Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Certain Apps Quit.

Certain Apps Quit.
mpic
Mar 17, 2002, 06:55 PM

I'm having a problem with my new iMac. I installed a 512 SO DIMM that turned out to be bad. I have since removed it but ever since then iPhoto quits right after I launch it. Also Sherlock quits after its been running for a few minutes. They "Unexpectedly Quit" Every time. As I said I took out the new bad ram and re set the PRAM, and I even through away iPhoto and re-downloaded it, It still won't open. I haven't done anything else to this beast, anyone know what the problem is?
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]iMac G5 1.6GHz 768MB ram Dual Monitors
Powerbook Lombard 333Mhz[/FONT]

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2002, 07:54 PM

You could try trashing the preferences for those apps and see if that helps, or if worse comes to worse, reinstall the OS.

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2002, 08:51 PM

I've had similar problems on a new dual processor G4, which I initialized the disk and re-installed the entire system software from scratch when I first got it. However, the only apps that really affect me seem to be mail and Sherlock. I don't use iPhoto much, so it may quit unexpectedly often also if I used it. Strangely enough, this has just recently started to occur in the past week. I first noticed it with mail.app, and then Sherlock. I'll try trashing the preferences to those aps to see if that fixes anything. I've got Norton Antivirus 8 being shipped to me this next week, so hopefully I'll be able to make certain no viruse have made their way to my hard disk since I've purchased it...

Neo.cmg

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2002, 09:47 PM

I doubt its a virus if a lot of people are having this problem. It could be 10.1.3, or then again it could be the OS that ships on new Macs. I read at MacFixit that this was happening on iMacs and G4s from 2002 and the cause was a corrupt install at the factory.

Forum Links
Forum Rules