Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ibook g4 Brightness question

Ibook g4 Brightness question
Printman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2004, 05:22 PM

I am an Ibook G4 newbie actually a laptop newbie and I have a question about the backlight.
When my Ibook wakes from sleep it takes a few seconds to get to the right brightness. I know lcd displays are not supposed to have a warm-up so I was just wondering is this normal
Other then that I love my Ibook

Thanks
Matt

cryon
Feb 20, 2004, 06:46 PM

I do not know why, but all my laptops and my friends soes like that, it take 5-10 sek to get full backlight. so I suppose its perfectly normal.
iBook G4 800mhz 12", 640mb ram, 60gb hdd, AirPort Extreme, Internal Bluetooth with osx 10.3.2 Panther
Palm Tungsten|T, TI-OMAP 144 MHz, 512mb SD, Internal Bluetooth with Palm OS 5.0

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2004, 11:46 PM

It's normal, pretty much every laptop has it. Even my 17" Powerbook. Don't worry about it, 5 second is not that long of a wait for your display to adjust itself again...

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

gigglebyte
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2004, 04:25 AM

you have to remember that there is a CCFL light that is lighting the display up...it is just like a flourescent light in an office...they don't just turn on like a incadecent bulb does...there is a little bit of warm up that has to happen so don't worry about it...if it starts to take longer and longer to warm up then I would start to wonder...something else to remember about any LCD is it takes apx 30 minutes for them to warm up
iBook 14" G4 933, 640Meg, 60GB, BT, APX

Forum Links
Forum Rules