Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Lost

Lost (Page 9)
brapper
Professional Poster
May 3, 2006, 11:53 PM

jesus.

greenamp
Mac Elite
May 3, 2006, 11:54 PM

Anyone catch the hanso foundation commercial?

as2
Mac Elite
May 4, 2006, 06:31 AM

Why the **** did he shoot himself?
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]

whgoodman
May 4, 2006, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by as2

Probably to make himself look like a victem and not the shooter.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2006, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by as2
Yeah he just shot him self in the arm, to make it look like Henry did it all.

This sucks so much that hurley's new girlfriend hot shot… He is sooo gonna flip out and hurt someone, or him self when he finds out

-Owl

Rev-O
Mac Elite
May 4, 2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by as2
1) Because Michael was brainwashed by the Others and sent back into camp to rescue Henry and continue to act as the inside man and further the Other's mysterious goals which will be partially revealed in the season finale.
2) Or Walt's life hangs in the balance and Michael had to free Henry to save Walt's life.

wonder which scenario will play out?
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

quilmes
Forum Regular
May 4, 2006, 09:08 AM

Though Michael did not know that they had Henry....

MrsLarry
Senior User
May 4, 2006, 09:13 AM

ok, i missed the last few minutes, Anna Lucia gave Michael the gun, and .... then what?

Note: Anyone finding how all the characters interact BEFORE the flight interesting?

Another Note: Maybe the others are the "good" people, and the ones we're watching are the "bad"... we don't see the others kidnapping the murderers, con-men, drug-addicts, and looney bin folks, right? Lemme know what you think of this theory (apologies if this idea was already discussed)

lavar78
Professional Poster
May 4, 2006, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rev-O
1) Because Michael was brainwashed by the Others and sent back into camp to rescue Henry and continue to act as the inside man and further the Other's mysterious goals which will be partially revealed in the season finale.
2) Or Walt's life hangs in the balance and Michael had to free Henry to save Walt's life.

3) Michael agreed to give up the survivors in exchange for Walt. That seems the most likely to me (hence, "I'm sorry").

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2006, 09:32 AM

@MrsLarry:
You might want to see if you can download the episode or something, since you missed the most important minutes of that episode.

spoilers:
Anna Lucia gives Michael the gun because he says he will kill Henry. He then asks Anna Lucia for the combination to the door, and then says, "sorry," to which Anna Lucia replies, "for what?" and Michael shoots her (in the stomach?).
As Michael stands there looking at the locked door (where Henry is) Libby (? Hurley's girlfriend) comes in and shouts, "Michael!?" (after seeing Anna Lucia's body and Michael holding the gun) giving Michael a fright and out of instinct he fires two shots, through the blankets she came back to the hatch to get, into her torso, and she falls over.

Michael unlocks the door, walks into the room, stands there shaking, looking at Henry, Henry stands, looks at Michael, and Michael shoots himself in the arm.

I'm not going to explain the short snippet for next week's episode, since honestly, I envy you, since I don't like seeing them, and I'd prefer not to know anything about next week's episode.
I hope this helps.

MrsLarry
Senior User
May 4, 2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by mdc
@MrsLarry:
You might want to see if you can download the episode or something, since you missed the most important minutes of that episode.

**last 5 minutes recap**
much appreciated thanks - yeah looks like i missed the best part of the show - i'll look into DLing.

I can't wait for next week!

quilmes
Forum Regular
May 4, 2006, 11:31 AM

My wife was yapping about how great the show was and convinced me to watch it on TIVO (god bless) when I got back from work. I have to say I didn't think it was that good.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
May 4, 2006, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rev-O

If Michael is working to benefit the others, then it'll be interesting to see what happens when they attempt to overrun the others' camp. It's a risky move to send an inside man to encourage someone to take up arms against you. Even if you think you can win, you run the risk of serious carnage.

I really think that Michael only cares about Walt and nothing else. If he thinks letting Henry out will get Walt back, he'd do it. He may well be playing the others and for whatever undisclosed reason felt that killing two people he barely knew/didn't quite like and freeing Henry would make a good show of his 'cooperation'.

At the same time, if you watched the first few seasons of Alias, you know it'll turn around many many times. I think they make it up as they go.

scottiB
Professional Poster
May 4, 2006, 01:01 PM

My interpretation:

The Others persuaded/convinced/brainwashed Michael to do two things: kill Ana-Lucia because she killed Goodwin (tit4tat, blackandwhite) and to free Henry Gale (so, perhaps, the Others could kill him because he failed to retrieve Lock). Libby's shooting/death was an accident.

The carrot offered to Michael is obviously Walt. Either he's convinced that T.O.s would give him back Walt, or he is truly brainwashed and will become a new mole.

Though I knew it was coming, the ending still shocked me.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

MrsLarry
Senior User
May 4, 2006, 01:01 PM

Locke and the wheel chair...

I know how he got out of it, how did he get in it?

Was this in Season 1? I was a late bloomer...

scottiB
Professional Poster
May 4, 2006, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by wallinbl
If Michael is working to benefit the others, then it'll be interesting to see what happens when they attempt to overrun the others' camp. It's a risky move to send an inside man to encourage someone to take up arms against you. Even if you think you can win, you run the risk of serious carnage...
Or, Michael could be leading them into a trap.

I don't find Michael's portrayal of The Others ringing true as we've been allowed to see in watching the episodes. From the look on Kate's face, I think she doubts it, too (after seeing all the stuff in the caduceus hatch).

sabrejim
May 4, 2006, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by MrsLarry

Hasn't been revealed yet. My guess is he was with Shannon's father in the car accident?

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by scottiB
Or, Michael could be leading them into a trap.

I don't find Michael's portrayal of The Others ringing true as we've been allowed to see in watching the episodes. From the look on Kate's face, I think she doubts it, too (after seeing all the stuff in the caduceus hatch).
I agree. I am unware of whether Kate ever told anyone about the 'props' that she found in the medical hatch? I guess it wouldn't have been the best time to interrupt Michael's plan to attack the others, but she should definitely bring that up since the others Michael describe, I don't think, are the real others, but more like a 'front' they put on just incase people find them. The teepees and all that, I think that is the 'front' they are using to stop people from getting into their hatch and finding out their true agenda.

Originally Posted by MrsLarry
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure we have not found out why he is in the wheelchair.

greenamp
Mac Elite
May 4, 2006, 05:57 PM

Eh, I didn't really think this episode was all the great personally. Michael's betrayal them was very predictable. The whole deal with Ana Lucia going to sydney as Jack's fathers bodyguard failed to be much of an eyebrow raiser for some reason.

Basically, the episode was 95% snooze-fest, with the usual last 1 minute of OMG-ness which is becoming a tradition for Lost, and is getting really old.

Most of the episode was spent in Ana Lucia flashbacks which were meant to set up her dramatic death, but it failed miserably b/c no one really cares about her. I for one was glad to see the character killed off.

Also, why are they completely butchering the Sawyer character? One minute he is written as a cunning badass, and the next minute he falls for the old "girl sleeps with you and steals your sh*t" routine. Something a con-man specializing in seducing bored housewives out of their husbands fortunes would never fall for. Oh yeah, and that sex scene with Sawyer and Ana Lulu was completely stupid.

They are spending way to much time on character development and far too little time on plot development. By now in the show we are very used to the odd little coincidences in their pasts and we have come to expect it.

It's starting to seem like they actually only had about 1 seasons worth of story and are trying to spread it out over as long a period as they can. I'm actually starting to get bored with the show. Invasion is starting to be a better show really. :/

I hate to dump on Lost like this, as Ive been a solid fan since day 1. But season 2 has not been very good at all. I can think of a few real highlight this season and that's about all. And I'm sure season 2 will end in a big annoying cliff hanger that will not be addressed until the later part of season 3. We seriously need to start getting in to the island and what the whole deal is. Enough with the meaningless flashbacks. Enough with the Hurley romance saga. So what if the chic was with him in the halfway house? It really adds nothing to the story, and if it ever does down the road it will have been so long that we won't even care that much or be surprised.

Course, things may change in the next few weeks.
( Last edited by greenamp; May 4, 2006 at 06:09 PM. )

lavar78
Professional Poster
May 4, 2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by greenamp
Most of the episode was spent in Ana Lucia flashbacks which were meant to set up her dramatic death, but it failed miserably b/c no one really cares about her. I for one was glad to see the character killed off.
I know I'm in the minority, but I liked her. Perma-scowl or not, I think she's pretty hot.

I hate to dump on Lost like this, as Ive been a solid fan since day 1. But season 2 has not been very good at all. I can think of a few real highlight this season and that's about all. And I'm sure season 2 will end in a big annoying cliff hanger that will not be addressed until the later part of season 3. We seriously need to start getting in to the island and what the whole deal is. Enough with the meaningless flashbacks. Enough with the Hurley romance saga. So what if the chic was with him in the halfway house? It really adds nothing to the story, and if it ever does down the road it will have been so long that we won't even care that much or be surprised.
I completely disagree. I think the whole idea is that we don't know which parts of the back story are meaningful and which ones aren't. Libby being a patient in the same hospital as Hurley is intriguing to me, as is the island miraculously curing (or possibly curing) so many characters. I spent part of the episode thinking the head Other is Jack's dad. After all, a main reason to disguise yourself is to hide your true identity from someone who would recognize you otherwise. Perhaps the island brought him back to life? Who knows? I'm still intrigued. They answered last season's cliffhanger immediately, so I have faith they'll give us at least some answers immediately. (Of course, those answers will only lead to more questions.)

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
May 10, 2006, 10:52 PM

Great episode. I'm back on board.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 10:59 PM

What was the web address on the Hanso Foundation commercial? It was like some weird spelling of Submininal, but I couldn't remember by the time I got my laptop booted.

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
May 10, 2006, 11:06 PM

saddino
Mac Enthusiast
May 10, 2006, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by rjenkinson
It's an ad for Sprite.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
May 11, 2006, 01:20 AM

That password from that site leads you here where you can get more information on the Hanso Foundation as well...

http://thehansofoundation.org/index.html#section=bios

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2006, 09:29 AM

My Tivo decided not to record the last 2 minutes or so of the show.
Could someone explain what happened after Hurley saw Jack inject Libby and ask if he could speak to her.

scottiB
Professional Poster
May 11, 2006, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by mdc
My Tivo decided not to record the last 2 minutes or so of the show.
Could someone explain what happened after Hurley saw Jack inject Libby and ask if he could speak to her.
http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

ABC has the ep online. You can stream it for free.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
May 18, 2006, 12:22 AM

Alright... I've been trying to crack this all night... lets get some help.

http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/usr (this is where the video on the opening site will link you if you click in the correct spot)

hmcintyr isn't empty
sconroy isn't empty

all I've found is some Jeep ads in the "mail" folders.

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2006, 12:52 AM

Bad Twin (Hyperion) (Hardcover)
by Gary Troup
About the Author
Bad Twin is the highly-anticipated new novel by acclaimed mystery writer Gary Troup. Bad Twin was delivered to Hyperion just days before Troup boarded Oceanic Flight 815, which was lost in flight from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles in September 2004. He remains missing and is presumed dead.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...lance&n=283155

EDIT:
It's the book manuscript that Sawyer was reading on the beach.
The author Gary Troup's name is an anagram for "purgatory."
( Last edited by Sourbook; May 18, 2006 at 01:15 AM. )

sabrejim
May 18, 2006, 07:56 AM

I got Bad Twin. Havent had time to read it though, damn new mario bros game. Got through 2 chapters though, its an easy read and interesting so far. I'm hoping it eventually ties in more importantly to LOST than the initial money grab that it seems like. One weird thing is that the Widmore family seems t oplay an important role in the book.

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
May 19, 2006, 12:52 AM

Uh, so thats it for the season?

Man. I was expecting some huge send off like last season.

-Owl

Teronzhul
Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by OwlBoy

-Owl
No, one more.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
May 19, 2006, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by OwlBoy

-Owl
Don't worry - season finale is next week. Probably guaranteed to leave it hanging.

sabrejim
May 19, 2006, 07:53 AM

Is next week 2 hours?

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 19, 2006, 12:12 PM

Damn, for a fake website that Hanso site is pretty damn cool. I like the design of it.

Can't wait for the finale.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
May 19, 2006, 01:37 PM

kaze0, yeah, this wednesday's episode is 2 hours. Season finale.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 19, 2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by mdc
I agree. I am unware of whether Kate ever told anyone about the 'props' that she found in the medical hatch? I guess it wouldn't have been the best time to interrupt Michael's plan to attack the others, but she should definitely bring that up since the others Michael describe, I don't think, are the real others, but more like a 'front' they put on just incase people find them. The teepees and all that, I think that is the 'front' they are using to stop people from getting into their hatch and finding out their true agenda.
I believe Kate told Jack about the stuff in the medical lab earlier this season. I could be mistaken though.

As for The Others, I think you may be right about them putting up a front. In this last episode, when they showed the scene where Michael gets taken to their camp for the first time, we get to see some of their surroundings. One thing that I noticed was that they had 2 armed guards guarding the door to their hatch. This tells me that there is something in there that is very sensitive. So much so that they don't even trust each other. And as Michael said, those were the only 2 guns that they seem to have (at least visible), except the guns they got from Jack and Sawyer and Lock when they were confronted.

sabrejim
May 19, 2006, 02:33 PM

I think that the camp Michael was brought to is actually the camp of another set of crash survivors. And like the original losties and tailies, those survivors were infiltrated by the others, but never discovered that. Some of the people in the camp seemed scared or bewildered by the fact that those few guys came back with someone new. It might also explain why the hatch was being guarded like that.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 19, 2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by King Bob On The Cob
Alright... I've been trying to crack this all night... lets get some help.

http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/usr (this is where the video on the opening site will link you if you click in the correct spot)

hmcintyr isn't empty
sconroy isn't empty

all I've found is some Jeep ads in the "mail" folders.
look around the buddha in the jeep poster ...

wallinbl
Professional Poster
May 19, 2006, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma::
And as Michael said, those were the only 2 guns that they seem to have (at least visible), except the guns they got from Jack and Sawyer and Lock when they were confronted.
I wouldn't believe anything Michael said. You can't keep a whole group of people under your thumb if you only have two guns.

It was interesting that the woman knew Sawyer's real name. Yes, it would have been on the passenger manifest, but how did they get that document and how did they link that name to Sawyer?

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
May 19, 2006, 04:30 PM

Remember they had a spy in their camp first season so thats probably how they got the manifest and other information. They have been taking blood samples of Claires baby, most likely Walt, and now Michael. Now they want 'specifically Kate, Hugo, Sawyer, and Jack. Most seem like left over scientists if anything. But I think even more is going on, much more than just crash survivors for sure.

Also Russo's daughter was a clue, she explained a bit that they were there for years as a expedition group. So might be a combination of that group and left behind scientists. Seems some experiment is still in progress or they are just wacko and lost it. Only reason I dont think they are wacko is they are organized and have a plan, we just dont know what it is.

Demonhood
Administrator
May 19, 2006, 07:45 PM

at least the monster returns next week. it's been too long since we've heard the DinoMist roar.

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
May 22, 2006, 12:46 PM

I read this very detailed spoiler on the season final of Lost, "Live Together, Die Alone" and I'm kind of sorry I did. Maybe It's legit, maybe It's not.

If it is a legitimate spoiler,
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS LINK IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED WED NIGHT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...r.2C_Die_Alone

awaspaas
Mac Elite
May 22, 2006, 01:26 PM

Pretty sure most of that could be pieced together from the promos. Probably a foiler. We'll see Wednesday I guess.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
May 22, 2006, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur
Remember they had a spy in their camp first season so thats probably how they got the manifest and other information.
Yes, but I don't see how they could connect Sawyer with his legal name. I'm not sure he's ever divulged it.

sabrejim
May 22, 2006, 02:12 PM

Only a few of the castaways knew Sawyer's. Locke and Hurley were 2.It is possible everyone knows the name now though but they just don't use it. Eveyrone calls Hugo, Hurley even though his name is well known.

Well, it's quite obvious Michael is knowingly lieing about the guns. He knows they took his and he knows they were shooting at him with another gun.

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
May 24, 2006, 07:41 PM

Just over an hour till the show begins on the east coast. Time for one last preview clip before the season finale.

http://www.thetailsection.com/Lost_2..._sneakpeek.mpg

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
May 24, 2006, 10:59 PM

WTF? So confused...

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
May 24, 2006, 11:04 PM

Same here...
So... right now we're down to 6-ish major characters that are accounted for?
(Charlie, Claire, Hurley, Sun, Jin, and Sayid).

greenamp
Mac Elite
May 24, 2006, 11:06 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules