Prior to my reception of this mac i had been a windows fanboy, you might say - although I had plans on switching to GNU/Linux.
Moving on, I have a WLAN running in my house and I need my PowermacG3 (running panther with an AirPort) to connect so I may use the internet on it. Here is the situation:
- the AirPort detects the network
- i KNOW i have the proper password
- the network is using WEP 128-bit encryption
- the mac gives me two options for 128-bit (hex and ASCII) of which I have tried both, however I'm under the impression i should just use WEP Password
- the connection DOESN'T work
as for that,
- "Built-in Ethernet...The cable for Built-in Ethernet is not plugged in"
so my question is multiple choice:
a) what am I doing wrong?
b) what am I missing?
c) what do I have to buy?