Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Is ne1 using the GScoot with their G5

Is ne1 using the GScoot with their G5
GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 12:14 PM

I was thinking about purchasing this device for my G5, but it looks like it might be a little unstable if it is just resting on top of the scooter. I was curious if it is actually connected to the G5 and how. Hopefully not doouble sided tape.GScoot

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 12:19 PM

OMG they call that innovative? I'm surprised once more how stupid some people think Mac users are...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

tikki
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 12:35 PM

The G5 is tall enough w/o that "innovative" product

work: maczealots blog: carpeaqua

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 12:42 PM

If I take a wooden box (or cardbox), use a silver or black pen to write a huge G somewhere on that box and call it the "G-box", is that being innovative? Because if so, I think I just had a brilliant idea how to make good money!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2003, 03:39 PM

Anybody who considers buying anything from MacMice.com needs their head examined. Seriously.

hadocon
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 06:55 PM

MacMice is owned and operated by Jack Campbell who is a well known fraud and theif.

Check this site out that outlines many of his fradulent claims: jackwhispers.com
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

Link
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2003, 07:01 PM

I'd be afraid of the G5 falling off. Try the iscoot or whatever.
Aloha

GreenwoodMO  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 07:28 PM

Okay that confirms it. I will save 80 bucks and go with my original idea of setting the G5 on four Coors Light cans to give me that extra height I need. Damn, riding my G5 around the house sounded fun.

TJK
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 07:52 PM

I bought a DVCube from MacMice. Awesome product. Very nice Apple-esque packaging. It was for the most part a vanity purchase that after recieving I was completely satisfied with.

Greenwood, I'd bet the GScoot would... scoot before it tipped over. It's not resting on any less space then it would on the floor so if it's going to tip then it's going to. I'm pretty sure the G5s have the PS in the bottom so maybe they have a low CoG. I want a picute of you riding the G5 around with an extension cord, display on your lap, and BT keyboard.

hadocon, that site you linked to is bizarre. Really bizarre.

GreenwoodMO  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 09:29 PM

Yeah I bought the IceMate from them and I really like it. It made the Powermate more functional for my size hands.

GreenwoodMO  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 09:52 PM

So if I look around long enough on this www.jackwhispers.com site I will find my IceMate is nothing more than a one inch riser to put under the legs of my queen size bed?

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2003, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by TJK:
I bought a DVCube from MacMice. Awesome product. Very nice Apple-esque packaging. It was for the most part a vanity purchase that after recieving I was completely satisfied with.

<<snip>>

hadocon, that site you linked to is bizarre. Really bizarre.
Jack? Is that you? Hmmmm? Come on, fess up. Why is that site bizarre - it's all true.
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

Link
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2003, 01:36 AM

JACK! Nice to see you came to macnn! lol. come on people his stuff IS good..

I'd buy it too.. if I wasn't in the mood to save money and check the hardware or chinatown junk shops first
Aloha

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 05:08 AM

Uhm.... what exactly is that DVCube for? I've been trying to figure that out for about 20 minutes now... As far as I can see it's a totally useless piece of hardware that gives the cube some extra height... duh, why on earth would one need that?

Link
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2003, 05:32 AM

good question. Apparently it improves airflow but I think it just makes it look like someone dumped a computer on a gigantic ash tray.

IMHO macmice products don't have much of a purpose. The few I like are:

1. dvbase, simple ipod stand, nice and elegant, but sort of redundant nowadays.

2. iScoot: not half bad and compared to others, the price is OK. But I already have a tower stand on my desk.

3. gbreeze; If I got a powerbook I'd probably get one. While it's about 35% more expensive then it's worth (compared to other stands, at least), it matches the laptop really nicely and looks solid. I hate the icurve stand...
Aloha

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 05:35 AM

Originally posted by Link:
good question. Apparently it improves airflow but I think it just makes it look like someone dumped a computer on a gigantic ash tray.
LOL that was my first thought, "why is this cube standing on an ash tray?"

Forum Links
Forum Rules