Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook service/repair time!

MacBook service/repair time!
ael719
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2006, 09:20 PM

AGH

My MacBook for the last week had been getting worse about random shutdowns to the point where I couldn't do any school work on it. I took my MacBook to the Apple Store on Sunday, 9/3, which was the weekend of labor day. They told me that since it is a holiday my MacBook would be sent in on Tuesday. He was typing my info into the computer, but the system was down so he had to do it on paper.

I just realized by going to apple.com/support that I could view the status of my repair. It said the item was sent in for repair on the 7th, got to the repair center on the 8th, and was waiting for parts on the 9th. This is awful.

I need my laptop for school. I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed over and it'll be weeks to a month before I ever get my laptop back.

The Apple Genius said they will probably be replacing my MacBook and that it takes 5-7 days for the repair. I know it has only been 5 days since it got sent in, but not having my computer is effecting my life (lol?). Anyone else send their MacBook in? If so, how long were you robbed of your MacBook?
Retired: Dell Dimension 8200
Current: MacBook Black
Future: iMac or MacPro

rocketscientist
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 13, 2006, 01:14 PM

Well, mine's been in for 14 days now....

Forum Links
Forum Rules