Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Which is the better choice?

Which is the better choice?
nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2006, 08:01 PM

Going to Target/CircuitCity tomorrow to pick myself out a new iPod! But I have stumbled across a few choices that's hard to decide which is better.

1. 30GB iPod U2

2. 80GB black iPod
--
If the iPod videos are out of stock...

3. 8GB Black nano

4. Green, blue nano

The Nano would be my considerations if they don't have any big iPods, but if they do then the Nanos are automatically "eliminated". But I have 2 side by side stores to check out, plus 2 Wal-Marts so the videos have to be somewhere.

So my real question would be is the U2 worth it, or should I get a black 80GB which is just a tad thicker? I'll prolly go with the 80GB, but just wondering.
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 23, 2006, 09:04 PM

Eighty

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2006, 09:25 PM

#2.

wilsonng
Senior User
Oct 24, 2006, 02:23 AM

if you have tons of videos/music, get the 80GB....

If you want to just listen to music and have the most portable device, the 8GB iPod nano....

I carry my 60GB iPod video when I am on long commutes via plane, train, or bus..... But most of the time I carry my 8GB iPod nano 'cuz it's not as cumbersome as the iPod video....

If you don't have a lot of music in your iTunes library then the 8GB nano is a nice way to carry alot of music (or all of it if it's small enough).

so it all depends on how you use it....

my cousin bought a 60GB iPod video but her audio collection only filled up 3 GBs and she doesn't know/want to know how to put videos on it..... She was better off with the 4GB or 8 GB nano....

But she was under the mystifying belief that bigger is better....
You can bend my ear. We can talk all day. Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say. -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2006, 08:20 AM

refurnished apple store for any of them
-original iMac, TiPB 400, Cube, Macbook (black), iMac 24ยจ, plus the original iPod and a black nano 4GB-

mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2006, 11:11 AM

I was going through the same dilemna as you - deciding whether to choose the 8GB Nano or the 30GB regular iPod. I realized I didn't have very many videos and it would be too much of a pain in the neck to convert the ones I already have to mp4 format, as well as watch them on that tiny screen...

So I got the Nano, and it's pretty damn cool.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 26, 2006, 11:18 AM

U2 baby! If you are a big U2 fan I guess. One thing about the U2 iPods is that they hold their value better than normal 30 gigs do, if you keep it nice.

rocky raccoon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2006, 11:27 AM

80gb video. you will get hooked on the poker game...

Forum Links
Forum Rules