Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Has anyone here not upgraded to Snow Leopard?

Has anyone here not upgraded to Snow Leopard?
The Wolf
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 3, 2009, 03:12 PM

If you haven't upgraded, can you please take a .pdf document, open it in Preview, then save it as a .tiff. Please post what size the pdf is versus the tiff.

I think there is something going on with SL. I have a 253KB .pdf that when I turn it into a .tiff (uncompressed) it grows to 164.2MB.

The reason I am posting this is because I think this issue is now preventing me from being able to use an application called PageSender. For those of us who know, PageSender is a great app that allows you to send faxes through other applications like Pages, Numbers, Word, Excel, whatever. Unfortunately, it seems (at least for me) I can no longer send faxes b/c the files being created are too large to be sent via my outgoing server. I am still not clear is this is the fault of PageSender or the OS. Each party is blaming the other right now and I have spent the better part of three days trying to figure it out.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2009, 03:21 PM

PDF: 92 KiB
TIFF: 5.6 MiB @ 150 dpi
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

The Wolf  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 3, 2009, 03:57 PM

Wow, not what I was expecting. That's a huge difference. Crap. Thanks for the info tho. Anyone having issues with PageSender generating documents that are too large to email since upgrading?

Forum Links
Forum Rules