Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Einstein@Home temporarily accepting new members

Einstein@Home temporarily accepting new members
Shaktai
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2005, 01:18 AM

From the Einstein project team. Temporarily accepting new members. This is not a waiting list like before.
-------
Feb 14, 2005

For testing purposes, in anticipation of our public launch, we will be enabling account creation for some unannounced periods this week. If you are interested in joining Einstein@Home, please try the Create account link.
-----

They could use some more Macs over there. Sign up while you can. Don't know how long it will be open.

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2005, 05:14 PM

Einstien@Home had now gone public. Hundreds of new members have already joined today. Team MacNN is ranked #7 but sliding due to the influx of new members on other teams.

sokukodo
Feb 25, 2005, 10:38 PM

I've just signed up for E@H, and am using something called Deep Thought; how do I join the MacNN team? I wasn't asked what team I wanted to join, although in Deep Thought in the Project Manager window, there's a space for name & URL ... right now, Einstein@home and its URL is typed in.
Richard T.
1st generation G5 Dual 2Ghz w/ 8 Gigs of RAM;
ATI Radeon X800 XT
20" Cinema Display

mikkyo
Senior User
Feb 26, 2005, 02:20 PM

Sign in on their web site, http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/, search for Team MacNN and click the join this team link on the Team page here http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/team_display.php?teamid=21

sokukodo
Feb 27, 2005, 12:17 AM

Did that ... I don't see my name listed on the user's page (maybe because I haven't finished a WU yet) ... I registered with E@H in the beginning: by joining Team MacNN, will my WUs be ... do I need to UNregister with E@H, before they're credited to Team MacNN?
Richard T.
ATI Radeon X800 XT
20" Cinema Display

mikkyo
Senior User
Feb 27, 2005, 02:32 PM

I believe you need to complete work after joining the team in order to appear on the team page.
I am also a member of the team, however Predictor hasn't run out of work since I joined, and so my machines have not crunched much Einstein work and I only showed up on the team list recently.

jbcool
Senior User
Feb 28, 2005, 03:17 AM

Originally posted by sokukodo:
Did that ... I don't see my name listed on the user's page (maybe because I haven't finished a WU yet) ... I registered with E@H in the beginning: by joining Team MacNN, will my WUs be ... do I need to UNregister with E@H, before they're credited to Team MacNN?
No need to UNregister. You will not show up on the list until after you send in a work unit and it will take a little while after that before your work unit and id will show up on the list. You units will go to the team after you join it.

Welcome aboard fellow cruncher.
Tag ur it.

sokukodo
Mar 1, 2005, 12:36 AM

Thank you, jbcool ... I guess it takes awhile to get through a work unit. Looking at my activity monitor, I see that a WU has been assigned to each processor ... I also have 3 work units for folding (go Team MacOS X!) ... that's 5 work units all together, each using about 35% of the processor.
Richard T.
ATI Radeon X800 XT
20" Cinema Display

jbcool
Senior User
Mar 1, 2005, 01:47 AM

It takes the AMD64 3400+ five hours to complete a work unit and I notice I have some units that I sent back three days ago that I still have not got any credit for yet. So it will take a while.

I got this machine to keep ahead of virex over on the Predictor project. Think I will need a couple more to catch Shaktai.

Shaktai! Safe trip?
Tag ur it.

virex
Mar 1, 2005, 10:02 AM

you certainly have me for now.....hmmm maybe i'll have to start using my bro's dual 1ghz and dual 2.3 g5....doubt he'll let me...

Shaktai  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2005, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by jbcool:
I got this machine to keep ahead of virex over on the Predictor project. Think I will need a couple more to catch Shaktai.

Shaktai! Safe trip?
Fine trip. Got started moving into my new home (apartment) last night. Furniture and rest of my computers won't be here for a few more days. Sleeping on an air mattress, and don't even have a chair to sit on. The den had a computer desk built in though, so at least got my dial up working. Will be a little while to get DSL going. At least I can get my iMac G5 crunching again.

jbcool
Senior User
Mar 1, 2005, 11:51 PM

Originally posted by virex:
you certainly have me for now.....hmmm maybe i'll have to start using my bro's dual 1ghz and dual 2.3 g5....doubt he'll let me...
You still have me beat in the Einstein project and it may be a while before I catch you there.

Glad to hear that you had a safe trip Shaktai.
Tag ur it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules