Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The new weather thread

The new weather thread (Page 14)
Thorzdad
Apr 17, 2024, 09:34 AM

I’ve only been to Canada once. During high school, our class did a bird-watching trip to Point Pelee. It was pretty fun.

andi*pandi
Apr 18, 2024, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I’d love to visit urban Canada.

Right before high school I went canoeing in the wilderness(ish) for a week. Didn’t enjoy it much. Partially due to callowness, partially due to not being athletically up to the task.

The fresh northern pike was my favorite memory, but I was extremely hungry.
it seems like Toronto would not be far for you to visit. We had a lot of fun there. Ottawa was surprisingly nice (we focused on art). Montreal and Quebec are also great. Nova Scotia and PEI are not urban but lovely. (We have done a lot of driving in canada.)

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 18, 2024, 10:22 PM

My wife and I have a fairly near-term plan for a big vacation. We live in San Antonio, Texas, but I grew up in Southeastern Michigan. There is SO MUCH absolutely cool stuff in Michigan that I want to show her. So we’re looking at an early summer trip to the Traverse City area (before it’s full of people there for the Cherry Festival), and the whole northwest corner of the Lower Peninsula. We also want to go to Toronto for a few days.

My wife’s first visit to Canada was to Windsor. Honestly, Windsor is a nice place, but it’s not going to “wow” someone with it’s “Canadian-ness”, especially since it’s a lot like the Michigan side of the border, but cleaner…and there are these maple leaves on all the signs… But going east through Ontario definitely shows off the province, and Toronto is, well, Toronto.

Anyway, on the weather scene, we’re headed to Galveston this weekend, and the weather is predicted to be in the 70s to 80s, with anywhere from 40%-60% chance of rain. Or thunderstorms. Or whatever. Considering our first trip there coincided with a smallish tropical storm washing through, we’re not too concerned. It’s just that this type of weather, while not exactly odd for Galveston, is not “in season,” so to speak. This sort of stuff is usually a February-March thing in my experience…

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Thorzdad
Apr 20, 2024, 06:42 AM

I’ve needed repair work to my house’s exterior, which will entail removing the siding for a couple of days. The contractor hasn’t been able to start work because the weather forecast is such that we can’t confidently get two consecutive days with no rain or storms.

Forum Links
Forum Rules