Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Would like to get a Palm LifeDrive. Questions.

Would like to get a Palm LifeDrive. Questions.
iomatic
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2005, 07:28 PM

As stated, I'm pondering a Palm LifeDrive to store my digital photos for a vacation trip to avoid having to lug my PowerBook (I know--blasphemy!) How's the lifedrive in this regard; I have a USB 2.0 cable, and a a Sony DSC-P200, as well as a MemoryStick reader. I'd use my iPod photo, but the transfer speed and battery drain seems severe. Anyone have any real world usage tips, advice, etc.?

Thanks.

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2005, 02:04 AM

From what I understand, the Lifedrive is currently plagued with bugs.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2005, 10:49 AM

Why not get an Ipod and the camera adapter. It will work better, cost less, more storage and you can display the images on a TV.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

iomatic  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2005, 12:18 PM

Yeah; I tried that on a short trip recently, but transferring 100+ images, I was dismayed seeing the battery drain on both devices; on the iPod and the CyberShot (hooha--what an outdated name). I was surprised, as I did read the reports, but ignored them.

I guess I'll live with that combo though, since I did get an iGo, which works great for multiple devices like iPod, cameras, and gaming and small handheld devices. Unfortunately, I can't figure out why their (more plentiful) tips for this one don't fit their notebook adapter chargers. If you want to travel light, carry this one charger and your three or six digital gadgets.

I feel I should've opened this conversation up to 'what do people use to transfer images while travelling, besides a PowerBook?'

Thanks.

iomatic  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2005, 12:22 PM

Also, does this mean I have to carry a TV adapter? PAL (NTSC?) in Mexico? Aiieee-- I think I'll stick with light travel...? Other suggestions?

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
Why not get an Ipod and the camera adapter. It will work better, cost less, more storage and you can display the images on a TV.

AC Rempt
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2005, 10:50 PM

I would look at some PDA sites, like Brighthand for the low down on how the LifeDrive works.

iomatic  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2005, 11:55 PM

Actually, the DualPower adapter that comes with the iGo Everywhere Power 3500 Accessory charger works with the iGo Juice 70 (that runs PowerBooks et al.). So. I could carry everything, but ultimately, still only carry one AC charger.

Dunno what you're trying to tell me exactly, AC.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2005, 12:27 AM

Why not transfer the photos when the devices are charging? I'd not go on any trip without bringing along a charger for my a) cell phone b) camera c) iPod.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

iomatic  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2005, 07:47 PM

True, true. Actually they emailed me back, and indeed, the DualPower Accessory does work with the Juice (yay!) Also, you can charge two items with the 3500, so you're right. I'm an iDiotâ„¢.

Forum Links
Forum Rules