Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Another McDonald's beat down.

Another McDonald's beat down.
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 22, 2011, 04:38 PM

What the heck is going at McDonald's lately? Is there something in the food/drinks? There was an incident caught on a cell camera a fews weeks ago. Then there was the fight on "Hiring Day". Now this video of two women beating a third until she begins to have a seizure, all the while the male employees stand and watch.
LiveLeak.com - Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2011, 09:23 AM

Looks like quite the bumper crop of violent racist losers.
They will make fine McDonalds employees.
Just as cool headed, mature and articulate as we've come to expect from all the minority run fast food joints.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 26, 2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Looks like quite the bumper crop of violent racist losers.
They will make fine McDonalds employees.
Just as cool headed, mature and articulate as we've come to expect from all the minority run fast food joints.
Wow, zero to race card in 1 post flat.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2011, 12:48 PM

It's funny how certain people assume that when someone white gets a beatdown at the hands of someone black that it had to be motivated by race. And then use that as an opportunity to make disparaging remarks about minorities in general. Especially when 30 seconds worth of effort would show that beatdown occurred because the victim was a transgendered "woman" ... and apparently the girls that did the beating didn't take too kindly to a man being in the women's bathroom. Violent and reprehensible? Without question. Racist? There's nothing to indicate that.

Baltimore County McDonald's beating video goes viral - Baltimore Sun

OAW

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2011, 01:10 PM

I think incidents like this have been happening since the dawn of time, only now everyone has a camcorder in their pocket and a way to instantly share them with the world.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
I think incidents like this have been happening since the dawn of time, only now everyone has a camcorder in their pocket and a way to instantly share them with the world.
This. /thread

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
It's funny how certain people assume that when someone white gets a beatdown at the hands of someone black that it had to be motivated by race.
So, what if it had been whites, handing out a beat down to a black person?

You would have screamed "racism" like a little girl.

-t

Chongo  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2011, 01:21 PM

It's funny how certain people assume that when someone white gets a beatdown at the hands of someone black that it had to be motivated by race. And then use that as an opportunity to make disparaging remarks about minorities in general. Especially when 30 seconds worth of effort would show that beatdown occurred because the victim was a transgendered "woman" ... and apparently the girls that did the beating didn't take too kindly to a man being in the women's bathroom. Violent and reprehensible? Without question. Racist? There's nothing to indicate that.

Baltimore County McDonald's beating video goes viral - Baltimore Sun

OAW
Since the victim is transgender, does it make it homophobic?
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 26, 2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
I don't know what the hell that would make it, but why are people trying to label the hell out of this? Intellectually lazy? Leading?

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2011, 01:30 PM

This whole thread is McDonaldsist.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Apr 26, 2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
This whole thread is McDonaldsist.
It's like someone poured a scalding cup of pointless in my lap.

Expect a lawsuit.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2011, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
I think you're just jealous that people organize and take the initiative to franchise one of the most popular and lucrative fast food chains in the world. You look down your nose on someone working at McDonald's not realizing that the guy or gal in the white shirt, tie, and manager's pin is making six figures while you stuff your face with their Big Macs.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
So, what if it had been whites, handing out a beat down to a black person?

You would have screamed "racism" like a little girl.

-t
Of course you would say that. Unfortunately for you, the facts say otherwise.

OAW

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2011, 03:46 PM

Rrrrriiiiggght.

-t

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Perhaps, but it's hard to say at this point. The impression I get from all the articles I read is that the teen girls who beat this person actually thought it was a man (albeit one dressed as a woman) in the women's restroom. Beyond that, the term "transgender" is pretty nebulous at best ....

transgender: identified with a gender other than the biological one
So if that means a man that dresses as a woman ... well then maybe. But wait ... "cross dressers" aren't necessarily "transgender". A guy might just like to wear women's panties but doesn't necessarily self-identify as female. So it's kind of hard for someone to distinguish between the two in a situation like that. But if this term means a man that is living as a woman ... well then probably not. This person could have been pre-op or post-op ... but how would a person on the outside know one way or the other in a situation like that? Or maybe they have no intentions of having surgery in which case you are back at trying to distinguish between a "transgendered" individual and a "cross dresser. Now having said all that ... let's keep it real here. The African-American community as a whole is certainly not one of the more tolerant when it comes to homosexuality.

So what does it mean when two teen girls beat a man dressed as a woman for being in the women's bathroom? What's the motivation? If they would commit the same violent act if it were a man dressed as a man then one would be hard pressed to say it's motivated by homophobia. But if not and they only attacked because of the added factor of them viewing the person as gay then yes.

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2011, 08:04 PM

There's almost certainly an element of transphobia involved. Trying to figure out what part is or is not homophobia seems like splitting hairs.

Montezuma58
Senior User
Apr 26, 2011, 09:50 PM

CollinG3G4
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2011, 10:41 PM

It's funny how certain people assume that when someone white gets a beatdown at the hands of someone black that it had to be motivated by race.
Yeah right. If the skin colors were reversed, Jessie Jackson would have demanded an apology, Obama would be planning a makeup summit, and CNN would be airing a 50 part special entitled Only White People Engage In Race Motivated Crimes Because They Are So Damn Racist.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2011, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
I think you're just jealous that people organize and take the initiative to franchise one of the most popular and lucrative fast food chains in the world. You look down your nose on someone working at McDonald's not realizing that the guy or gal in the white shirt, tie, and manager's pin is making six figures while you stuff your face with their Big Macs.
I think I threw up a little in my mouth. That's just nasty, dude.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by CollinG3G4 View Post
Yeah right. If the skin colors were reversed, Jessie Jackson would have demanded an apology, Obama would be planning a makeup summit, and CNN would be airing a 50 part special entitled Only White People Engage In Race Motivated Crimes Because They Are So Damn Racist.
The fact of the matter is that violent crime that crosses racial lines is fairly rare. Not saying there aren't thousands of cases per year in a country as large as the US. Just saying that relative to the numbers of cases that occur within racial groups it's by far the minority. And of those, the ones that garner media attention for being racially motivated are even rarer still. There are plenty of cases that occur every year that involve white perpetrators and black victims and you don't hear a peep out of activists like Jackson or Sharpton. Especially when the "perpetrators" are police. Because the circumstances of the case don't reflect an obvious racial motivation. My only point here is that some try to equate the MOTIVATIONS of situations where rednecks drag a black man to his death while chained to their pickup with situations where a black car jacker shoots a white couple after stealing their car. Certainly the victims are just as dead (which is why I'm rather ambivalent about "hate crime" legislation") ... but even Stevie Wonder can see that some situations are motivated by racial hatred while others are motivated by simple criminality ... even when they all cross racial lines.

OAW

Forum Links
Forum Rules