Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > On this night..

On this night..
Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 05:51 AM

I got a second ****ing ticket.
Damn pigs.

sideus
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 05:57 AM

Damn law breakers.

Macfreak7  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 06:44 AM

On the freeway, at 12:45am. Give me a break.

Cipher13
Nov 2, 2003, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by Macfreak7:
On the freeway, at 12:45am. Give me a break.
Get real. You're not special. You aren't an exception to the law. It's there for a reason. I assume you were speeding - just because it's 12:45 am doesn't mean your carelessness isn't endangering somebody else.

You deserve it every little bit.

Macfreak7  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Get real. You're not special. You aren't an exception to the law. It's there for a reason. I assume you were speeding - just because it's 12:45 am doesn't mean your carelessness isn't endangering somebody else.

You deserve it every little bit.
thanks for your extremely insightful post.

Cipher13
Nov 2, 2003, 07:16 AM

thanks for your extremely insightful post.
Anytime.

Lemme know when it sinks in.

sideus
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 07:17 AM

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 2, 2003, 09:34 AM

That's what you get for pulling over.

Next time hit the gas and leave those pigs in yer dust.

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 09:51 AM

^^^That is the right answer.

"Do I need to draw a diagram for you then to tell you that nerdy 16-17 year olds, fat chicks and old men turn my crank then? Will you understand it then or don't you follow still chris." - Landos Mustache

willed
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2003, 10:42 AM

I think it sucks you got a ticket - I always drive over the limit when there aren't any other cars around. And when there aren't any speed cameras.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 2, 2003, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by willed:
I think it sucks you got a ticket - I always drive over the limit when there aren't any other cars around. And when there aren't any speed cameras.
There are "distorting" license plate covers that will make your plates illegible if they're viewed at more than a certain angle and at a distance, but they look perfectly clear if viewed straight-on. If a cop's behind you they can clearly read your plates and have no reason to believe there's anything unusual about them. I've gotten "snapped" by quite a few speed cameras over the last year and not recieved any fines. I bought them, strangely enough, at Pep Boys.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2003, 02:31 PM

too bad... Ca$h is no longer here.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2003, 02:42 PM

Book Em Dan-O

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

jckalen
Senior User
Nov 2, 2003, 02:56 PM

I assume both tickets were for speeding... you did not elaborate much. Assuming that is the case, the first ticket obviously did not sink in. Therefore, you deserved the second one even more than the first.

Keep it up and those damn pigs will probably cause those bastards at your insurance company to raise your premium.

What a bunch of jerks - expecting YOU to obey the law! Apparently, you should have thought to bring your deed to the road since you obviously own it.
It looks just like a telefunken' U-47 - Zappa

rambo47
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 03:27 PM

How fast, and in what zone? I got a ticket years back at 2:30 AM, but at 125 MPH in a 55 MPH zone and I deserved it. Now, at that hour I would expect some slack for anything under 75 in a 55 zone or 80 in a 65 zone.

jckalen
Senior User
Nov 2, 2003, 03:36 PM

Now, at that hour I would expect some slack for anything under 75 in a 55 zone or 80 in a 65 zone.
Considering there are more drunk people on the road at 2:30 am than most other times of the day, I would expect the cops to be less tolerant of bad driving.
It looks just like a telefunken' U-47 - Zappa

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Nov 2, 2003, 04:31 PM

Me and my friend got busted once for going 165 km/h in a 100 zone at 1:30 am. The cop was nice enough to ignore that he was only a G1 driver and had been drinking

$300 CAD fine and 2 demerit points

Chris

I Me Mine
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by rambo47:
I got a ticket years back at 2:30 AM, but at 125 MPH in a 55 MPH zone and I deserved it.
I think you deserve a racing contract

Macfreak7  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by jckalen:

What a bunch of jerks - expecting YOU to obey the law! Apparently, you should have thought to bring your deed to the road since you obviously own it.
That deed I keep in the 575. More useful then.

Originally posted by rambo47:
How fast, and in what zone?
90 in 65
I was too busy watching the road. He said he was right next to me and I took off for some reason. I soo did not see him even, I told him I wanted to get home quick so I could find a parking spot on the street. He wrote me a ticket for 85.
What sucks is I'll be travelling on this second court date. There is a way to postpone the date right?

Macfreak7  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Anytime.

Lemme know when it sinks in.
Go buy yourself a sarcasm detector or something.

hayesk
Nov 2, 2003, 06:45 PM

Go buy yourself a sarcasm detector or something.
What did you expect? Everyone to share your pain and say "yeah, those pigs suck!"

Sorry, kid - you were speeding you got caught. It isn't the "pigs'" fault - it's yours. The time of day is irrelevant. The roads are open 24/7 and the laws apply 24/7.

I'm also not going to pretend that I've never driven above the speed limit, but I'm not going to complain about it if I get caught. I got a speeding ticket once, and it was my fault, but you didn't hear me complaining about the "da mn pigs" as if they did something wrong. And I certainly don't expect anyone to "give me a break."

Macfreak7  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 06:58 PM

Wow some of you guys SERIOUSLY need to lighten up.
I wasn't looking for anyone's damn sympathy on here. Geez. Nor did i mention ANYWHERE that i'm all special, or i feel special so i should be dealt with in a different manner. What's with this "get real" thing anyway? Thanks for clarifying about when the roads are open, i really had no ****ing idea.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by I Me Mine:
I think you deserve a racing contract
Remember the commedian Gallagher who did the smashing watermellon with a mallet routine? "Never trust an idiot with a watermellon and a hammer." In this case it's an idiot with a Prosche. Many years later I drive a nice, big, slow Hummer. I couldn't speed it that thing if my life depended on it!

Good point about the drunks out late, jckalen. Back then there was far less emphasis/media coverage/general awareness about DUI. I remember my buddy getting a DUI summons and ended up paying a fine of about $250, getting some points on his license (4 if I recall) and nothing else. Stern warnings about "next time it won't be so easy..." but really nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Maybe the lax attitudes of the past are contributing to today's drunk driving problems.
( Last edited by rambo47; Nov 2, 2003 at 07:30 PM. )

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by kmkkid:
Me and my friend got busted once for going 165 km/h in a 100 zone at 1:30 am. The cop was nice enough to ignore that he was only a G1 driver and had been drinking

$300 CAD fine and 2 demerit points

Chris
He probably figured that his insurance costs would skyrocket so he wouldn't be able to drive again anyway.

Kilbey
Baninated
Nov 2, 2003, 09:02 PM

One of the reasons the police pull over speeders after midnight is that about 1/3 of the drivers they pull over have been drinking.

Forum Links
Forum Rules