Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MAIL CRASHING -- (exchange/directory access)

MAIL CRASHING -- (exchange/directory access)
edge.it
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2007, 01:21 PM

just updated to 10.5 and after four + days i have had my first bug! YEEEHAWWW (yearight). anyway i was tinkering around in directory access to try to get my computer on my companies domain, and finally figured out it was as simple as clicking a + sign and adding a few words. after i did this and rebooted, i was able to connect my window shares, which was my iniitial goal, but this spawned a whole new issue.

once on the domain/workgroup(whatever one wnats to call it on a mac machine) when i open mail and it tries to retrieve messeges from our exchange server it crashes.
reopen--> crash.
reboot -->reopen -->crashes.
directory access --> delete my active direcory server, reboot and mail works fine. (so strange cause you would think it would work better in the domain where the exchange server is, but no it cause some conflict).

so to reittereate, when active directoy is on in directory access my exchange
mail account crashes, when AD is deactivated my exchange mail account works fine.

what other info do you all need?

macpro 2.66 | 4GB | 7 TB
macbook pro 2.4i5 | 4GB | 500GB 7200rpm
technic 1210 M5G

HyperX
Forum Regular
Nov 4, 2007, 04:03 PM

I had same issue. I went to Thunderbird. Mail has become very unstable after upgrade. As a matter of fact, when working with gmail IMAP, when I send a message, the message is broken up into 5-7 pieces sent seperately. Not sure why. Doesn't do this with Thunderbird.
--
Mac Pro 3.0 Gigahertz Xeon 8 gig RAM
Mac Air 128 gig SSD

Forum Links
Forum Rules