Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Favourite Christmas Carol.

Favourite Christmas Carol.
Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2003, 01:33 AM

Ok let's admit it, we all have a little 'child' in us that likes at least one christmas carol or song.
I personally like a few mostly because they bring back some nostalgic memories about my school days. If I had to pick one it would probably be "12 days of Christmas" or whatever.

What about thou?

Disclaimer: i'mnotabigfanofchristmasorsantahenceavoidjumpingto hastyconclusionsthankyou

dtriska
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2003, 01:35 AM

Not a perfect match, buy wouldn't this fit in with this thread?

Macfreak7  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2003, 02:17 AM

ack!
yes, pardon this.

beb
Mac Elite
Dec 1, 2003, 02:31 AM

O Holy Night

christ
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 07:01 AM

Originally posted by dtriska:
Not a perfect match, buy wouldn't this fit in with this thread?
No - because in that thread I couldn't answer "Carol Kane, in Scrooged".
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

Vi0
Baninated
Dec 1, 2003, 07:15 AM

Santa Claus Is Back In Town -- Elvis Presley

christ
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 07:35 AM

Originally posted by Vi0:
Santa Claus Is Back In Town -- Elvis Presley
That's a song, not a Carol!

(clue: Carols don't mention Santa!)
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Dec 1, 2003, 08:16 AM

D U P L I C A T E . T H R E A D !

Lockinated

(except I can't seem to find that button...)

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

quandarry
Dec 1, 2003, 08:24 AM

Little Drummer Boy by the mormon tabernacle choir.

rum pum pum pum...

christ
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 08:37 AM

pum pumpum pum pum...
Chris. T.

quandarry
Dec 1, 2003, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by - - e r i k - -:
D U P L I C A T E . T H R E A D !

Lockinated

(except I can't seem to find that button...)
the other thread is christmas songs, which can be anything.
this is christmas carols. you know the classics.

don we now our gay apparel
fa la la la la la la la la

Vi0
Baninated
Dec 1, 2003, 09:25 AM

Carols are also songs. I don't see the difference. There's no traditional songs for Christmas, as it is a constantly evolving holiday.

Anyway, Christmas sucked until Elvis came around and redid all the songs. In fact, they should just burn any other songs!

willed
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 10:44 AM

Carols are also songs. I don't see the difference. There's no traditional songs for Christmas, as it is a constantly evolving holiday.

Anyway, Christmas sucked until Elvis came around and redid all the songs. In fact, they should just burn any other songs!
Christian music. I don't think Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer would go down too well in church

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Dec 1, 2003, 11:47 AM

It may not be a "Christmas carol" but I'm rather fond of "In the Hall of the Mountain King" (not the song by Savatage) . Great instrumental.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

DesignerTerp
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 1, 2003, 11:54 AM

O Holy Night.
I like Johnny Mathis' version.
or Cartman's.

Vi0
Baninated
Dec 1, 2003, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by willed:
Christian music. I don't think Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer would go down too well in church
Christmas and Christianity don't go together despite what you think. Christmas is in fact a pagan holiday that was used by so-called churches to get more people into their church membership. True Christians don't even celebrate Christmas because they know it's a heathen holiday devoted to idol worship.

christ
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 03:28 PM

Christmas is in fact a pagan holiday ...
This has the makings of a good urban legend.

Now in Christmas the 'mas' bit relates to birthday, and the Christ part relates to whose birthday it was. That makes it pretty Christian.

There was a pagan celebration (I'm not sure the pagans had 'holidays' per se) at around the turn of the year, and that may have influenced what time of the year that the Christians decided to hold their birthday celebrations, but that's a long stretch from 'Christmas is a pagan holiday'.
Chris. T.

christ
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 03:29 PM

True Christians don't even celebrate Christmas because they know it's a heathen holiday devoted to idol worship.
Oh yes they do - they just don't do it with Hallmark cards and gifts from Circuit City, they do it in their hearts.
Chris. T.

willed
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2003, 03:46 PM

Christmas and Christianity don't go together despite what you think. Christmas is in fact a pagan holiday that was used by so-called churches to get more people into their church membership. True Christians don't even celebrate Christmas because they know it's a heathen holiday devoted to idol worship.
Yeah, whatever, but the point still stands that Christmas Carols are by definition Christian praise songs for a particular religious feast, not 'I saw Santa kissing Mummy underneath the Christmas tree'. I think again I have to say:

Forum Links
Forum Rules