Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Parallels Trial Keys

Parallels Trial Keys
ghporter
Administrator
Dec 3, 2006, 09:14 PM

Do they just keep giving you a trial key? Is there anything that Parallels won't do with a trial key?

I've been so busy at school that I have maybe 20 minutes on my Windows XP installation under Parallels, and of course the trial key expired. Just for grins I went to Parallels.com and requested a new key. After logging in, they gave me another one! How long will this go on?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2006, 01:39 PM

Hmm, good question....I paid so fast I didn't have time to test that out.

Krypton
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2006, 02:28 PM

They will give you a new trial key, but I don't think you can enter it as the program knows that it's expired and expects you to buy a copy.

I was curious about this, because I would like to ascertain whether my BootCamp partition can be used before handing over the cash.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2006, 03:20 PM

From my experience, when a key expires you can't immediately get a new key. They will just send the same one again. However, if you wait a period of time and ask for a new one, you will get a new valid key.
Vandelay Industries

ghporter  (op)
Administrator
Dec 4, 2006, 07:24 PM

Art, that's what happened-my first key had been expired for a day or three before I noticed, and then it was another couple of days before I got around to requesting a new one. Which I did today, by the way and it worked.

Now I have to activate XP!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

legacyb4
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2007, 01:49 PM

The first key I got was for a month; I clicked on "Send Key" again with only five days to go and I got a new key good for 2 weeks. Guess the valid time period keeps getting shorter until you have to buy or give up.
Macbook (Black) C2D/250GB/3GB | G5/1.6 250GBx2/2.0GB
Free Mobile Ringtone & Games Uploader | Flickr | Twitter

Forum Links
Forum Rules