Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Crush my buildings in China and we're all happy~

Crush my buildings in China and we're all happy~
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2004, 12:09 AM

I saw a horse run through China one time...

Sealobo
Mar 1, 2004, 12:09 AM

huh? where is my message body~!?

Sealobo
Mar 1, 2004, 12:10 AM

Alright there you go...

My father has a village in southern China - you need to provide housing for those endless supply of cheap labour since they all come from the poor north. He started his production lines around that area long long time ago, 20 years maybe, could be more. After a while that area sorta became the hub of the industrial district.

Lately the local government official talked to my father, said that they're building a highway across the town and the current design overlaps with a part of my father's factories array. Those government officials did that on purpose; They will offer whatever it takes to rebuild/move the existing structures some place else as compensation, let's say 3 millions. And then... when they report to the higher level, they will personally add a million or two on top.

Similar stuff are happening everywhere in China.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 1, 2004, 12:54 AM

Just curious but why are you always posting about the millions of dollars around your family's business dealings?

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2004, 01:15 AM

i don't get it...
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 1, 2004, 02:04 AM

Originally posted by shabbasuraj:
i don't get it...
It's just a "MacNN blog" entry. One of those topics that don't really promote discussion but rather just serve as a log for people's thoughts. In other words, there's nothing to get.

Someone else used to do it quite a bit, I just can't remember who.

Sandbaggins
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2004, 03:27 AM

I used toilet paper today... of the 2 ply variety.

Bought it at Costco I think.

My cost me 1,499 pennies.

24 Rolls
15" 1.25/512/80/5400/SD/AE Aluminum Powerbook

talisker
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2004, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by shmerek:
Just curious but why are you always posting about the millions of dollars around your family's business dealings?
Because, although he's probably a really nice guy, he wants us to think he's a spoilt little ****. Don't know why.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Mar 1, 2004, 03:54 AM

In 2008 China will kick everyone's ass.

Sealobo
Mar 1, 2004, 04:44 AM

Originally posted by talisker:
Because, although he's probably a really nice guy, he wants us to think he's a spoilt little ****. Don't know why.
Nope, i am not a spoilt little ****. My father has stopped funding me quite a while ago. I am kinda working for him but he's not paying me. I guess he treats his employees better. My father is a traditional chinese man, and by tradition fathers always give their sons tough time as a way of education. I get the idea but i don't like it.

If some of you were sensitive about stories involving money, I can tell you about this good friend of mine who pays $35,000 USD per month for rent just for the sake of it... Or would it make you feel better if i multiplied all those $ with the number 0.01? You know... that way you might not give a dump anymore.

John F. Smith
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 1, 2004, 07:27 AM

another social climber from china rambling on about his dad's money? what's new?

Sealobo
Mar 1, 2004, 07:37 AM

Originally posted by John F. Smith:
another social climber from china rambling on about his dad's money? what's new?
I was actually born in a British coloney, i got my high school diploma from Geneva and my university degree from the North America. In fact, i have very little to do with China, although i am as chinese as one can get. What's new? check out my other thread about da NEW building i recently acquired...

andi*pandi
Mar 1, 2004, 09:13 AM

or you know, this thread could spawn a CONVERSATION, about china, about bad business practices, about government corruption, about fathers and sons. Why you kids must plusone� everything, I don't know.

sealobo, is the gov't trying to shut your dad down, or is the relocation just part of a money scheme on the part of the officials?

shmerek
Professional Poster
Mar 1, 2004, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by Sealobo:
Nope, i am not a spoilt little ****. My father has stopped funding me quite a while ago. I am kinda working for him but he's not paying me. I guess he treats his employees better. My father is a traditional chinese man, and by tradition fathers always give their sons tough time as a way of education. I get the idea but i don't like it.

If some of you were sensitive about stories involving money, I can tell you about this good friend of mine who pays $35,000 USD per month for rent just for the sake of it... Or would it make you feel better if i multiplied all those $ with the number 0.01? You know... that way you might not give a dump anymore.
The point is nobody "gives a dump" in the first place.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2004, 09:52 AM

Then there's no reason to bring it up or complain about it in the first place.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2004, 10:22 AM

lots of jealous mofos in here

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2004, 10:26 AM

Word.

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2004, 10:27 AM

to be fair, a friend of mines father is the 3rd richeset man in Asia. freakish. Dad dosent support her or her husband. I'm sure he'd help them out of a jam but not what I expected at all. tradition can be a bitc(h)

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2004, 10:39 AM

somebody has to own buildings.

may as well be a Mac user.

Forum Links
Forum Rules