Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Predictor: mfold problem alert.

Predictor: mfold problem alert.
Shaktai
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2005, 02:52 PM

Box check time.

Just a heads up that I have been seeing some frozen Predictor units. So far it appears to be unique to the GUI, but I can't be sure. Twice in the past 24 hours I have had a unit "freeze" at the 95.00% point. It looks like it is crunching, but it is frozen. The problem has occurred only on my Macs running the GUI and only with h0011A_1_...... work units. If you experience this problem, abort the work unit and then report the problem in the following Predictor forum thread.
http://predictor.scripps.edu/forum_thread.php?id=1807

I would hate to see our production fall off due to these work units just when we are pushing for #1. One of my machines was stuck for nearly 13 hours on a work unit that normal takes 50-55 minutes.

Forum Links
Forum Rules