Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Help with Extreme Config

Help with Extreme Config
tmpilling
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2008, 06:20 AM

Hey guys,

So I just got my adsl connected at my new house, the modem I'm using is a Linksys AM300. when I connect my macbook to it via ethernet, it works perfectly, so that's great HOWEVER, when I use my airport extreme base station (absolutely brand new), I can get onto some websites, but not others. It just times out. Is there a setting in the airport extreme that I've missed or something?

So to clarify, direct link to modem, all websites work perfectly

Through wireless via the airport extreme, many (but not all) websites time out.

What have I missed

Help much appreciated guys

Cheers

Tom

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2008, 08:05 AM

Are they timing out because you lost the wireless network connection? Maybe you should switch to another channel?

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 26, 2008, 09:04 AM

If you've connected the Extreme directly to a router port on your Linksys box, have you also configured the Extreme to operate in "bridge mode?" To do that you just uncheck the box in the Admin Utility that says "share a single IP address. Betcha that helps. If it doesn't, then I think Simon's on the right track.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

tmpilling  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 28, 2008, 03:40 AM

Mysteriously, 48 hours after this problem occurred, everything started working fine... So I don't know what wasgoing on, but a big thank you very much for the replies guys, much appreciated!

Forum Links
Forum Rules