Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > A clock in the dock?

A clock in the dock?
ksloan2
Apr 2, 2006, 07:21 AM

This used to be a standard application of OS X, if I remember correctly, but I can't find it now.

Does anyone know where I can get it?

I've been Googling a bit, but so far I've only found some total overkill "world clock" application.

EDIT: Found pretty much exactly what I want, but damn... shareware coders for OS X must be nuts. $20 for an alarm clock? http://macalarmclock.com//screenshots/ Pfft, not a chance!
( Last edited by eobet; Apr 2, 2006 at 07:30 AM. )

ShotgunEd
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2006, 08:22 AM

IIRC in date and time in sys prefs there is a toggle for show clock in menu bar or dock.

ksloan2  (op)
Apr 2, 2006, 09:03 AM

In my OS X 10.4.5 it seems that it is restricted to menu bar or desktop. Not the dock.

Anyway, this digital alarm clock thing is perfect for my needs. I guess we'll see how often the nag comes up. If it's once a day, I think I can live with it.

I'd still like to get tips about free alternatives if anyone has them!

Forum Links
Forum Rules