Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Beware of zachmorrow

Beware of zachmorrow
brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Oct 28, 2006, 08:22 PM

We had a deal set up, I was to trade a Dell Optiplex GX100 for his iBook that was in rough condition, we agreed on it and agreed on ship dates of monday, but since i have access to a UPS shipper account i figured id just drop it off at the UPS drop box so it would go out monday morning, and i tell him im running to walmart to drop it off now an hour after the deal was finalized. I get this PM, I was lucky i didnt go into walmart like i was gonna

Originally Posted by zachmorrow
hello neisha,
i am sorry for this inconvience (and for my self) i cannot trade this item any longer. It is damaged to the point that it is trashed!!!! when i was packing it for shipment i had it on the edge my counter, didnt even come to mind, i put my stuff there. I was packing up everything, next thing i knew...it was on the ground literally in pieces, i dont feel good trading this, regardless of wut you say. So im just going to recycle it. Sorry!!!! i feel really bad, but as i said above i dont feel confortable trading this ibook in this condition. Terrible sorry!!! p.s: i was kinda looking forward to that dell also, but i guess that is what happens! good bye!
I was going to give the 15 year old a chance but not when stuff like this happens

Here is also the IM transcript

7:59 PM
brokecollege04:Id like the airport card then
8:00 PM
brokecollege04:I will give you a basic dell system for just the airport card
brokecollege04:i want the RAM, the Hard drive and airport card, along with the power brick
morr1991:no
morr1991:im not doing anything
morr1991:i have already told you
morr:1991im am sorry
brokecollege04:well im reporting this as a scam then
8:05 PM
brokecollege04:because thats what it was
morr1991:it isnt
brokecollege04:you got scared
morr1991:of what
morr1991:ok
morr1991:im not going to argue
brokecollege04:you can sell me the airport card and the ram and the hard drive out of it
brokecollege1991:cuz those dont just get damaged from a fall
morr1991:no im doing anything
morrr1991:yes it does
brokecollege04:you have no way of testing it
morr1991:when it drop from that height
morr1991:barley screwed in
brokecollege04:how completely stupid are you
morr1991:it busted apart ma'am
brokecollege04:ill offer you 50 bucks for whats left
morr1991:literel
brokecollege04:the airport card dont bust apart
morr1991:literally
morr1991:i no
morr1991:the card doesnt
brokecollege04:i want the airport card then
brokecollege04:ill pay you cash for it
morr1991:i have thrown it away
brokecollege04:sorry for the inconvience on both ends
brokecollege04: I dont appreciate being lied to
brokecollege04: can you produce pics of it in pieces
morr1991:that is destoryed also
morr1991:take my word
brokecollege04roduce pics please
morr1991:im not lieing
brokecollege04:we had a deal
brokecollege04:and you chickened out
brokecollege04:and now your lying to cover your butt up
morr1991:i dont have a digital camera the was on top of the ibook while i was packaging it
brokecollege04:lies lies and more lies
morr1991:when the ibook falls the camera fell because it was on top of it
morr1991:sorry miss
brokecollege04: this is really fishy how we had a deal and it mysteriously falls along with your digital camera falling and getting destroyed.
morr1991: im not lieing everything was destroyed and i have thrown it away

It just seems odd that after a deal is made and addresses are exchanged and then the item and the camera to take pictures of the item gets destroyed and all of a sudden is thrown away.. something isnt right here. He refused to take pics of the broken iBook or even accept any offers on the left over parts, he claimed it was all junk and he threw it away, now come on people what kind of person throws away a mac that could have perfectly good parts in it?? Just dont want anyone else to get scammed by this yahoo... I had everything packed and ready to ship to him.. was gonna drop it in the USPS mail in the morning.. Glad I didnt.. Dont need to be scammed..
( Last edited by brokecollegestudentF04; Oct 28, 2006 at 09:17 PM. Reason: edited for content)

zachmorrow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 08:42 PM

i have a couple comments to make. BrokecollegeF04 is not very honest, but seems to be honest in her trading and in what she says! if she makes you an offer go for it she isnt going to rip you off. But she make a deal out of nothing, i PM'd her (as you see in the quote above) and you see in the instant message! that was all said. The iBook infact was accidentally knocked of my kitchen counter while i was getting ready to box it up and get the shipping label printed out! I was using my camera before that, i was taking a picture of something else, then i set it on the ibook, the next thing i hear is a loud sound and my ibook and camera are both trashed! she doesnt have any reason to post a thread on this because she doesnt have proof. I wanted to go threw with this trade, because i just wanted to get rid of it!!! i did tell her that i wasnt going to trade/sell anything because our deal was a whole package, i didnt feel confortable trading something that i cant test or know for sure if it works (airport card)!! this is for her sake and mine! please be aware that i am not a scammer!

hookem2oo7
Senior User
Oct 28, 2006, 08:45 PM

i guess time will tell...if you ship back the item she traded...

brokecollegestudentF04  (op)
Banned
Oct 28, 2006, 08:46 PM

I was lucky It didnt go out yet i was just about to head down and drop it off at the UPS drop at walmart

nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 08:48 PM

Yeah, it's really obvious. Only thing is, I don't see why all of a sudden he decided to keep the iBook. He was getting an offer for an Optiplex for just a silly AirPort card and decided to *throw that away* as well. He just doesn't seem right in the head

Is he a junior or senior member?
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2006, 08:50 PM

I fail to see the issue with the PM. I can't tell about the IM transcript since the grammar is so bad, so I'll assume that everything really is ok.

brokecollegestudentF04  (op)
Banned
Oct 28, 2006, 08:54 PM

he just backed out really quick, cuz i told him i was heading out to drop the box off at the UPS drop at walmart and looks like he figured id come home read that and realize id been screwed. Im glad i checked my macnn before i left, kind of an addiction for me, and as for wanting the airport card, I did want one because i got a half a clamshell coming to fix my beat up one so i figured it would be nice to have an airport card, and the optiplex i got from the MSU surplus sale for cheap and its a peecee so it had to go newayz

zachmorrow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 09:35 PM

It is a good thing that she didnt ship it, because then it would have been a waste of my money to ship it back. well im going to put this in the past. so what if i dont have good grammar on AIM, it is instant messaging you dont have to be typing in MLA format! duh

xfiftyfour
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2006, 09:36 PM

I don't really see this as a scam. Where is the scam? A scam would have been if he'd let you ship, and then sent you a broken iBook afterall. This was just him backing out of a deal? Deals online are not contracts. I'd say that at any point before actual money or items are exchanged, either party can decide not to follow through.

Do I think his story was a little convenient? Yes. Do I think this means that some foul play was happening or being planned? No.

This thread seems like more of a scam than what was done to you, brokecollegestudentF04. Why slander someone when nothing harmful or deceitful was actually done???
15.4-inch Glossy 2.6Ghz MBP w/ 4GB RAM
Dell 2407wfp || (2) 500GB MyBooks || 8GB iPhone w/ SE420s

zachmorrow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 09:39 PM

thank you!!! ^ that is what i mean!

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 28, 2006, 10:27 PM

There are nice people called moderators. Take your disputes there.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Forum Links
Forum Rules