Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Wanting to commit a crime, need recommendations

Wanting to commit a crime, need recommendations
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2011, 08:51 PM

I think it would be a neat experience to commit a crime and perhaps spend a night in prison, as I've never been arrested for anything before. I'm thinking about the sorts of crimes that don't hurt others, and this will be a one-off sort of thing just to experience the rush of committing the crime and being arrested, therefore a criminal record won't hurt me since it will be the only record I ever have, and a minor offense.

I'm thinking about something like indecent exposure, shoplifting, or possession of drugs. Sex with a minor or prostitute would be fun, except I'm married so if you were to highly recommend this I'll talk it over with the wife to see what she thinks. Will loitering consistently result in arrests? How about public defecation (I'd do it straight into a garbage can)? Trespassing? Public intoxication? How about disturbing the peace? It would be fun to just walk inside a large building and start yelling for no reason. Indecent exposure sounds like it would be fun too, I'm thinking it would be fun to rock out with my cock out in a church or something, although that might traumatize old people.

What else could I do? How should I do it? I don't think I want to experience being tased, so if you have recommendations to avoid this that would be good too... Again, the object is not to hurt anybody.

Cold Warrior
Jun 25, 2011, 08:57 PM

If it's just the night, that'd be a county or city jail, not really prison. You'll need a real crime with a prison sentence, which takes it out of your suggestions above.

Also, time in a jail cell is overrated. Been there. Go big, go long, or go home, besson.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
If it's just the night, that'd be a county or city jail, not really prison. You'll need a real crime with a prison sentence, which takes it out of your suggestions above.

Also, time in a jail cell is overrated. Been there. Go big, go long, or go home, besson.

Okay, I meant to say jail then.

What did you do to have to put time in a jail cell?

Sealobo
Jun 25, 2011, 09:31 PM

it really depends on which state you're in... right?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 25, 2011, 09:54 PM

Just speed.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2011, 10:13 PM

Wouldn't it be great if attention whoring would be a jailable offense ?

You would have achieved your goal already.

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Wouldn't it be great if attention whoring would be a jailable offense ?

You would have achieved your goal already.

-t

That, or being better than you.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2011, 10:33 PM

Well, good luck with that. You might have to resort to pooping on a police cruiser

-t

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2011, 10:34 PM

Go to a high crime area and start recording when the cops arrest people. That will get you in jail in no time.

Cold Warrior
Jun 25, 2011, 10:57 PM

Dork's suggestion is a good one. You could probably get it dismissed and wouldn't be left with a criminal record. Exposing yourself could get you sex offender status.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2011, 11:07 PM

Dork's suggestion is a good one. You could probably get it dismissed and wouldn't be left with a criminal record. Exposing yourself could get you sex offender status.

Ahhh, I guess I don't want sex offender status, although goofy non-sexual exposure probably should be treated differently.

The problem with Dork.'s suggestion is that it is a little boring. I want to do something a little more adventurous than just run a video recorder. Maybe I could run the video recorder while drinking?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2011, 11:38 PM

Break into a zoo after hours and take pictures of the animals. I did that, got to spend some quality time at the local lockup. Impressed the woman i was with too, probably would have been more impressive if we hadn't gotten busted.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2011, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Break into a zoo after hours and take pictures of the animals. I did that, got to spend some quality time at the local lockup. Impressed the woman i was with too, probably would have been more impressive if we hadn't gotten busted.

That's a pretty cool suggestion! Alas, there is no zoo around here, the nearest one is an hour away. I've always wanted to do stealthy stuff like that!

They should have let you go with a warning though. I mean, what could have been more harmless than what you did?

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2011, 11:54 PM

For you besson, I recommend shoplifting toys from the Dollar Tree store.

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I'm thinking about the sorts of crimes that don't hurt others,
Maybe going 160mph down the highway at 2am, there are probably other crimes that don’t hurt anyone.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2011, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by iMOTOR View Post
For you besson, I recommend shoplifting toys from the Dollar Tree store.
I could start with that, but if I get away with it I won't get my jail time. Maybe I should try to return the merchandise to see if I can get my money back, and then make a big stink if I can't?

Maybe going 160mph down the highway at 2am, there are probably other crimes that don’t hurt anyone.
Will that lead to jail time, or just an expensive ticket?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2011, 12:08 AM

Why not just cross police tape and start interfering with a crime scene to get arrested, and come back here to make a whine thread about how you were treated "unfairly" heh heh heh

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2011, 12:21 AM

Will that lead to jail time, or just an expensive ticket?
Apparently in some jurisdictions, there’s a certain speed that is considered a criminal offense.

Cold Warrior
Jun 26, 2011, 01:49 AM

besson,
Mill around the border a bit, refuse to provide information when captured by US authorities. Sit in lockup until satisfied, then provide citizenship information.

Note: no guarantees such proof will be honored.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2011, 01:54 AM

Given besson's location, would the border to Kentucky work ?

-t

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jun 26, 2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by iMOTOR View Post
Apparently in some jurisdictions, there’s a certain speed that is considered a criminal offense.
And some speeds result in automatic revocation of one's driver's license, which isn't fun. DAMHIK.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jun 26, 2011, 06:44 AM

Alas, there is no zoo around here, the nearest one is an hour away.
Where the heck do you live, the Moon?

Thorzdad
Jun 26, 2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Where the heck do you live, the Moon?
Now, now.
The nearest zoo to me is over an hour away in Indianapolis. Where the heck do you live that zoos are so common?

As for Besson's wish...I suggest gross public intoxication. Add-in a fight, and you're sure to spend the night sleeping it off in a piss-soaked holding cell with about a dozen or so of your fellow inebriates.

LaGow
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 26, 2011, 11:02 AM

This is probably the single dumbest thread I’ve ever read. I am agog. What are you, 12? Why in heaven’s name would you want to do this? Are you that bored? Or just stupid?

Take it from someone who has been arrested and handcuffed to a police bench for hours, you don’t want to do this. Here are a few consequences. Clearly you are either too young or stupid (or both) to consider them, so let me outline just a few:

1. Being arrested is public—you will be seen. Hope you enjoy the experience of being bent over the cruiser, handcuffed and put in the back seat. Have fun as the cuffs tighten in on your wrists painfully if you sit on the backs of your hands as happened to me. Don’t bother asking for help, pal, you’ll be ignored.
2. Jail is not fun. Hope you like the idea of taking a crap in front of everyone, because there’s absolutely no privacy whatsoever. Zero.
3. You will make the paper and someone will read it. Guarantee that, even if it’s just the police blotter. Have fun explaining yourself, because most sane people will walk away shaking their heads. I can only imagine what your parents will think.
4. Court isn’t fun either. And I guess you’ll have to lie to your employer about time off to make it to court that day. Lying is so much fun. It does all sorts of wonderful things for your self respect, doesn’t it? Court was especially painful for me since the judge was a friend of mine. Now I can't even talk to the man.
5. Congratulations, you have a criminal record! Oh, and now the entire criminal justice system has your fingerprints! Hope you enjoyed the experience.

And please be polite to the officer whose time you’re wasting. Now grow the **** up.
( Last edited by LaGow; Jun 26, 2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Clarity)

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by LaGow View Post
Why in heaven’s name would you want to do this?

2. Jail is not fun. Hope you like the idea of taking a crap in front of everyone, because there’s absolutely no privacy whatsoever. Zero.
I think I figured out the answer to the question.......

LaGow
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 26, 2011, 11:26 AM

I could go on. It's not like TV. One of the truly wonderful things about court, for example, is waiting for hours while the judge slogs through every other case on the docket till he makes it to yours. Everything from people who can't pay their rent to truly frightening individuals who you are happy to see locked away. I spent a good amount of the time asking myself why the hell I was there--and this arrest was "merely" for disorderly conduct. This is not an experience I'd want to repeat. Ever.

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2011, 11:38 AM

.., .
( Last edited by el chupacabra; Jan 5, 2024 at 01:02 AM. )

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2011, 01:09 PM

Have fun explaining yourself, because most sane people will walk away shaking their heads. I can only imagine what your parents will think.
Apparently, you don’t come by this forum much.

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2011, 10:37 PM

This is probably the single dumbest thread I’ve ever read. I am agog. What are you, 12? Why in heaven’s name would you want to do this? Are you that bored? Or just stupid?

Take it from someone who has been arrested and handcuffed to a police bench for hours, you don’t want to do this. Here are a few consequences. Clearly you are either too young or stupid (or both) to consider them, so let me outline just a few:

1. Being arrested is public—you will be seen. Hope you enjoy the experience of being bent over the cruiser, handcuffed and put in the back seat. Have fun as the cuffs tighten in on your wrists painfully if you sit on the backs of your hands as happened to me. Don’t bother asking for help, pal, you’ll be ignored.
3. You will make the paper and someone will read it. Guarantee that, even if it’s just the police blotter. Have fun explaining yourself, because most sane people will walk away shaking their heads. I can only imagine what your parents will think.
4. Court isn’t fun either. And I guess you’ll have to lie to your employer about time off to make it to court that day. Lying is so much fun. It does all sorts of wonderful things for your self respect, doesn’t it? Court was especially painful for me since the judge was a friend of mine. Now I can't even talk to the man.
5. Congratulations, you have a criminal record! Oh, and now the entire criminal justice system has your fingerprints! Hope you enjoyed the experience.

And please be polite to the officer whose time you’re wasting. Now grow the **** up.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2011, 03:32 AM

Get drunk. Then get naked and go jogging in public.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2011, 05:01 AM

The drunk route is IMHO the best one. I recommend downing a bottle of Smirnoff Blue label and then thanking the pretty policewoman profusely when thrown into the back of the mariah.

Its called : being taken in for your own protection, and it didn't stop me from getting Nato Top Secret security clearence.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2011, 05:04 AM

I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

andi*pandi
Jun 27, 2011, 02:09 PM

^That's not a bad idea, then when arrested you can claim you are just pointing out the waste of time these laws are, and you'll make it into the "Weird News" section of AOL.com.

Or the drunk thing.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2011, 02:17 PM

You guys better not steal my idea while I figure out my plan of attack here.

Do you guys have any suggestions involving hobos?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2011, 02:24 PM

Btw, I reported this thread to the FBI. I also mentioned Ca$h.

-t

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2011, 03:16 PM

Regicide.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2011, 05:30 PM

How about piracy on the high seas?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2011, 05:49 PM

I don't have a boat or access to royal people, but there are hobos around here, which is pretty much the same thing...

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2011, 05:53 PM

Get a sack of drugs, any kind will do, then go down to the local elementary school and start handing out free samples.

Cold Warrior
Jun 27, 2011, 06:11 PM

If it's a public school, they're probably way ahead of you, so be prepared for them to defend their drug turf.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Get a sack of drugs, any kind will do, then go down to the local elementary school and start handing out free samples.

I don't want to cause long term damage to these kids. Maybe yelling at them would be fun though?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2011, 06:37 PM

If it's a public school, they're probably way ahead of you, so be prepared for them to defend their drug turf.
It was even found at the ele school I teach at (4th grade!). Kids these days!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2011, 06:38 PM

Well buy weed, unless the kids have papers and/or a bong on them they won't be able to do much with it before it gets confiscated.

indigoimac
Senior User
Jun 27, 2011, 06:44 PM

Get drunk, try to break into neighbors house, they call cops, cops come, you run, dog comes after you and nibbles on your calf. Happened to a friend of mine. Spent the night in jail, cold shower alone with guard with some sort of cleaning agent, a TB test, and a couple court dates later and all those felonies were dismissed...
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz i7 4GB RAM 6490M 120GB OWC 6G SSD 500GB HD
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D 2GB RAM 8600M GT 200GB HD
17" C2D iMac 2.0GHz 2GB RAM x1600 500GB HD

Dork.
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2011, 07:37 PM

I don't want to cause long term damage to these kids.
Well, there goes my next suggestion: play some smooth jazz for them on your tuba.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 27, 2011, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Well, there goes my next suggestion: play some smooth jazz for them on your tuba.

Maybe I should find an elementary school and hang out in the play yard and do this the whole time?

YouTube - ‪trumpet high notes‬‏

I'll do this throughout the school day

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2011, 04:42 AM

I think you mentioned loitering earlier. Perhaps if you loitered on a street corner at night wearing something provocative....?

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2011, 11:31 AM

*throws up a little in my mouth*

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 28, 2011, 11:39 AM

Who did ?

-t

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2011, 12:17 PM

Here is the problem. You are going to cause long term harm to either yourself with a criminal record or some one else by committing a crime or having them lie. IE you could get a minor to say you raped him or her so you can spend some real time in Jail and then have the minor say it was a lie. You get off with no long term effect but the Minor could be charged with a crime. The minor in self defense of that could say it was all your idea putting you back in the hot seat.

You could just do something like evade taxes but again what ever you do will have long term affects on you. Why not just ask a local jail if you can be locked up for a couple days for the experience. Say your writing a book or something. No special treatment or protection.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 28, 2011, 02:47 PM

I've observed that all you have to do is become CEO of a major bank. You can then do whatever the f*ck you want, and the Federal Government will even reward you for it.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Links
Forum Rules