Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > a/c adapter malfunction ?

a/c adapter malfunction ?
teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2004, 06:10 PM

the plug light on my new 12" powerbook a/c adapter flashes green. this usually occurs sometime after it turns orange to green. is this 'normal' or is it some sort of signal that something is wrong? please and thanks.

nate_02
Senior User
Aug 7, 2004, 06:30 PM

I would think that the adapter isn't making a consistent connection to your PB. You may need to have your adapter relaced. If you have an Apple store nearby, take it to the genius bar and see if their adapters do the same thing.
-nate

wei
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2004, 11:19 PM

Mine have another issue, which the adapter stop charging or powering my PB after some times (more than 8hrs atlease). The green light just goes off. And i hav to re-plug it to my PB then it goes on again. Is this normal?

It happen when i left my PB to sleep for overnight, and power from the ac adapter.
MacPro, MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacMini, iPad, iPhone, and much more...

Oneota
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 11:49 PM

I've had something similar to that happen - Apple blames it on the wiring (something about a ground overload or something to that effect). I occasionally have to unplug my adapter from the wall and plug it back in. Kind of annoying.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

wei
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2004, 02:05 AM

As long as it doesnt mean any serious problem then it is fine. Although its troublesome.
MacPro, MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacMini, iPad, iPhone, and much more...

Forum Links
Forum Rules