Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Blue Line on MBP Screen

Blue Line on MBP Screen
Tyinturru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 5, 2008, 07:58 PM

I have an eleven-month-old Macbook Pro and just the other day a thin blue vertical line appeared about 3mm in from the left side of my glossy screen. This has happened once before but went away within a few hours. This time it's sticking around.

It's definitely a problem with the display itself as I can take screenshots without the line there (I'm assuming this rules out the video card as the problem). I'm thinking i'll have to get it repaired, luckily I'm still under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thought I'd ask before I send it out for a week.
( Last edited by Tyinturru; Sep 6, 2008 at 10:44 AM. )

Tyinturru  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2008, 10:38 AM

Woke up this morning and the line is gone. I'm still concerned though because my warranty is just about to run out. What if this happens again and doesn't go away? What caused it?
°.°.°Clear°.°.°Water°.°.°

romeosc
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2008, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tyinturru View Post
Woke up this morning and the line is gone. I'm still concerned though because my warranty is just about to run out. What if this happens again and doesn't go away? What caused it?
Sounds like a loose video connector... Applecare probably won't cover since it is probably accidental incident!

Tyinturru  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 7, 2008, 10:06 PM

Well, would a loose video connector mean replacing the screen or a cheap repair? As long as it's not an insane amount of money to repair if it gets worse, I'm not too worried.
°.°.°Clear°.°.°Water°.°.°

romeosc
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2008, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tyinturru View Post
Well, would a loose video connector mean replacing the screen or a cheap repair? As long as it's not an insane amount of money to repair if it gets worse, I'm not too worried.
Depends on how handy you are.

Forum Links
Forum Rules