Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > worst item on your set up?

worst item on your set up? (Page 2)
slimshady023
Forum Regular
Aug 13, 2004, 10:03 PM

My crappy DSL. 12k uploads just doesn't cut it when you do websites for a living.

fireside
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2004, 10:22 PM

my desk.

faragbre967
Senior User
Aug 14, 2004, 07:28 AM

Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. Worst by far of the things I've bought for my computer. The thing clicks out at least twice a day on me, it'll just stop working and I'll have to unplug the receiver and plug it back in. And when I start my computer up, it never remembers my mouse speed settings, so I have to switch it from fastest possible to something usable. Never buying Logitech again.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2004, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by fireside:
my desk.
Metal, plastic, wood, or wood veneer?

:XI:
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2004, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by drive-thru:
My 19" IIyama FST monitor which horizontally squashes the image towards to right hand side of the display.
My 17" IIyama FST monitor which horizontally squashes the image towards the left hand side of the display (yes, really!)

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2004, 11:15 AM

Well the DeskJet 952C that my sister bought for college six years ago is ancient, but it still works great.

My PowerShot S200 is lagging a bit... I really need a bit more megapixelage out of a digital camera nowadays.

fireside
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2004, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by demograph68:
Metal, plastic, wood, or wood veneer?
http://www.officedepot.com/ddMain.do...CT_807_FM_7349

ThisGuy
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2004, 02:33 PM

hooked to my G5 and the piece of shite is popping and clicking like crazy lately. somebody buy me this already

::edit::
oh yeah, and the Epson Photo 825 that collects dust on my desk. 'tis a complete piece of crap. after owning 3 Epson printers i will NEVER own another one. they are loud, clog easily and do not produces good quality prints. i am done. thank you for your time.

digiology2
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2004, 08:16 PM

well for those of you who was wondering (i knew it had to exist):
http://www.sharonausten.com.au/conte...&tid=3&id=3462

Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2004, 08:27 PM

My Microsoft wireless router.

It likes to drop my bloody connection every hour or so sometimes.

My advice to people, stay away from Microsoft wireless.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2004, 08:36 PM

Hmm... well, there are a few items that I would like to replace, but I don't think I really need to.

My speakers are weak. They're not THAT bad if you're sitting at the desk, but they are just too quiet and puny to do much.

My hard drives are both sitting on a shared ATA/66 bus, so it would be cool if I could get an ATA/133 card or even a Serial ATA card for my computer, but I don't think it's really worth it. My hard drives are doing fine.

A nice M-audio Revolution 7.1 sound card would be sweet, but I don't really need it. It would also involve buying a set of speakers to really take advantage of the sound card.

I have an old printer and an old scanner, but they both work fine.

I have thought of replacing my 17" CRT with a 17"-19" LCD, but it would cost way too much, and my 17" CRT is really good anyway.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2004, 08:43 PM

The new Apple keyboards suck worse than before. The new one is so sharp and rough, there is no smoothness. It is all sharp edges. And you've got that ugly thing above the arrow keys. Ew. I'm gettn me a Tactile Pro soon. A silver version is coming.

Overall, my iMac. When I first got it two years ago, it was fine. I did the average noob stuff. Then I got into modding, then Photoshop, and now I'm working an internship off it. 800MHZ and 512 RAM don't cut it! On top of that, the piece of **** just died on me awhile back. The screen went black. $500 later, we had a new logic card. Woops. Looks like the neck was bad too. Damn proprietary design! I'm in debt $600 dollars!

Hopefully if some coal deals go through, I'll have a G5 and a Cinema Display my January, with some pocket cash from work. Hopefully.

MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2004, 08:58 AM

I was going to say 'me' but someone beat me to it.

Umm.... whats sucks in my set-up.... nothing really. I guess I could use a backpack with a spot for a laptop, but my Marware sleeve works fine enough in a standard backpack.

12in Powerbook rev c, 80 GIG, DVD-R, 768 RAM. BT logitech mouse, iSight, 10 GIG iPod second gen, the previous Apple pro keyboard, an S400 Canon 4MP digital Camera, a LinkSys wireless G router, a 250 gig external firewire HD, a USB 2.0 digital media reader.... I mean, honestly, with this kind of setup the only thing keeping me back is me and my lack of skill. Heck, I've even got my webpage hosted off a B&W G3, a webpage which has a domain of my own name! (Plus a B&W G3 sitting next to it with 800+ gigs of storage space on it that I use with my college roomies.)

How lame I am.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2004, 12:12 PM

I like my setup

Maybe the MS Intellimouse Explorer. It was good like 5 years ago, however. (Of course, everything else now in my setup is no longer being made, except for my iSight)

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
That would be a vibrator.

Same thing, but motorized.
Oh yes, I know...just wondering why else a dildo would need USB power...
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by ender2002:
no. it doesnt vibrate. it just glows. there is a blue led in it. actually, its quite useful. i use it for scrubbing in imovie and adjusting the volume. oh wait. its a powermate.

im sure there are usb dildos/vibrators out there.
oh.

"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

malcolmj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2004, 04:43 PM

I hate them. Anyone want to give me iSticks?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2004, 05:14 PM

I am now taking G5 donations. Thx.

fireside
Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2004, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by malcolmj:
I hate them. Anyone want to give me iSticks?
whats "them?"

Forum Links
Forum Rules