Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > upgrading iTunes 10.6.8 to 10.7

upgrading iTunes 10.6.8 to 10.7
abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2011, 03:30 PM

I have my iTunes library stored on an external hard drive. I previously was running 10.6.8 but I'm not sure the iTunes version, most likely it was as recent as 10.6.8 allowed.

I've upgraded to 10.7 and when I held down Option, launched iTunes 10.4, and navigated to the folder with my iTunes library, the library file is greyed out and will not let me select it. What gives?

abbaZaba  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2011, 03:36 PM

well, for future reference this is how it works:

I could not select the actual file (greyed out) but when I navigated to the "iTunes" folder (the one that has Mobile Applications, Artwork, etc) and clicked Open, iTunes started updating the library. Seems a bit misleading but thank goodness it worked. I would not have been a happy camper if my 22,000 file/120GB library was corrupted or lost.

Forum Links
Forum Rules