Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Availability of iphone 3G off AT&T contract

Availability of iphone 3G off AT&T contract
sebastianfrith
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2008, 07:49 AM

so, does anyone know if the iphone 3g will be available off contract?

I'm assuming it will be considerably more expensive than $199-299... but will it be available at all?

i've seen that it will be available to buy, unsubsidized, in the UK for a pay-as-you-go plan... will this be the case in america?

Is 2.0 already jail-broke?

I'm staffed (working) in china, so the likelihood of getting the 3g working is low, but i'm vain, and i think it would be cool to be one of the first people to have iP3G it in shanghai...

sebastian

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 19, 2008, 09:11 AM

I think I heard that there will be no pay-as-you go plans in the US for the iP3G.

-t

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2008, 09:20 AM

One company claims to have a way to jailbreak 2.0 but, without the final version released to the public, we won't know until then if it's true.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

romeosc
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by sebastianfrith View Post
so, does anyone know if the iphone 3g will be available off contract?

I'm assuming it will be considerably more expensive than $199-299... but will it be available at all?

i've seen that it will be available to buy, unsubsidized, in the UK for a pay-as-you-go plan... will this be the case in america?

Is 2.0 already jail-broke?

I'm staffed (working) in china, so the likelihood of getting the 3g working is low, but i'm vain, and i think it would be cool to be one of the first people to have iP3G it in shanghai...

sebastian

You can buy & activate......

"...if phone is returned within 14 days in like new condition with all components, early termination fee will be waived. Service can be canceled after 14 days but within 30 days and early termination fee will be waived, but equipment may not be returned."

LOOPHOLE?

Forum Links
Forum Rules