Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Buying a macbook this weekend.. help

Buying a macbook this weekend.. help
HyperX
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2007, 01:31 PM

I am about to buy a mac book this weekend. I already have a Mac Pro. I want to move all my apps to the MacBook - including the settings. Do I just drag the application folder over? I still want to use my Mac Pro - Mac Book is for when I am on the road. Also - is there a good synch program. I would like to synch my xpad notes on both computers.

Second issue, I use Verizon wireless (EVDO) connection. MacBook doesnt really have any options except for the USB one. People are telling me the USB EVDO card sucks - drops connections, etc. Any suggestions? I guess I could just use t-mobile hot spots or whatever.

Thanks
Dan
--
Mac Pro 3.0 Gigahertz Xeon 8 gig RAM
Mac Air 128 gig SSD

sideus
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2007, 01:43 PM

HyperX  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 2, 2007, 01:47 PM

Ok thanks for that - I knew about that - but I was worried it would somehow mess up my original Mac Pro.

Do you know if this procedure moves plugins, like DIVX codecs, etc? Thanks so much and sorry for the noob questions.
--
Mac Pro 3.0 Gigahertz Xeon 8 gig RAM
Mac Air 128 gig SSD

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2007, 05:51 PM

One "gotcha" with this I encountered from the past is that the new computer will more or less have the same identity as the Mac it was cloned from. This caused me a bit of trouble with printer sharing since (after changing the Computer's name) it still insists on looking for its "old name." :-|

Forum Links
Forum Rules