Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Installing Palm Desktop 4 in X - FILE NOT FOUND!!!

Installing Palm Desktop 4 in X - FILE NOT FOUND!!!
Bobby
Mac Enthusiast
May 10, 2002, 06:40 PM

I decided to go ahead & install palm desktop 4.0 in OS X on my iMac. When I run the installer, somewhere around file 474 or 476 I get an error:

Sorry, the operation could not be completed due to a System error: (File Not Found).

At this point I have no idea what to do. I'm using OS X 10.1.4. I tried completely removing all remenence of my palm install under 9 in case it was trying to access anything related to it, but the error still occurs. I've also tried doing it without any software loaded...

Palm doesn't really have any direct tech support I can find, so I don't know what to do...

<- ??? ->
May 11, 2002, 06:26 PM

Are you installing on to your system drive? There are some problems if you select a drive that is not your boot drive...

Originally posted by Bobby:
<STRONG>I decided to go ahead & install palm desktop 4.0 in OS X on my iMac. When I run the installer, somewhere around file 474 or 476 I get an error:

Sorry, the operation could not be completed due to a System error: (File Not Found).

At this point I have no idea what to do. I'm using OS X 10.1.4. I tried completely removing all remenence of my palm install under 9 in case it was trying to access anything related to it, but the error still occurs. I've also tried doing it without any software loaded...

Palm doesn't really have any direct tech support I can find, so I don't know what to do...</STRONG>

pdmazz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 21, 2003, 11:54 PM

I too am having the problem described here, failed install of palm desktop 4.0 around file number 450 or so. I get the same failure for desktop 4.1. The last file displayed is "Palm Hotsync".

I am running 10.1.5. I had been running Palm desktop 2.xx under OS 9 emulation, but was finally getting around to moving up. (yes, I know, I'm quite behind the times).

Any ideas on how I can get past this install problem? For I am now stuck without anyway to hotsync, unless I go back to the 2.x level of the desktop.

thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules