitioned into 6 drives, and that may be why it won't install, though I tried installing it both on the Startup partition and the main storage partition and got the same response. I've never seen a computer with multiple partitions and CC installed, but I can't see why that would be a problem.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions...

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2001, 11:30 PM

Well, there is an update to CC, up to 8.07. I have that running on three machines that have 9.1 installed. Of course, there's no OS 9.1 set yet. As to multiple partitions, the one computer that I have with 9.04 has two partitions, and that's got CC 8.07 running with no problems. I had CC installed before I upgraded to 9.1, so it may be that it won't install if 9.1 is already on the computer. That sounds very odd, though.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Jim Retzner
Jan 29, 2001, 01:18 AM

I've run CC 8.0.7 on my G4/350 with 9.0.4 installed with no problems. I've upgraded to 9.1 and CC 8.0.7 is working fine with it. It was installed via 9.0.4 when I upgraded to 9.1 so I can't address your question about not installing into 9.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules