Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just called Apple Care

Just called Apple Care
Minty Fresh
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2004, 12:28 PM

I have a TiBook...that I purchased about 1 week before the AlBook's came out. According to it's serial number...it was built like the second week of September 03.

And I've had the white spots since about Oct/Nov. Just haven't had the time to send it in. So I call them up...and I say, yeah...I've just got the white spots issue, and I want to get the screen replaced. He actually asks me where they came from. I told him it's the same white spots everyones been having for the last 5 months. But he says...the problem was on the AlBooks...not the older TiBooks. So I tell him...mine was built like a week before the AlBooks came out. And it's the SAME problem.

So he tells me I have to take it to an Apple Store (or service center) and have them look at it to determine, if it should be sent in for the white spot issue. Well...I guess that's what I gotta do. I mean...if it was built and purchased 1-2 weeks before the first AlBooks came out...wouldn't they have used the same batch of LCD's...and couldn't it have the same issues. Why should I have to take this extra step...
( Last edited by Minty Fresh; Feb 11, 2004 at 12:41 PM. )

gfourdoor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2004, 02:21 PM

I don't understand what extra step you're talking about.

Regardless of which PowerBook model you have, if there's a problem it must be checked out by a technician before any replacement is done.

Apple may follow some strict rules when doing warranty work, but they have to cover their butt like like anyone else.

Minty Fresh  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2004, 02:51 PM

I see you're point, and I actually do understand why I have take it to the Apple Store first. I'm just saying...if I had an AlBook, and called up...I probably wouldn't have to take it in first...they'd just send me out a box.

Forum Links
Forum Rules