Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Jumpy (not slow) Flash in Safari

Jumpy (not slow) Flash in Safari
Krypton
Mac Elite
May 13, 2006, 05:39 AM

This has bothered me for a while, but I've not had time to insvestigate; when I scroll a page containing Flash in Safari, the Flash content is not in sync with the rest of the page and seems to lag behind the scrolling a little. This is with Safari 2.0.3 and both Flash v8 or 9.

Thus it appears to jump around in the page. Is this the norm? Or is my comp (Mac mini 1.25) posessed?

Thanks for your help,

Robert C

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
May 13, 2006, 07:18 AM

That's the way it is since Flash uses an OpenGL context to render into it gets a little bit out of sync when scrolling. It's the price you pay for the speed gain.

Krypton  (op)
Mac Elite
May 13, 2006, 09:47 AM

Presumably that is how they speeded it up in version 8? Just seems a bit poo to me.

Oddly this doesn't happen in Firefox, but I imagine that will change when they implement all that Cairo stuff.

Forum Links
Forum Rules