Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Professional Video Editing with TIPB ?!

Professional Video Editing with TIPB ?!
nima15
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2001, 04:26 PM

Hello everybody,

Now i have the TIPB, some say you can do broadcast quality editing and production some say you can't....I wanna hear your opinion...I have the following equipments:

Mini DV camera (low end).
Second monitor
super VHS
sony media converter
Final Cut Pro

what do i need if i wanna do professional editing with Tipb? whats the best output result??? where should i buy the external firewire drive?

Thanks

<mugwump>
Dec 10, 2001, 04:42 PM

You may want a firewire drive for more storage space. Final Cut Pro 3 also offers a great low res. option that multiplies the amount of footage you can put into your computer 10 times. (So instead of 4 min per gig, you get 40 min per gig.) You then use your S Video out to a TV for viewing the edited sequence.

But overall, I don't understand your question re: broadcast quality. DV quality is near-broadcast quality, and in your final step when you color-correct the footage then it looks even better. Color correction is also much better in FCP 3.

Just start editing and see. But for real uncompressed broadcast quality system, you're talking about a much larger $$ investment.

nima15  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2001, 04:30 AM

hey thanks alot i just looked at FCP 3, it seems to be the answer.

Cipher13
Dec 11, 2001, 09:12 AM

You'll easily get "broadcast quality" with FCP and MiniDV...

silverghost
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 11, 2001, 07:33 PM

those new powerbooks are pretty cool,i agree FCP3 would be a great addition but remember that to get real-time effects
you need at the least the 667.but if ya dont need that then the 550 should be cool.

aloha

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: silverghost ]
"In my madness my eyes are now open"

Forum Links
Forum Rules