Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > LaCie Electron Blue 19" Monitor, is it good?

LaCie Electron Blue 19" Monitor, is it good?
davidflas
Mac Elite
Apr 16, 2002, 12:21 AM

My father is going to order a 1Ghz DP G4 tomorrow and he wants a top quality 19" CRT monitor to go with it. I understand that this is a good one. Does anybody have one of these? Any others that are better for similar money? Thanks for the help!
2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Apr 16, 2002, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by davidflas:
<STRONG>My father is going to order a 1Ghz DP G4 tomorrow and he wants a top quality 19" CRT monitor to go with it. I understand that this is a good one. Does anybody have one of these? Any others that are better for similar money? Thanks for the help! </STRONG>
I have the older 21" which is very similar. The LaCie monitors are excellent.

zilmer
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 16, 2002, 10:11 AM

Electron 22 Blue - absolutely perfect!

lunaticbunny
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2002, 10:29 PM

i bought the 19"er, best monitor i've used, especially when compared to the apple 17" lcd. and the hood thing that comes with the lacie makes the monitor look ultra cool...
17" PowerBook 1.33GHz
1GB Ram

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Apr 17, 2002, 08:29 AM

The LaCie monitors are actually Mitsubishis, which (if you read my response to the 17" ADC thread) you know I love.

The Electron19 is the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 920, the Electron22 is the Diamond Pro 2060u. The Mitsubishis are beige, not blue, but are usually cheaper.

tooki

<realeyz>
Apr 18, 2002, 02:12 AM

I bought one of the electron22blueIII monitors and I really love it. I have had many 21" monitors and I am VERY picky about convergence and detail, and specifics of monitor capabilities. I have been a Graphics Pro for 10 years and this monitor has surpassed every monitor I have used.

And LaCie is only a mile from my house which is a huge plus since I picked it up in my truck and so I have support that is very close (but i highly doubt I will ever need it)

I cant speak highly enough about these fine products, and In a sea of really poorly manufactured and calibrated monitors this is a shining star.

GET ONE!!

realeyz
Apr 18, 2002, 02:16 AM

I bought one of the electron22blueIII monitors and I really love it. I have had many 21" monitors and I am VERY picky about convergence and detail, and specifics of monitor capabilities. I have been a Graphics Pro for 10 years and this monitor has surpassed every monitor I have used.
And LaCie is only a mile from my house which is a huge plus since I picked it up in my truck and so I have support that is very close (but i highly doubt I will ever need it)

I cant speak highly enough about these fine products, and In a sea of really poorly manufactured and calibrated monitors this is a shining star.

GET ONE!! - You wont regret it.
realeyz imaging
animation | 3D modeling | visual effects | web design | illustration

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Apr 18, 2002, 02:33 PM

They are damn good monitors.
As stated by tooki, they use the Mitsubishi Diamontron tube, but when I was looking for my 19, it had a built-in USB hub and the Mitsubishi didn't. The hub comes in VERY handy!
Also, they have a 5 year warranty, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Oh, and the colour matches my G4/400
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Forum Links
Forum Rules