Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > battery issues - two different iphones

battery issues - two different iphones
HyperX
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2008, 07:52 PM

I bought an iPhone for myself and my wife. Same apps loaded on both, except I also synch with Exchange on top of gmail. I changed settings so the exchange sync happens manually. Here is the issue. My wife charges her iphone, and it still shows a nearly full charge (from this am). I am already on less than quarter. Do you think I have a faulty Iphone? Should I take it in, or is this normal?

I guess I may have been in areas where reception was poorer, so the iphone used more juice. I could also have had a few more phone calls (but short). But still, in my opinion its a dramatic difference.

I read that the battery gets a little better after a few recharges. I am only on recharge 4.

If I do have to take it back, is it pretty easy to reload my backup and restore all settings or is it a start from scratch?
--
Mac Pro 3.0 Gigahertz Xeon 8 gig RAM
Mac Air 128 gig SSD

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 4, 2008, 04:26 AM

Have you calibrated the battery?

The first thing you do on any rechargeable-battery-driven device is to completely charge the battery, then let it *completely* drain, and then completely charge it again (some people swear this should be done three times, but from what I hear, once is enough).

If you don't do that, the charging hardware has no idea where the maximum and minimum battery capacity are, and can't adjust for that.

Battery life will usually be much improved if you calibrate the battery once when you get the device, and every two or three months afterwards.

Forum Links
Forum Rules