Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Shirts to wear with a broken arm?

Shirts to wear with a broken arm?
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2004, 09:11 PM

A close friend of mine has a 5-year old who this past weekend broke his arm/elbow very badly. Required surgery. Everything went very smoothly and he's back home now; however, now it's the recovery time and my friend is having a terrible time trying to figure out how to put on a shirt on the child. Being 5, the pain is pretty bad and he crys just looking at his arm, let alone being asked to move it up or down or anywhere. The solution thus far is buying some tank tops, cutting off one of the straps on top and then cutting down the side of the tank to get it on the child. Using some simple velcro to tighten up the shirt once on. But, that doesn't work so well when it gets cold out or in the evenings.

Does anybody know of shirts that you can buy that are made for situations like this? Other ideas? So far, the only thing that I see working is something that can virtually "slip" on the child. I guess they tried buying a few shirts like 3 sizes too large and the pain of moving the arm up and down and getting the shirt on in general was too much to handle.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 16, 2004, 09:17 PM

Buy him a bunch of wife beaters.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2004, 09:21 PM

Overalls worked for us once.

They worked very well, in fact. OshKoshBgosh.

Other than that we slit the seam on the broken arm side and put self-stick velcro there so that the shirts simply opened up easily and could be closed with velcro.

Good luck!

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 17, 2004, 11:33 AM

The use of Velcro sounds like the best option. Very sorry to hear about you friends 5 year old son. A 5 year old is very resilient, so this problem shouldn't last long.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

gorickey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2004, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
Overalls worked for us once.
Makes sense, I'll pass that on for sure...

Thanks.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 17, 2004, 11:10 PM

a shirt with BOMB SQUAD on the back

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

gorickey  (op)
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2004, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by G4ME:
a shirt with BOMB SQUAD on the back

Forum Links