Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Ipod Video ?

Ipod Video ?
malcolm347
Forum Regular
Dec 3, 2005, 11:58 PM

Im thinking about buying the larger (60gb) Ipod video. And before I do, is it good for watching movies ? Is the screen too small ? ANy input would be very helpful. And What are podcasts exactly ? Oh and one more thing is there any other brand of product that does the same thing the Ipod does I should look at b4 buying the Ipod video ?

Thanks,

Malcolm

malcolm347  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2005, 01:20 AM

Any help please ?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Dec 4, 2005, 02:15 AM

You hardly waited more than an hour for someone to reply. Be more patient.

Most people say it's too small for watching full length movies. A podcast is basically a recorded show you subscribe to, and every day your computer checks for a new episode and downloads it to your computer. iTunes will automatically load all podcasts on your iPod.

This is MacNN. You're not going to get any other recommendations other than the iPod.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2005, 03:27 AM

The iPod is probably best suited for watching TV rather than full length movies, but you can certainly do it. And the screen's actually not that small. Widescreen movies are on the tiny side, but you can certainly make everything out. Sure, if your main goal is to watch movies then there might be better options than the iPod. But if you want a great music player as well as something that can play video, the iPod is a great choice.

volcano
Senior User
Dec 5, 2005, 12:42 AM

I've watched a few of my full-length movies on my iPod (Garden State, Dr. Strangelove) and I didn't mind the screen size at all. A nice feature that the iPod has is the abilily to turn the widescreen mode on or off - and when I watch something for about 1 1/2 hours, it's nice to turn it off. Yes, you lose a little screen real estate - but I don't mind.

SuvsareRetarded
Banned
Dec 5, 2005, 02:34 AM

I'm sure the search button would have answered all of your questions.

Charlie 5
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 5, 2005, 10:16 AM

I bought a 5G iPod on Saturday and I love it. I was worried about the screen size but in the process of setting it up, I realised that, comparing it to the TV screen on the other side of the room, there's not that much difference. What I mean is that an iPod screen that's pretty near your face and a tv screen half a room away seemed to be roughly the same size.

I watched an hour long tv show on the train this morning with no problems and I'm as blind as a bat...!

I just wish people wouldn't peer over my shoulder to see what I'm watching. Either that or I'll have to start adding programmes with a bit more street cred!

Forum Links
Forum Rules